User Tag List

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by platapus381 View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the questions that are sent to doctors for clarification? Or do you know where I could find a copy online?

Thank you!
    They have various questionnaires for various disabilities ie. mental function, dressing, walking plus several others etc....and no there are no copies online.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    question. if you return to work, can you still apply for the DTC for the years you weren't working.
    Mrs. S I don't believe so as this is intented for severe disabilities, however, if on CPPD you can work and make up to $5100.00 a year without penalty but they must be notified and you can stop CPPD is your medical condition improves and you are able to earn more than $5100.00 per year. Hope that helps
    CouponKitten likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    They have various questionnaires for various disabilities ie. mental function, dressing, walking plus several others etc....and no there are no copies online.
    Thanks Jasper. I was hoping to know what the mental functions questionnaire contained.
    Simcoe likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

signed online to RCA and my ds2's application went from we are processing your dtc to.....we are unable to determine if XX qualifies, they still don't have the questionnaire back from doctor who still has not rec'd it..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by platapus381 View Post
    Thanks Jasper. I was hoping to know what the mental functions questionnaire contained.
    I'd like to know too

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Here are the questions for Mental Functioning as per my copy that is for my 13 year son....

Which statement describes your patient's ability to perform the basic skills of daily living (e.g. managing personal hygiene, making simple purchases, going out in the community?

a. is able to perform these skills independently without any assistance
    b. requires assistance or takes an inordinate amount of time to perform them, but ONLY with complex tasks (e.g. completing homework), during periods of exacerbation or in stressful situations
    c. requires continuous assistance or takes an inordinate amount of time to perform them all or substantially all of the time, at least 90% of the time

Which statement describes your patients ability to express himself? Your patient is?

a. is able to express himself without difficulty
    b. unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to express himself, but ONLY when the subject is complex, during periods of exacerbation or in stressful situations
    c. unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to express himself all or substantially all of the time, at least 90% of the time.

Which statement describes your patients ability to follow age-appropriate instructions
    a. is able to follow age appropriate instructions
    b. unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to express himself, but ONLY when the subject is complex, during periods of exacerbation or in stressful situations
    c. unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to follow instructions all or substantially all of the time, at least 90% of the time (e.g. does not understand the basic concepts of language)

Which statement describes your patient`s ability to remember
    a. has no difficulty remembering most of the time
    b. is unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to remember, but ONLY in situations involving complex instructions, during periods of exacerbation or in stressful situations
    c. is unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to remember simple instructions and requires continuous supervision to ensure his well-being all or substantially all of the time, at least 90% of the time

Which statement describes your patient`s ability to find solutions to practical problems that are encountered on a daily basis

Which statement describes your patient`s ability to exercise judgement in daily situations

which statement describes your patient`s ability to be self-directed in planning his daily activities

last 3 questions all have similar choices as above
    AprilDal likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

signed online to RCA and my ds2's application went from we are processing your dtc to.....we are unable to determine if XX qualifies, they still don't have the questionnaire back from doctor who still has not rec'd it..
    I'm in the same boat as you.....Keep on top of CRA, they actually called my doctors office which was good because the questionnaire had been at the office for more than a month and not touched. This led to my claim being disallowed but now when I log in states the same unable to determine. Each time I call CRA I get a different answer, right now they are saying they are waiting for the questionnaire and should have a decision within 8 weeks. Here's hoping the questionnaire that was mailed finally reaches Sudbury in time lol!!
    Last edited by Bluedasher; Mon, Aug 4th, 2014 at 12:54 PM.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here are the questions for Mental Functioning as per my copy that is for my 13 year son....

Which statement describes your patient's ability to perform the basic skills of daily living (e.g. managing personal hygiene, making simple purchases, going out in the community?

a. is able to perform these skills independently without any assistance
    b. requires assistance or takes an inordinate amount of time to perform them, but ONLY with complex tasks (e.g. completing homework), during periods of exacerbation or in stressful situations
    c. requires continuous assistance or takes an inordinate amount of time to perform them all or substantially all of the time, at least 90% of the time

Which statement describes your patients ability to express himself? Your patient is?

a. is able to express himself without difficulty
    c. unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to express himself all or substantially all of the time, at least 90% of the time.

Which statement describes your patients ability to follow age-appropriate instructions
    a. is able to follow age appropriate instructions
    c. unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to follow instructions all or substantially all of the time, at least 90% of the time (e.g. does not understand the basic concepts of language)

Which statement describes your patient`s ability to remember
    a. has no difficulty remembering most of the time
    b. is unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to remember, but ONLY in situations involving complex instructions, during periods of exacerbation or in stressful situations
    c. is unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to remember simple instructions and requires continuous supervision to ensure his well-being all or substantially all of the time, at least 90% of the time

Which statement describes your patient`s ability to find solutions to practical problems that are encountered on a daily basis

Which statement describes your patient`s ability to exercise judgement in daily situations

which statement describes your patient`s ability to be self-directed in planning his daily activities

last 3 questions all have similar choices as above
    Thank you!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just to let you know re timelines, I received a letter from CRA on Friday stating that my application had been delayed and I contacted my DD's psychologist today. She just got it today. I have an appointment to meet with her in the morning to review it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Jasper!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So, I have been checking my CRA account every day, several times a day. My application has been "processing" for several weeks now, since the application was received.

Just within the past hour, my account has gone from "processing" to the following:

Does anyone know what this means? My Dr. has never received any more forms to fill out.

XXXXXX (dependant 1)
    Year Status
    2012-2014 We are processing your information for the disability tax credit.
    2004-2011 You did not apply for the disability tax credit for XXXXX.
    Last edited by jgdmama; Thu, Aug 7th, 2014 at 10:53 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone know what the approximate time it takes once questionnaire has been mailed to be processed at CRA, we mail to the Sudbury office?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would call for an update on the status of your application, they may be able to tell you more?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We applied for the disability tax credit for our son back in May. For us, it took the entire 8 weeks to get a response. I called in on July 15th and they stated there was a delay and a questionnaire was being sent to the family doctor. That was received July 18th and mailed out July 22nd and then I checked my CRA account on July 30th and seen that my son was approved. So all in all it took us about 2 1/2 months from start to finish. We just need to send in letters to have the taxes reassessed!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jgdmama View Post
    So, I have been checking my CRA account every day, several times a day. My application has been "processing" for several weeks now, since the application was received.

Just within the past hour, my account has gone from "processing" to the following:

Does anyone know what this means? My Dr. has never received any more forms to fill out.

XXXXXX (dependant 1)
    Year Status
    2012-2014 We are processing your information for the disability tax credit.
    2004-2011 You did not apply for the disability tax credit for XXXXX.
    For me, when this happened on our account they sent the questionnaire to our doctor. He received it 2days later and they received it back 2 days after that as our dr did it that day. This happened and a week later it changed to say we were approved and then we reassessed our taxes online. That was 2 weeks ago. Now just waiting for them to finish that. We will also be receiving 3 yrs worth of DTB with child tax this month. They did say we need to write a letter to reassess for the other years beyond that and that is apparently a 10week wait time as of right now.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information