User Tag List

Page 94 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2235
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Been stalking Walmart the last few days to see if they are putting any garden stuff on liquidation yet. I picked up 15 hostas for $1 each. I am going to plant them under my blue spruce. Saves me digging one of my own up and splitting it and this way I got 5 different varieties. Really happy because some of them are the jumbos, downside is none are labelled so I have no clue as to the names.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Our Wally World had the most pathetic garden center ever. At the beginning of June the plants looked like they do in August at other garden centers. All they had were sad annuals - mostly impatiens and geraniums - tiny vegetables, and leggy perennials. Needless to say, I haven't been back.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Got these
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Our Wally World had the most pathetic garden center ever. At the beginning of June the plants looked like they do in August at other garden centers. All they had were sad annuals - mostly impatiens and geraniums - tiny vegetables, and leggy perennials. Needless to say, I haven't been back.

This year someone is taking much better care of the garden center. In previous years it sucked.
    GoJays and acosta like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My mouth is dropped open Patty! That yard! Those plants, those veggies! Oh I wanna live the rest of the summer at your place too ( someone else said that earlier ). Do you have trouble using up all the produce? I know certain foods can be picked, cooked, frozen but what about the lettuces and cucumbers? Do they get eaten all up? I ate a massive salad today from the lettuces in my yard and that is from one measly little railing planter box, you have tons there! lol
    So nice that after that scary winter and frosty Spring you got this now!! Congrats, you earned that bounty from all the work and love you put into it.
    Angela273 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Patty, i'm so jalous of your garden, you really have a green tumb , i'm ashame of saying ''my garden'' now when i'm talking about the few plants i have.....

do you have restricted whatering hours ? though we are surrounded by water , our city is very stick about it....so much than DH told me.....the thing to do with my flowers is planting them and letting them die.....
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    My mouth is dropped open Patty! That yard! Those plants, those veggies! Oh I wanna live the rest of the summer at your place too ( someone else said that earlier ). Do you have trouble using up all the produce? I know certain foods can be picked, cooked, frozen but what about the lettuces and cucumbers? Do they get eaten all up? I ate a massive salad today from the lettuces in my yard and that is from one measly little railing planter box, you have tons there! lol
    So nice that after that scary winter and frosty Spring you got this now!! Congrats, you earned that bounty from all the work and love you put into it.
    I do have an overabundance of produce, but my neighbors come over with a bowl and get lettuce a few times a week. SO far no peas, beans, tomatoes or kale yet it's too early. I have cucumbers as of this week. I will start making green smoothies now that I have the cucumbers. Sadly the bok choy went to seed and is being eaten but I am letting it get eaten so they(whoever they are ) leave the rest alone. My swiss chard is also ready to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    Patty, i'm so jalous of your garden, you really have a green tumb , i'm ashame of saying ''my garden'' now when i'm talking about the few plants i have.....

do you have restricted whatering hours ? though we are surrounded by water , our city is very stick about it....so much than DH told me.....the thing to do with my flowers is planting them and letting them die.....
    This year we do not have restrictions yet Mia but last year it was every other day so I go into that routine and this year I water only my pots every other day. I never water the grass if it burns so be it. The back will not likely burn there is very little and I let it grow long for 2 weeks between cuttings . The front will burn for sure because it gets full sun. For the hydrangeas in the back yard I have 50 foot drip hoses that I turn on for a few hours every week or 2.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Thu, Jul 3rd, 2014 at 11:11 PM.
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

One thing I do as well is when I cut the grass I use the bag and all the clippings go in the garden as mulch especially around the tomatoes, celery and cucumbers when they are young plants. This helps to keep the ground moist as well as giving a big nitrogen boost. I lay it about 2 inches thick every week for the months of May and June. Amazingly it is all broken down now and since the garden is thick I don't need to mulch it anymore.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Ok, so finally have some pictures of the flowers that have stummped me this year. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

1st 2 pics are of the same plant..purple flowers & then a picture of the leaves (I thought the leaves were interesting). It's definately a vine of some kind as it's growing up into a euonymus bush.

Name:  SCP.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  45.6 KB
    Name:  SC2.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  42.7 KB

The next one has no flowers..but there's quite a few of them growing in a bunch, and I don't think their of the weed variety because they're just coming up in the one spot. .not the hosta, the plants in front of it.

Name:  SC3.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  60.8 KB

And last but not least this pretty little plant....I think it's suppose to be standing upright...the stem on this plant is kind of woody like it should be a bush of some sort.

Name:  SC4.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  46.6 KB

I have some more plants to take pictures of out back...but I am hoping someone here can help me figure out these ones first....
    Last edited by Sunshyne1; Fri, Jul 4th, 2014 at 11:07 AM.
    22hicks likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The last pic. is spirea I have some of those.

The 3rd pic beside the hosta look like Zinnia seedlings
    22hicks, Angela273, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Thanks Patty....I have a feeling that the pretty little purple star flower vine is a weed :o( but it's so pretty I am not sure I want to pull it!

Is speria suppose to lay on the ground like that or should I try to spike it up? Just not sure what I should be doing with it.

yikes, just found out what the star flower is, Bittersweet Nighshade...isn't that poisonous?
    Last edited by Sunshyne1; Fri, Jul 4th, 2014 at 11:32 AM.
    22hicks likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Spirea come in all shapes and sizes but usually grow into a bush form so no need for staking
    22hicks likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    Thanks Patty....I have a feeling that the pretty little purple star flower vine is a weed :o( but it's so pretty I am not sure I want to pull it!

Is speria suppose to lay on the ground like that or should I try to spike it up? Just not sure what I should be doing with it.

yikes, just found out what the star flower is, Bittersweet Nighshade...isn't that poisonous?
    the berries are poisonous to people and livestock so if you have kids or cows get rid of it, otherwise if there's no danger of anyone eating them i'd leave it.. the berries are really cool when they come out

22hicks likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

weed or not i'd love to get my hands on one of these

they're porcelain berries and they're the most extraordinary color
    22hicks, Angela273, acosta and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Just one cow..but I've taught her to avoid that part of the front yard..lol

It is a very pretty little flower...and it can be quite evasive but im going to see if I can somehow keep it in check.

I am really hoping those are Zinnias that are popping up....I love those flowers!

The porcelain berries look like some sort of magical fruit that you would find in The Shire!
    Last edited by Sunshyne1; Fri, Jul 4th, 2014 at 02:41 PM.
    Patty Smyth, 22hicks and Angela273 like this.

Page 94 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast

Thread Information