• 4 Post By Ami1984
  • 1 Post By avoncallingu
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 2 Post By ninna

Thread: Price Match DOH!

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

I went to Wal-mart and didn't have a list but had my flyers well I need hamburger buns
    and I saw villagio buns in one of the flyers for $1.49 so I grabbed 3 packs of what I thought was
    villagio buns but were in fact Italiano, and she said these are the wrong buns and I was like no
    there aren't they say crustini buns as well and she was like the wrong brand I felt like such
    a nerd my face went so red, She did have a very good sense of humour about it though, and
    was very nice too, She said I gave her the shut up and do it face LOL I got a kick out of that
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Natalka, Lynn49, ssbean and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I get those mixed up too! Nice cashier!
    ninna likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Guess that cashier has seen all the facial expressions so much, that she can read minds now.
    It's o.k. to have a Homer Simpson moment sometimes.
    ninna likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol..."shut up and do it face" !! Very cute! I've used that one when shopping, too...lollll!
    ninna likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh don't feel too bad.

One time last year I went to WM and decided to price match a bunch of stuff. I had all my coupons ready and my competitor flyers circled and ready. Get to the cashier and we're ringing up the stuff. I'm ready. I'm organized. I'm alert and watching the stuff ring up and it's going well. Super well.

We get to an item (forget what it was) and I whip out my Food Basics flyer and insist she price match it. She's lookin' at me kinda like I'm a total weirdo.

LOL...wouldn't you know it-- Walmart had a CHEAPER price that week on the same item and here's me...insisting that she price match the stupid thing so that I can pay MORE for it.

Boy oh boy. I turned 50 shades of red when I figured out what the problem was.
    ssbean and Ami1984 like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ami1984 View Post
    I went to Wal-mart and didn't have a list but had my flyers well I need hamburger buns
    and I saw villagio buns in one of the flyers for $1.49 so I grabbed 3 packs of what I thought was
    villagio buns but were in fact Italiano, and she said these are the wrong buns and I was like no
    there aren't they say crustini buns as well and she was like the wrong brand I felt like such
    a nerd my face went so red, She did have a very good sense of humour about it though, and
    was very nice too, She said I gave her the shut up and do it face LOL I got a kick out of that
    We've mixed those brands up as well!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No worries, those two brands look extremely similar - I've mixed them up as well . Although, my local WM doesn't carry Italiano, only Villagio.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Funny this topic came up this week. I did the same thing 1.5 weeks ago. I asked to complete my transaction and leave that item out so I could go and double check. When I came back a lady in line was talking to her. Saying I don't know what is wrong with those people. Why don't they just pay for what they want . The once good cashier did not know I was standing behind her was agreeing.
    I felt very embarrassed then. Like a weirdo or something. I have not been couponing that long but love it
    Especially when you go to price match at WM and realize the price on the shelf is a total rip off.
    I have not been back or used a coupon since. Hoping to get up the nerve to go today. I have some juice and toilet paper to get.

Thread Information