User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 258
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Heads-up - Canadian Tire scratch coupon ($5 off purchase or M&M coupon) May 18-20

  1. #241
    Mastermind Natalka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    117,320
    Likes Received
    145084
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    Do you have to have membership to shop at M&M? Or do they just have special deals for Max members?
    No, you can just shop there, but they do have specials for the max members too. Membership is free.

    http://www.mmmeatshops.com/en/eMAX/index.asp

  2. #242
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    London / Goderich, Ontario
    Posts
    962
    Likes Received
    389
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by aly8887 View Post
    Thanks! I was on their website to try and find the CEO's e-mail or number and read some reviews on the North Vancouver location and apparently it seems as if this manager is not very friendly to asians. I am Asian and sure hope this is not true. Need to get the CEO's e-mail badly now.
    Here is a link to the Canadian Tire board of directors, including president, CEO and chair (no emails or phone numbers)
    http://corp.canadiantire.ca/en/inves...directors.aspx


    Here is the corporate contact info:
    ( They are unlikely to publicize a direct link to the directors, Chair, or CEO)
    http://corp.canadiantire.ca/EN/About...ContactUs.aspx
    Last edited by greencanuck; Mon, May 21st, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
    aly8887 and Shwa Girl like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

  3. #243
    Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,401
    Likes Received
    535
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)



    Here is my second visit at CT Bay and Dundas.I bought GC first to cover my purchases if in case I dont get lucky with $5 as I have been getting $5 M&M since Friday. So my first purchase I got $5 M&M, second purchase Tide detergent soap trying to use my $2 coupie and the cashier said I am not allowed to use coupon with the scratch card, choose one or the other since I am getting the $5 instant discount so I choosed that instead of the $2 Tide coupie. Third purchase Tide detergent soap again and I used my $2 coupie trying from different cashier and she let me used it with the scratch card and I got $5 M&M coupon. Fourth purchase, I bought DVD for the boys and the scratch card has a $5 instant discount so I got the DVD for a little over $4 and I am very pleased with it, something to take home for my boys while they stayed home with DH. I got 2 more scartch cards that I did not purchase anything and they just gave me the $5 M&M coupons with it. My girlfriend and I went to M&M at Church and King St and purchased some dessert for the dinner, the cashier only allows us one transaction each of us. We went to BlueJays and Front and they let us do more than one purchase in separate transaction, would love to get more stuffs as they allow separate purchases but no room in the freezer LOL, they also have free Ice Cream tastinga nd they were good, purchased some for the sweet tooth of the family. Over all its been a very productive long weekend. I always get excited for the CT Scratch event and looking foward for the next one..Cheers everyone..

  4. #244
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    London / Goderich, Ontario
    Posts
    962
    Likes Received
    389
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    No, you can just shop there, but they do have specials for the max members too. Membership is free.

    http://www.mmmeatshops.com/en/eMAX/index.asp
    It may be better to deal in cash for this particular deal, instead of using a Max account that shows your transactions.

    The $5 M&M coupons state "one coupon per transaction, per household, during the redemption period"

    That said- some people are reporting no problem with using several of these coupons at M&M stores.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

  5. #245
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Posts
    47
    Likes Received
    25
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by aly8887 View Post
    I asked CT head office "Anne" about that and was told that it's not considered stealing from me because all the cards are property belonging to Canadian Tire and they have the rights to take them back when ever they want. The rules state "one card per person" so if I have more than one card they can take them all from me.

    OMG...I can't believe this
    Your bag is your personal belonging and cashier definitely doesn't have the right to take something from your bag without your permission.
    According to Anne, it would be ok that cashiers come to my apartment without my permission and take canadian tire scratch card from me if I have more then one only because it is their card- and ths is not true.

    It is stated on the card "Only one game card/prze may be redeemed per person. "
    It doesn't say anything that you can not have more then one card with you, it only says that you can not redeem more then one card. You can have a bunch of cards with you and you are not breaking any rules. You brake rules only when you use more then one.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

  6. #246
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    like the name says
    Posts
    10,392
    Likes Received
    15244
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    For the M&Ms at King and Church and Blue Jay Way and Front, pay attention to the newspaper boxes around them. Sometimes there is an M&Ms newspaper box with their flyers in it, and they often have 10% off coupons good for only those 2 "M&M Uptown" locations. It's a printable coupon that they staple onto the flyer. Just found one in a paper box last night and have seen it before too

    Quote Originally Posted by SimplifiedMommyTips View Post
    Here is my second visit at CT Bay and Dundas.I bought GC first to cover my purchases if in case I dont get lucky with $5 as I have been getting $5 M&M since Friday. So my first purchase I got $5 M&M, second purchase Tide detergent soap trying to use my $2 coupie and the cashier said I am not allowed to use coupon with the scratch card, choose one or the other since I am getting the $5 instant discount so I choosed that instead of the $2 Tide coupie. Third purchase Tide detergent soap again and I used my $2 coupie trying from different cashier and she let me used it with the scratch card and I got $5 M&M coupon. Fourth purchase, I bought DVD for the boys and the scratch card has a $5 instant discount so I got the DVD for a little over $4 and I am very pleased with it, something to take home for my boys while they stayed home with DH. I got 2 more scartch cards that I did not purchase anything and they just gave me the $5 M&M coupons with it. My girlfriend and I went to M&M at Church and King St and purchased some dessert for the dinner, the cashier only allows us one transaction each of us. We went to BlueJays and Front and they let us do more than one purchase in separate transaction, would love to get more stuffs as they allow separate purchases but no room in the freezer LOL, they also have free Ice Cream tastinga nd they were good, purchased some for the sweet tooth of the family. Over all its been a very productive long weekend. I always get excited for the CT Scratch event and looking foward for the next one..Cheers everyone..
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

    Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

  7. #247
    Mastermind Shwa Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,897
    Likes Received
    37974
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    Here is a link to the Canadian Tire board of directors, including president, CEO and chair (no emails or phone numbers)
    http://corp.canadiantire.ca/en/inves...directors.aspx


    Here is the corporate contact info:
    ( They are unlikely to publicize a direct link to the directors, Chair, or CEO)
    http://corp.canadiantire.ca/EN/About...ContactUs.aspx
    In the Comment section, put Attention: Stephen Wetmore, CEO and President
    aly8887 likes this.

  8. #248
    Canadian Genius PurpleBunny89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Simcoe area, Ontario
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,831
    Likes Received
    5824
    Trading Score
    454 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by aly8887 View Post
    I asked CT head office "Anne" about that and was told that it's not considered stealing from me because all the cards are property belonging to Canadian Tire and they have the rights to take them back when ever they want. The rules state "one card per person" so if I have more than one card they can take them all from me.
    SHE may say that but she is not law enforcement. She doesn't know the law. I'm pretty sure taking anything from someone is stealing. If it is CT property then why do they GIVE them away in mailboxes/papers?! So if my daughter (which I don't have) wants to collect these scratch cards to play with she isn't allowed because its CT property so they have to steal them from her little hands?! Geez. Its stealing either way IMO. I'm sure the police would agree.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

  9. #249
    Super-walking bean bun! Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15,891
    Likes Received
    21805
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    The Max Members' price on the frozen treats was 50 cents cheaper ($2.99) than regular retail price ($3.49). As the intent was to get something more or less paid for by the $5 M&M coupon, I think I did ok. The ice cream freezer was near the door, so I just chose my items and by that time, the staffer appeared at cash. Win-win.

    @theweaves_dad-I was the only customer in the late afternoon when I was in my local store too. I think only SCers who planned their CT/M&M shopping for the weekend went to the M&M stores!
    2019 #Gold

  10. #250
    Smart Canuck Minou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,922
    Likes Received
    2075
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)




    I love going on the last day of the scratch card offer. It usually means that they run out of whatever coupons they're offering and I just get $5 off my purchase! Needed a new small frying pan and some paper towels. Was a good deal for me to get $5 off.

  11. #251
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    308
    Likes Received
    9
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)



    Yes, according to Anne if you are in their store. She also told me that they have the rights to search me anytime if they suspect anything. So everything that they did was legal. Lucky for me the manager only took my cards and didn't do a full search on me "which they have the rights to do". I was so upset and felt so violated. Personally, I don't believe anyone should be treated that way or do I feel that it is legal. I asked her if there was someone else I could talk too and she told me "No". I called head office and I am talking to them now. I hope my converstaion with her was really recorded.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liliana55 View Post
    OMG...I can't believe this
    Your bag is your personal belonging and cashier definitely doesn't have the right to take something from your bag without your permission.
    According to Anne, it would be ok that cashiers come to my apartment without my permission and take canadian tire scratch card from me if I have more then one only because it is their card- and ths is not true.

    It is stated on the card "Only one game card/prze may be redeemed per person. "
    It doesn't say anything that you can not have more then one card with you, it only says that you can not redeem more then one card. You can have a bunch of cards with you and you are not breaking any rules. You brake rules only when you use more then one.

  12. #252
    Roman Empress salady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,313
    Likes Received
    2324
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    Frankly, I am surprised you haven't called the police yet. What she did was illegal, it's as simple as that!
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

    Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

  13. #253
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    308
    Likes Received
    9
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)



    I was told by the Manager Mesheia. It didn't matter how I aquired these cards they have the Canadian Tire logo on it. So they are all property belonging to Canadian Tire. If they want them back they have the rights to take it... after she reached into my bag. She then took the phone and started to call someone...She said I'm refusing to let them search me more. Because I refuse to open my bag fully for her to see if I had anymore cards in there. I was so upset standing there for 5 min for someone to come get me...I finally left all my purchases and called head office.

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    SHE may say that but she is not law enforcement. She doesn't know the law. I'm pretty sure taking anything from someone is stealing. If it is CT property then why do they GIVE them away in mailboxes/papers?! So if my daughter (which I don't have) wants to collect these scratch cards to play with she isn't allowed because its CT property so they have to steal them from her little hands?! Geez. Its stealing either way IMO. I'm sure the police would agree.

  14. #254
    Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,401
    Likes Received
    535
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    For the M&Ms at King and Church and Blue Jay Way and Front, pay attention to the newspaper boxes around them. Sometimes there is an M&Ms newspaper box with their flyers in it, and they often have 10% off coupons good for only those 2 "M&M Uptown" locations. It's a printable coupon that they staple onto the flyer. Just found one in a paper box last night and have seen it before too
    The cashier actually handed a 10% off coupon for me and my girlfriend yesterday, thanks for the tips to look at at the newspapers boxes..

  15. #255
    Canadian Guru Peachykeen2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    15,384
    Likes Received
    24359
    Trading Score
    513 (100%)




    Name:  IMG_0007.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  36.9 KB

    unless your card was different than ours the cashier instructions were very clear

    no purchase necessary to participate is for getting the scratch card itself which is outlined in the several page rules and regulations at customer service



    [
    Last edited by Jezebel; Mon, May 21st, 2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: removed quote

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •