User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: CASHIERS: Seriously? Just do your job!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

This post is extremely offensive. Every one of us who coupons has had a cashier who misread a coupon. In fact, every one of us who coupons has probably misread a coupon ourselves. Publicly attacking cashiers for one simple error (that was quickly remedied) seems immature and is uncalled for. The assertions about their education level are just plain silly.

All honest work deserves respect and all people deserve to be treated with dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by darlataz View Post
    Being a cashier is not a Trade nor requires post secondary education....ONLY requires common sense and people skills (very unique for some)
    This cashier, as soon as she saw my coupons...rolled her eyes..proceeded to read the coupon that stated "try product free", I had two coupons and 2 products. She hands me back one of the coupons and states, " you gave me one too many, as it is buy one and get one....
    Lost me here....mentally ...I looked again at the coupon and it said "try me free"; I then stated..."Seriously, please show me where it says b1g1 free" she then took coupon back and states.."oh,,,I read it wrong"
    Seriously ...can you even read....::????

I did do that job when I was in High School and could read....job is tiresome and heavy sometimes ...but ..I still was able to read.....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by etherealone View Post
    If being a cashier was so easy, then everyone would want to do. what you said was really insensitive. and the jobs you compare it to are hard in their own way.

Like i said, i have done the job. and it is not easy at all. in fact, that is why work is called work, and not happy fun time. A job is a job that you give your services to in order to get pay. I can't tell you how difficult it is to deal with people all day, all different moods, all different attitudes. Being on your feet all day, limited space to move in. this job is both emotional and physically demanding. and it can be very stressful.

Shout out to all the great cashiers that HELP US to save money.
    I agree.
    A good cashier will be:
    * promoting the store's debit and credit card products
    * promoting the charity the company is interested in
    * telling customers about specials
    * knowing the discount codes (No Tax Day)
    * taking care of lost children (Code Adam)
    * helping seniors who are disabled, tired from walking through a huge store
    * helping disabled customers
    * calling for a carry out when Mom has an overflowing cart + toddlers in tow
    * checking for those trying to steal (they are there every week, trust me)
    * helping customers who have a mental developmental disability (our regulars -- they know which cashiers go to-- the ones that are friendly and are safe to deal with
    * dealing with Secret Shoppers who try to trip you up and report you

And so on....
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
    KK7 likes this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I agree.
    A good cashier will be:
    * helping customers who have a mental developmental disability (our regulars -- they know which cashiers go to-- the ones that are friendly and are safe to deal with

And so on....
    And yet... not one of those things sounds like a hard job.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    I am very sad to read your response.
    Sad.
    KK7, macw1960 and AshleyRobertson like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I am very sad to read your response.
    Sad.
    I'm sorry you feel that way... but none of it sounds hard to me.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    I disagree.. being a cashier isnt the hardest job in the world true.
    When I was a cashier, standing in the same spot for 8 hours doing the same thing over and over again is VERY tiring, and at the end of the day? My feet are killing me, my back hurts and im tired.
    So while it may not be a ''hard'' job, its a very tiring job.
    scbpooh, KK7, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

You forgot the part where they have to be sure that they read the coupons to ensure that they are being used on the right product, size.. its not expired., is valid in Canada, one per purchase or per person. As annoying as the cashiers who think their company is losing money when we use coupons, we need to understand they are just being loyal to their employer. Trying to do a good job.

On a serious note, as offensive as this post is.. it is the RANTING section.. people are supposed to be able to rant here.. Attacking someone for their rant is equal to attacking someone for their brag in the brag section.
    I agree.
    A good cashier will be:

And so on....
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I've held my tongue all day. I've reported this thread twice, and it still exists. Boo said, "please make sure you are not attacking other people or members. Don't insult or offend people with your rant and be considerate."

No, I'm not modding. I'm just passing on info about the rant forum.

Last edited by K8's Fate; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: remove unneeded quote
    Gazpache and Shwa Girl like this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I find a lot of the comments made on thread to be offensive. I have worked as a cashier and I can guarantee you it was not "a walk in the park" some of these cashiers are students (I was) who could have been at school all day or at another job, they probably had a stern talking to about coupons and to make sure they were used correctly. I'm sure if a cashier is constantly taking coupons for the wrong products or giving overages and free products they will get in trouble and a lot of people right now can't afford to lose their job. so let's try to remember that the next time a cashier questions a coupon.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

I haven't had too many problems trying to use coupons with cashiers so I can't really relate to a lot of the frustration mentioned in this thread. But I don't think it's right to belittle them or say that their job is not hard. Yes, it's not physically demanding - but it can be quite hard to smile and deliver good customer service non stop for four to eight hours straight. Especially if you're dealing with things in your personal life and have to deal with an irate customer on top of that. I also don't think that it is a job *anyone* can do. You might not need an education to be hired as one but I know a lot of people that wouldn't be able to do it. Dealing with people all day isn't always as easy as one may think.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon_crazy2011 View Post
    People get so bent out of shape over this. I know there is cashiers that are Anti Couponers and make it their mission to give us a hard time every time... There is one of them in my town and we actually had a conversation about it too where she admitted that she Hated couponers and tries everything to have them not come to their store anymore. I reported her to the manager and she was told she had to leave her personal feelings to herself and just do her job or otherwise. Now when I go there she still has the whole eye rolling, huffing and puffing thing going on but she keeps her mouth shut and processes the coupons after she takes 10 min to look at each one. I am a very organized and honest couponer, I always read the back and never try to get away with anything so yes I do believe there are some cashiers out there that do it on purpose but I have some that are also my favorites that have no problems with couponers, get excited with you and it just makes the shopping experience so much better.
    Since she is made aware on how to process coupons properly, this is the one to go to.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I realize the OPs frustration. Sometimes we say things when we are mad. Some people are being a bit harsh I am sure she doesnt have some evil hate for cashiers hehe.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

just taking a poll I was wondering is it classified as being physically demanding lifting big jugs of water(ones for water cooler ect ), lifting cases of pop, huge boxes of kitty litter, or big bags of flour just a few samples?? And not all cashiers just scan and bag, I also carry big boxes of printer roll tape to give to each cash, boxes of chocolates to restock, magazines ect ect. I could go on but I feel it will get me no where. I will end on one note YOU CAN NOT...CAN NOT stand still at my store if no customers clean, empty converer(sp) slots, retuen green baskets(oh and these are not light to lift and push around), take your returns of all the product customers change their mind on to the return area, fix front display, fix the water, charcol ect by the exit. I wish it was a picnic!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I think a lot of the experience at the register has to do with store climate, training, and effectiveness of management. It sometimes seems to me that some stores/locations have uniformly great, friendly, easygoing and generous cashiers, while others have a large number of unhappy employees, some of whom appear to seek power by barking at customers and nitpicking about coupons.

I completely understand that mistakes happen, and that some transactions are a comedy of errors. It's the spirit with which the cashier and customer deal with the problem that makes all the difference. I really don't like it when a cashier makes a mistake, blames me for it, and gives me a lecture! ("You really should point out the pink sticker before I scan the item, not right after!" The sticker was visible.)
    Aimz likes this.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Was like that at my store too when I was a cashier. You were always doing something.
    You're right KK7 - it definately can be a physically demanding job. Especially on holidays and when heavier items are on sale. Everyone in line seems to have a box of kitty litter or pop, and you're ringing in customers non stop. I should have clarified in my earlier comment that it's not *always* a constant physically demanding job (there are those slow days), but there are lifting requirements so you can't say it isn't either.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information