User Tag List

Page 155 of 239 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ent-crime.html

Days before the terrorist attack at a Christmas market Merkel said the rape and murder of an EU official's 17 year old daughter committed by a Afghan asylum seeker and the arrest of a 31-year-old Iraqi asylum seeker over sexual assaults on two Chinese students were 'terrible isolated incidents'.
    As a voter, ignore the lies and propaganda because you know them for what they are, and get a sense for what is truthful/plausible and what is not. Some politicians have a less than perfect grasp of the consequences of what they do.
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Thu, Dec 22nd, 2016 at 06:48 AM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Marion Pritchard, Dutch rescuer of Jewish children dies aged96

Marion Pritchard, a Dutch social work student who was credited with saving dozens of Jews during the Holocaust, spiriting some to safe houses, hiding others under floorboards, and, in one case, executing a Nazi before he could arrest a family of four, died Dec. 11 in Washington. She was 96.
    The cause was cerebral arteriosclerosis, according to her family.
    Mrs. Pritchard was recognized in 1981 by Yad Vashem, the Holocaust memorial in Jerusalem, as one of the “righteous among the nations” — those gentiles who, seeking no reward, risked their lives to rescue Jews from the Nazi dragnet that claimed 6 million lives during World War II.
    She was said to have fed, clothed, hidden or otherwise aided as many as 150 people, many of them children. She insisted that she could not have done her work without the assistance, overt or implied, of neighbors, friends and other members of the resistance. She observed, her son Arnold Pritchard recalled, that only rarely if ever during the Holocaust could one person single-handedly save the life of another.
    Mrs. Pritchard — then Miss van Binsbergen — was 19 when Germany invaded the Netherlands in May 1940. She credited her father, a Dutch judge who abhorred the Nazi ideology, and her mother, an Englishwoman who raised her daughter in the Anglican faith, with instilling in her a sense of justice and moral resolve.
    The “crucial moment” for her came in 1942, she said, when she was riding her bicycle to her university in Amsterdam and witnessed the liquidation of a home for Jewish children. Deportation of Jews from the Netherlands began that year and would continue into 1944. Of 107,000 Jews taken away, all but 5,200 would perish. Less than 25 percent of Dutch Jewry survived the Holocaust, according to the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum.
    “It was a beautiful spring morning, and it was a street I had known since I had been born, and all of a sudden you see little kids picked up by their pigtails or by a leg and thrown over the side of a truck,” Mrs. Pritchard said in an interview published in the volume “Voices From the Holocaust” by Harry James Cargas. “You stop but you can’t believe it.”
    She watched two women attempt to stop the soldiers, only to be put in the truck with the children. At that moment, she said, she committed herself to fighting Nazi persecution in whatever way possible.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ Since the providers will have to pay into a fund, they will be probably charging current customers a certain amount per month to subsidize it.
    I did hear a discussion on some news channel that asked people to call in and give their opinions as to whether they would be willing to pay $1.00 more a month on their own internet bill so that high speed could be made available to all. ( rural people who are without it now )
    Not too many callers said they would be willing to do it.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

PM Trudeau's Christmas Card

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Berlin attack suspect Anis Amri killed in shootout with police in Milan

Checks conducted after the shootout showed “the person killed, without a shadow of a doubt, is Anis Amri, the suspect of the terrorist attack,” Interior Minister Marco Minniti said.
    The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the Monday attack in Berlin, which killed 12 and injured 56 others.

Amri, who had spent time in prison in Italy, was stopped by two officers during a routine police check in the Sesto San Giovanni neighborhood of Milan early Friday.
    He pulled a gun from his backpack after being asked to show his identity papers and was killed in the ensuing shootout.
    One of the two officers was shot by Amri and is in the hospital, but his condition is not life-threatening, Minniti said.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3144955/be...milan-reports/

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Libya hijacked plane diverted to Malta

A stand-off is under way at Malta International Airport where a Libyan jet carrying 118 people landed after being hijacked on a domestic route.
    The Airbus A320 was flying inside Libya for Afriqiyah Airways when it was diverted.
    At least one man claiming to have a hand grenade threatened to blow up the plane, according to local reports.
    Maltese Prime Minister Joseph Muscat said that his country's security forces were standing by.
    It is unclear what the demands are being made by the hijacker. Some media say there is more than one hijacker.
    The mayor of Sebha in Libya, Colonel Hamed Al-Khayali, told the BBC there were 111 passengers on board the flight plus seven crew members.
    Mr Muscat said on Twitter that the passengers list included 82 men, 28 women and one baby.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wah!!!!! Edwin Encarnacion and his Parrot have flown the Toronto Blue Jays coop! Signed a 3 yr. deal with the Cleveland Indians.
    Natalka and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

First, i wrote my thoughts and my feelings
    Second, i change my mind and soften my writing
    Third, i décide to keep my mouth shut....

The only thing i allow myself to say is "politic (and politicians as well) deceive me so badly"......
    walkonby likes this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

A Russian military plane with 92 people on board has crashed into the Black Sea, Russia's defence ministry says.

The plane disappeared from radar two minutes after taking off from the resort of Sochi at 05:25 (02:25 GMT). Debris and one body have been found, with no reports of any survivors.
    The defence ministry said the Tu-154 was carrying soldiers, 64 members of the famed Alexandrov military music ensemble, and nine reporters.
    It was flying to Latakia in Syria.
    The flight originated in Moscow and had landed at Adler airport in Sochi for refuelling.

64 of those on board were from the Alexandrov Ensemble, including its director, Valery Khalilov. Alexandrov Ensemble is the official choir of the Russian armed forces
    There were nine journalists, eight soldiers, two civil servants and eight crew members.
    Also on board was Elizaveta Glinka, known as Dr Liza, the executive director of the Fair Aid charity and the inaugural winner of Russia's state prize for achievements in human rights.
    Mr Konashenkov said the plane was carrying passengers to a New Year's performance for Russian troops deployed in Syria.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38430164

Authorities have ruled out terrorism as possible reason for the crash, Viktor Ozerov, the chairman of the Federation Council Committee on Defense and Security, said.

"I rule out version of the terror attack completely. It is the aircraft of the Ministry of Defense, the airspace of the Russian Federation, there cannot be such a version," Ozerov said, adding that technical fault or human error could have led to the tragic accident. "The plane had to make a U-turn after take-off over the sea, may took the wrong direction," he added.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/terrorism-...111540822.html

Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Dec 25th, 2016 at 06:51 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

SK Premier
    Brad Wall

Hey Saskatchewan - here is a reminder of how much you will contribute to Canada in the coming year.

In 2017, $18 billion in equalization payments will be provided to six provinces while four provinces, including Saskatchewan, receive nothing. That's because, for the 10th year in a row, Saskatchewan is a 'have' province.

So Saskatchewan will contribute $580 million this year to equalization from our 1.16 million residents (about $500 from every man, woman and child). Over the past decade, that's more than $5 billion from our province's taxpayers while receiving $0 equalization dollars.
    Just thought you should know, you are definitely doing your part.

----------------
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

DaveP likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Cabinet shuffle to deal with the impending Trump inauguration. We have 3 new cabinet ministers with truly interesting bios, Dion is out, Mihychuk is out, and Freeland moves to international affairs.

The 3 new faces of Justin Trudeau's Liberal cabinet
    François-Philippe Champagne, Ahmed Hussen and Karina Gould to join federal cabinet
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/thre...inet-1.3928984

Chrystia Freeland takes over Foreign Affairs as Trudeau shuffles cabinet

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/libe...2017-1.3928723
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Very happy and proud (as a Ukrainian) about Freeland. Plus, she's done a darned fine job.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Very happy and proud (as a Ukrainian) about Freeland. Plus, she's done a darned fine job.
    uh oh Natalka, did you just compliment something Trudeau did?

just kidding ya.....I am all immersed right now in the most recent breaking News about Trump/Russia ....it is very juicy!!
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Oh yeah, she's a good chuk, speaks Ukranian, Russian, French and Italian. I like her a lot.

Page 155 of 239 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 ... LastLast

Thread Information