User Tag List

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Protest talk - thread

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

I never use the 5 and/or 7$ day care because I didn't want my kids go to that kind of "institution" too early, school come enought quickly. I didn't wanted that they were clusterized in group age for this period of life. I didn't want that my kids was "entertained" all the time. This was and is my choice, I live with it!

So I found a private day care place for dd1 when she was close to 2 years old (I didn't need it before because hubby was at home at that time). The year between dd2 and ds1 (so when I was pregnant of ds1), I had a woman coming to my home to take care of my 2 DDs. This was a good thing because I was also dealing with my dad's cancer at that time. But I hate to have someone in my thing, so after my maternity leave, we found a new private daycare.

At one point, I was having 3 kids in private daycare in the same time. Yup the bill was high, but it was for a short period... DD1 start the school, DS2 arrived no longer after and I decided to stay at home with my kids for an underterminated time.

So no more daycare private or at 7$ for my kids.
    I think I have a problem with the principe of daycare... but this is me, other people could want or need it.
    Last edited by 2010ontest; Fri, May 25th, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
    AnnieP likes this.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Lol @ Darth!

Oh, Georgia, I'm sorry I didn't see your reply right away. At first, to me, your situation seemed like the most ideal. Parents who worked hard to help you and your sisters, you got a great education, and then you started a family when you were well on your feet. BUt taking a second look, there's lots of opportunity cost there as well. First, your parents. They gave up lots to give their girls what they felt was best. And then you chose to wait to start a family. There are costs in all choices we make and that doesn't have to mean a bad thing.

My situation was the opposite but I'm in no way complaining. With very little support, and being a teen mom with my first born, I didn't have time to feel sorry for myself. I had to get my arse in gear because I was responsible for another living being and, hey, the sun wasn't going to wait for me to rise in the morning!
    AnnieP, 2010ontest and GeorgiaK like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    I think I have a problem with the principe of daycare... but this is me, other people could want or need it.
    Our major reason for choosing daycare was the fact we had to educate in French or home-school...sending a 5yo into a school system they don't understand, to me anyway, is touching on abuse..

I've seen it from both sides of the language divide.
    I know of Franco-phone children going into the English schoool system who couldn't ask for the bathroom and I know of Anglo-phones in the French system who had the same problems.

And I've heard this every year since 2003...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Ontest, I would have needed a big sister like you back when . My one and only regret, not having spent more time with my boys, especially my younger one (dh was the part-time worker then and spent most time with him). But, it is what it is and we have to live with our choices.
    GeorgiaK likes this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Our major reason for choosing daycare was the fact we had to educate in French or home-school...sending a 5yo into a school system they don't understand, to me anyway, is touching on abuse..

I know of Franco-phone children going into the English schoool system who couldn't ask for the bathroom and I know of Anglo-phones in the French system who had the same problems.

I agree Darth, this is why I said it was my point of view and probably not the best for everyone so they coul need or want the daycare.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I'm realllllly curious about the bolded statement, do you feel the same way if the child is 8 or 9 ?

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Maybe not UK, but remember that student in UK also wonder how the f**** there are going to pay after the rise!
    It is a big polemic there also!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

But you surely get the ''remboursement anticipé pour frais de gardes dans les garderies non-subventionnée''.
    As your husband seems to have no income, the reimbursement probably make the cost around 10$ per day.

We have great services here. The welfare, the assurance-emploi, the congé parental, the daycare, the med.care.

All of those above could not be possible if noboby was willing to do their parts. I'm willing to do so.

Why did governement listen to the families who did have a problem with fertility (which cost us A LOT!) and don't want to listen to 80% of the students?

And yes, we are 80% who don't want tuition to rise.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I did make the calculation yesterday night.

I'm entitled to nothing in terms of loans. NOTHING. So the hikes touchs me a lot. I'm not spoiled, my parents just can't help me even is they make more than 100k.

We are going to assist to a lot of ''arranged-marriage''. This way, students can have access to bursaries.

Now, 30% of the students have access to loans and bursaries. If the hike goes through, we'll see the number rise. And the program won't be able to help all of these students within the cost of the rise (325 million).

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I didn't have to deal with that situation.....
    However, if a child was educated in one language and is forced to be educated in another that they don't understand at all, that opens them up to a whole new issue of bullying.
    Putting some-one without power into that situation, even though you have too, opens the door way to all kinds of unpleasantness. It's hard enough being the new kid at school, without a language barrier.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I didn't have to deal with that situation.....
    However, if a child was educated in one language and is forced to be educated in another that they don't understand at all, that opens them up to a whole new issue of bullying.
    Putting some-one without power into that situation, even though you have too, opens the door way to all kinds of unpleasantness. It's hard enough being the new kid at school, without a language barrier.
    Ooops, guess you were replying just as I was pm'ing you.

I was curious because I went through that in Grade 4, all I knew how to say in English at the time was the writing on those stickers "Hello, my name is ----". My ever-so-determined mother found loopholes in the system and I went to English schools ever since. I'm not saying it was a super easy transition and having it happen at a younger age probably made it easier for me. Sure, there was bullying but I was bullied as a nerd in French school too.

I don't always agree with some of the choices my parents made for me growing up, but I feel this was one of the wisest ones my Mom ever made for me and I'm still grateful to her for it. YMMV
    AnnieP likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

I remember when I was at school when I was living with 4 other peoples and deals with all of them...
    The colocs fun part and not fun part al the time... It was a way to reduce our cost in a year, it was a compromise to do. Sure when I go alone with my boyfriend the amount spend for an appartment have increase. It was a choice, we always have choice.

We have choice to play victim all the time or to be positive and found the good thing in everything.

I prefered to be positive than a victim.
    Be positive is also a very creative way for all aspect of our life.
    snuffaluffagus and GeorgiaK like this.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

J'ai promis de ne pas faire de commentaire, mais l'envie de le faire me démange.
    kelly25 likes this.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Hi ladies. Haven't caught up with the thread, but wanted to post first We went out for the afternoon/evening with DH for his bday yesterday, and today, I feel awful. I dunno if this is heat stroke but my throat is so dry, feels like a sore throat, yet I don't feel like drinking (but crave it anyway?) and have felt nauseated/exhausted since the morning. I don't wannna moooove.

Have to catch up with this thread later

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    Hi ladies. Haven't caught up with the thread, but wanted to post first We went out for the afternoon/evening with DH for his bday yesterday, and today, I feel awful. I dunno if this is heat stroke but my throat is so dry, feels like a sore throat, yet I don't feel like drinking (but crave it anyway?) and have felt nauseated/exhausted since the morning. I don't wannna moooove.

Have to catch up with this thread later
    It's going around because we have all had different variations of something similar in the last week.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information