User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: Anyone else trying to lose weight? What is or is not working for you?

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Ninna, that's the ONLY reason I can do this, because it's easy and involves little thinking. Don't worry if you go over your calories, just learn to cut back. Instead of another coke, have some water. Caffeinated drinks are a habit, they're hard to get rid of so don't be discouraged!

I really didn't understand either how many calories I actually needed. I'm around 1300 for my weight, I thought I was good until TWO THOUSAND before. Boy was I wrong, no wonder I packed on the pounds. It's all about learning though!
    Same here... Fitnesspal tells me to eat 1200 calories a day (I'm not trying to lose weight though so I think I might be able to go a bit higher). I'm surprised I didn't gain weight eating that much before. I'm much more "in tune" with calories now.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Again while I won't post my starting weight I will say that since July 11 (that's when I weighed myself for the first time in 8 years ) I am down 4lbs and that is without even changing my eating habits (which aren't always the best).

I'm gonna try and eat better and see how much more comes off
    Last edited by harbie; Wed, Jul 18th, 2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^ congrats harbie! That's fantastic!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What is working for me is going vegan like DH. I am not as strict as he is but am down 27lbs as of today.

Since I am on a weight loss mission I avoid the higher fat things like nuts and dried fruits(only small amounts) but I eat almost anything else and do not count calories.

Preparing veggies has become an olympic sport here. It is a lot more work than popping a dozen hot dogs on the stove for supper but it is well worth it. The kids are not on board but are trying (whether they like it or not).

We bought a dehydrator and made ginger powder, It's amazing, what a smell. I put 1/4 teaspoon in a cup of hot water and drink it as tea. Let me tell you if youare looking for a natural diuretic this is it. Be warned though if you tak eit at night you will be up peeing a lot. It really does help with bloating.

I thought it would be impossible to give up cheese and chicken but so far it's ok.
    aussie, harbie, DH666 and 6 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just read this blog and it really is telling. 3 oreos a day are the death of us

http://engine2diet.com/the-daily-bee...losing-weight/

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Just read this blog and it really is telling. 3 oreos a day are the death of us

http://engine2diet.com/the-daily-bee...losing-weight/
    I saw yeaterday on the Today show the same idea about cutting out 100 cals a day ans what a HUGE difference it can make.

WTG Patty

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I came across this blog yesterday, I have to agree that cutting out sugar is number one! I know sugar was mentioned a couple times earlier, but even if you only make one change to your diet, cutting out sugar will help you feel and look better.

http://www.kriskris.com/worst-foods-to-eat/

This is a good article too http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...-making-us-fat
    Last edited by muggos0101; Thu, Jul 19th, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Steven Tyler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The best way to lose weight is doing exercise. you can do it at home or in gym also.but you have to work hard to loose weight. if you want to lose your weight quickly then i think you should think of getting some supplement as there are various supplement available to lose weight.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by steventyler146 View Post
    The best way to lose weight is doing exercise. you can do it at home or in gym also.but you have to work hard to loose weight. if you want to lose your weight quickly then i think you should think of getting some supplement as there are various supplement available to lose weight.
    While excercise is beneficial, it's not the best way to lose weight. One pound is 3,500 calories so if you jog for an hour you burn 300 calories approximately so you would need to jog almost 12 hours to burn one pound. I think it's easier to not eat the calories to begin with. As for supplements, you are taking your life in your own hands since you never know how they will affect you or what's in them to begin with.

I prefer to eat well by avoiding added fats like oil, margarine and also avoiding any animal products. I lost near 70lbs but the main benefit of a vegan diet for me is that I am off all medication and I feel great and I'm never hungry because I can eat as much as I want.
    Last edited by DH666; Tue, Jul 24th, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
    aussie, harbie, Abby5 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    While excercise is beneficial, it's not the best way to lose weight. One pound is 3,500 calories so if you jog for an hour you burn 300 calories approximately so you would need to jog almost 12 hours to burn one pound. I think it's easier to not eat the calories to begin with. As for supplements, you are taking your life in your own hands since you never know how they will affect you or what's in them to begin with.

I prefer to eat well by avoiding added fats like oil, margarine and also avoiding any animal products. I lost near 70lbs but the main benefit of a vegan diet for me is that I am off all medication and I feel great and I'm never hungry because I can eat as much as I want.
    I used to be a 100% believer that it was all about calories ingested and calories burned. I have learned from experience that it's just not true. Diuretics are no help either, losing weight from being dehydrated is not healthy.

Try quitting sugar for a week. Not even completely, so many things have a bit of sugar in them. Just don't add any sugar to anything. No spoons of sugar in coffee or tea. No chocolate or gummies, no cakes or pies, no pop. If you want dessert have a bowl of strawberries or blueberries. Blueberries are good to snack on with a toothpick. It's like quitting anything, your cravings will be significantly diminished after a week.
    Last edited by muggos0101; Thu, Jul 26th, 2012 at 02:34 AM.
    Natalka likes this.

Steven Tyler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

there are some benefits that you can achieve if you try to lose weight:-

1. Increased energy level

2. Lower your cholesterol levels

3. Reduce your blood pressure

4. Reduced aches and pains

5. Improved mobility

6. Improve your breathing

7. Help you sleep better and wake more rested

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by muggos0101 View Post
    I used to be a 100% believer that it was all about calories ingested and calories burned. I have learned from experience that it's just not true. Diuretics are no help either, losing weight from being dehydrated is not healthy.

Try quitting sugar for a week. Not even completely, so many things have a bit of sugar in them. Just don't add any sugar to anything. No spoons of sugar in coffee or tea. No chocolate or gummies, no cakes or pies, no pop. If you want dessert have a bowl of strawberries or blueberries. Blueberries are good to snack on with a toothpick. It's like quitting anything, your cravings will be significantly diminished after a week.

Reminder fo the title of this thread "WHAT IS OR ISN'T WORKING FOR YOU".

Your thoughts need not be interjected here. Not quite sure why you are trolling DH all around his posts in this thread and others. It's harrassment now.

I think if he lost 70lbs what is working for him WORKS.
    Abby5, ninna and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Your thoughts need not be interjected here. Not quite sure why you are trolling DH all around his posts in this thread and others. It's harrassment now.

Exactly. I don't need or want your bad advice.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I posted about eating berries to deal with sugar cravings, and you feel harassed? If my posts bother you, please block me, no need for the drama!

I'm feeling a little harassed myself! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DH666
    Why don't you just gof*ck yourself? You're just a troll. Feel free to forward to any mod you like.
    Why are you so angry anyway? You're going to kill yourself from high blood pressure. Go eat some sugar, maybe it will calm your nerves.
    Last edited by muggos0101; Fri, Jul 27th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I posted about eating berries to deal with sugar cravings, and you feel harassed? If my posts bother you, please block me, no need for the drama!

I'm feeling a little harassed myself! LOL

Why are you so angry anyway? You're going to kill yourself from high blood pressure. Go eat some sugar, maybe it will calm your nerves.
    Don't quote other people's posts if you are not targeting them. If you would have put that info without quoting MY post, I would not have said boo. If you feel harrassed, then don't start the ball rolling to begin with.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information