User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: CASHIERS: Seriously? Just do your job!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired
    Being a cashier is not a Trade nor requires post secondary education....ONLY requires common sense and people skills (very unique for some)
    This cashier, as soon as she saw my coupons...rolled her eyes..proceeded to read the coupon that stated "try product free", I had two coupons and 2 products. She hands me back one of the coupons and states, " you gave me one too many, as it is buy one and get one....
    Lost me here....mentally ...I looked again at the coupon and it said "try me free"; I then stated..."Seriously, please show me where it says b1g1 free" she then took coupon back and states.."oh,,,I read it wrong"
    Seriously ...can you even read....::????

I did do that job when I was in High School and could read....job is tiresome and heavy sometimes ...but ..I still was able to read.....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

lolz!

cashiers can be very rude with coupons......
    its like the "money" is coming outa "their" pocket!

like u said.. commmon sense is all u need... and yet..

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

hmmm to make a comment or not a comment............I think as much as you may not like that cashier I think your comments are very rude and offensive to other cashiers. Maybe she looked at it too quickly who knows but don't think it is the end of the world you did get it for free. Some cashiers have an education and can not find jobs else where.
    Natalka, aussie, mcminsen and 15 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

darlataz, what store?

@KK7, yes there are good cashiers and not so good ones. I pick my favourites at the stores I shop at and don't go to the others.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    hmmm to make a comment or not a comment............I think as much as you may not like that cashier I think your comments are very rude and offensive to other cashiers. Maybe she looked at it too quickly who knows but don't think it is the end of the world you did get it for free. Some cashiers have an education and can not find jobs else where.
    I'm with ya on that one.
    I have an education, a college diploma and certifications.
    Cant get a job in my field, so i have to work retail. it sucks sometimes, people suck, but at the end of the day, I need that paycheque.
    Natalka, aussie, KK7 and 6 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To be on the other side of things, as a cashier I'd have customers hand me coupons then try to get free stuff with it. Oh, this coupon is for a Big Mac only? Can I just get a 20 pack of Chicken McNuggets then? Uhh, no... Don't give me a coupon for a free soft drink then ask for an espresso instead. Don't give me a coupon for two meals for 9.95 then try to order 4 meals with 1 coupon.

But yes, I understand your frustration.
    Last edited by Snow Queen; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
    To be on the other side of things, as a cashier I'd have customers hand me coupons then try to get free stuff with it. Oh, this coupon is for a Big Mac only? Can I just get a 20 pack of Chicken McNuggets then? Uhh, no... Don't give me a coupon for a free soft drink then ask for an espresso instead. Don't give me a coupon for two meals for 9.95 then try to order 4 meals with 1 coupon.

But yes, I understand your frustration.
    lol, yup, I worked in Fast Food for several years. We always dreaded when coupons went out...

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I think that cashiers have to be given a break as maybe sometimes they are not having a good day just like the rest of us. Who really knows as I am sure we are not all perfect shoppers.

Yesterday while I was out shopping the till froze at FB and had to be rebooted and then the scale did not work. The cashier kept apologizing even though I told her it was fine.

At A&W my CC wouldn't work for some reason even though they tried everything they could think of to get it to work and I had been using it all day.

At Zehrs they charged my DH tax on an FPC and I went back for it.

At SDM my GC was rung in before my coupons, till would not work then, offered to wait while they called HO to fix it as I was assuming there had to be a way, manager was called and he fixed. Stood my ground on my Tim's GC, would not give it back as coupons are tender. $95.00 worth of stuff for $28. and a Tim's GC to boot. Cashier even rang in a coupon she had by her till even though I had one the same but she did not know that.

I never lost my cool once, just shrugged off the stuff that I could not control and went on with my day. Everything worked out fine and besides life is too short to get all irritated about it.

By the way I used to be a cashier and I was the one that would let you know there was a coupon for the product you were buying or just apply it as I kept some by my till.
    Natalka likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I used to be a cashier back in the day and I was faaaaaaaaaaar from perfect! I absolutely loved couponers...it's a shame I didn't see them too often! Having said that, yes there are some rude cashiers who will try to give you a hard time...I've had those too. I just ignore them, and move on. It's not worth my time or energy fighting with them. I just make a mental note for the future to avoid that particular cashier or to shop elsewhere.
    etherealone likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Since I started avidly couponing a few months ago, I always try to make extra allowances for time and complications on every transaction.

I also try to build good relationships with the store staff, who are my partners in saving me money.

Having been a cashier myself, there are many reasons that a coupon was read incorrectly, the main point would be that it was remedied easily and quickly. (ie no refusal, no big bad emotional scene)
    Last edited by greencanuck; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Natalka likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You and so many others I know, my dear. This economy is a b****
    Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    I'm with ya on that one.
    Cant get a job in my field, so i have to work retail. it sucks sometimes, people suck, but at the end of the day, I need that paycheque.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sometimes this kind of stuff happens. But there are also customers who read coupons wrong and berate cashiers for it. I know, it happened to me when I was a cashier. I am a writer. So yes, I can DEFINITELY read.
    MillieH likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Me 2 plus so many other people I know who work for Walmart and Loblaws. I have a BA, diplomas etc and still can't work in my field and even going back to school. Being a cashier is hard work, underpaid and sometimes one rude person and ruin your whole day. Gf is a cashier at Walmart and the horror stories.

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    I'm with ya on that one.
    Natalka, lekate and MillieH like this.

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

To play devils advocate:

I don't see the big deal here. she read it wrong, she even said she did. then it was all over and done and I guess you got what you wanted because you did not post that.

i think it's a bit demeaning that you attack her level of education just because she read the coupon wrong.

you acknowledge that the job is tiresome. that is a huge understatement depending where you work. Maybe she was exhausted. she made a mistake but owned up to it so I don't see what the problem is here?

You have no idea where she is from and what level of education she has. Perhaps she is a university educated woman who is in between jobs in her field?

you should let this go. being this mad over something is not good for you and maybe its a sign that your way too stressed out and wound up.
    Last edited by etherealone; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: forgot something
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I have had cashiers like that as well. Cashiers can't all be lumped into a group, as like anyone else. Having a bad experience with a cashier and saying they are all stupid because of it, would be like having a bad experience with 1 colored person and then saying "all black's are bad" which is wrong.

Having said that, I have had my share of experiences with idiot cashiers. Im usually very nice and polite but I have lost it a few times. One not long ago with a cashier who is always "picking apart" every coupon in the hopes of finding a problem. It was with one of the Doritos / Lays / doritos coupons from the Pepsi promo. The coupon stated the sizes and I had a 400 gram Tostitos ( I think, been a little while ) and that was within the size restriction. She read the lays size ( something like 200 grams for the limit I think ) and snarled at me. She said "This is the wrong size, you have the 400 gram bag, go get the 200" just very rudely. I took the coupon and looked at it, thinking I made a mistake and feeling pretty bad.... when I read that the bag I had was within the size restriction, I lost it a little. I don't ever yell or anything, and I didn't in this case either. I did give her an ear full though in a very polite normal ( non screaming voice ). I said "you know, I am just so sick of coming here and having every coupon I ever try to use picked apart, before you start accusing your customers of fraud, which using a coupon on a wrong size would be... maybe you should read the whole thing first" she never said a word for the rest of the transaction. I hate it when cashiers try to pick things apart and find something wrong when there really isnt!!!

Another cashier REALLY pissed me off at Sobeys a while ago too!!! I had been coming from the gym ( no make up, pony tail, gym clothes, etc ) and I had the B1G1 Bulls eye printable that I traded for on here. I didnt even notice that some of them didnt have a barcode until I was at the check out and the cashier noticed it. She pointed it out to me, and said they were fake. I assured her they were not, but I couldnt argue that they had no barcode, so I left without the bulls eye. About a week later when the SS came out with the insert coupon..... I went to the same lady, but this time I was dressed nice, hair done, make up on.... I guess she didnt realize it was me the week before. She took my coupons and went on to tell me "You should have been here last week, this one lady came in with a handful of fake coupons, she made them herself on her computer and tried to pass them to me, I caught her and sent her on her way"

I nearly bit a piece out of my tongue not to say anything!!! Some cashiers are SO RUDE!!!! On the other hand, I have some good ones too, so they can't all be thrown into the same boat. Just like the rest of us... it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information