Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3587
Like Tree4019Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    So tired of Quebec being so precious...

The Quebec government filed an injunction Tuesday morning to press TransCanada Corporation to follow the province’s environmental process as it prepares for its Energy East pipeline.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loca...peline-project

Actually it's not that we don't want it but they won't provide the environmental impact studies. That in itself is kind of strange, what have they got to hide. After Lac Megantic any oil transport methods are going to fall under high scrutiny here.

By the way BC blocked it too.
    bluerose likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Doesn't matter - there is a federal regulator (NEB), not something for each province to be wanting their own assessment, it's a waste of taxpayer resources to duplicate. Provinces shouldn't be trying to interfere with federal jurisdiction. It's just playing politics.

How about Quebec starting to environmentally assess all the foreign oil which comes over on tankers to them?

Are we going to have to start showing up with brown envelopes full of cash to mollify Quebec? Or do we need briefcases?
    gryphon and DaveP like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

^ Doesn't matter - there is a federal regulator (NEB), not something for each province to be wanting their own assessment, it's a waste of taxpayer resources to duplicate. Provinces shouldn't be trying to interfere with federal jurisdiction. It's just playing politics.

How about Quebec starting to environmentally assess all the foreign oil which comes over on tankers to them?

Are we going to have to start showing up with brown envelopes full of cash to mollify Quebec? Or do we need briefcases?
    That's exactly it, hand over the cash envies and we'll be on our merry way
    bluerose likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.fraserhealth.ca/health-pr...yrian-refugees

Justin Trudeau didn’t screen Syrian migrants for infectious diseases. So they’ve now infected people across Canada.
    princessjen likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post

Justin Trudeau didn’t screen Syrian migrants for infectious diseases. So they’ve now infected people across Canada.
    Damn, an outbreak among unvaccinated refugees that didn't affect vaccinated Canadians. For shame.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post

I think they had more pressing matters on their minds than to get vaccinated. But I agree Justin should have been there at the airport, syringe in hand stabbing each one in the arm.

Besides if you are vaccinated then what's the problem .......unless you are anti-vax
    lecale and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  harper.png
Views: 110
Size:  151.5 KB

Says a lot doesn't it

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I think they had more pressing matters on their minds than to get vaccinated. But I agree Justin should have been there at the airport, syringe in hand stabbing each one in the arm.

Besides if you are vaccinated then what's the problem .......unless you are anti-vax
    Actually, most of these folks are coming from camps where health issues are addressed and vax clinics operate - but you can't force folks to be vaccinated.

As for what the problem is - you would be well aware of the issue if your immune system is compromised in some way (cancer treatment perhaps) and end up next to such an individual in a hospital waiting room (been there, done that with a friend undergoing chemo who was placed next to an individual with TB and had to spend the night in an isolation ward addressing potential issues).
    Last edited by Andit; Fri, Mar 4th, 2016 at 03:04 PM.
    princessjen and DaveP like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...deaf-1.3474541

Wynne's government is considering closing five provincial schools for students who are deaf or have severe learning disabilities.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau received thanks for his commitment to indigenous issues during an elaborate ceremony on the Tsuut'ina First Nation near Calgary Friday, where he was bestowed with a traditional headdress and an aboriginal name, Gumistiyi, which translates to "the one that keeps trying."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/trudeau-afn-tsuutina-headdress-ceremony-1.3475730

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Oh, but I burst out laughing when I read the name they gave Trudeau - "the one that keeps trying."

(Insert your own jokes here.....)

The aboriginal name given to Steven Harper was "Chief Speaker" (Blood Tribe, southern Alberta)

gryphon, JadeAngel, lecale and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ Oh, but I burst out laughing when I read the name they gave Trudeau - "the one that keeps trying."

(Insert your own jokes here.....)

The aboriginal name given to Steven Harper was "Chief Speaker" (Blood Tribe, southern Alberta)

Yeah Harper's sounds more like a leader while Justin's sounds like a backhanded compliment
    Natalka likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Can't tell you the joy it brings me to have a liberal government back in power.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nancy Reagan, wife of former President Ronald Reagan, died of congestive heart failure, her representative Joanne Drake said in a statement.

Mrs.Reagan will be buried at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California, next to her husband, Ronald Wilson Reagan, who died on June 5, 2004.

DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Damn, an outbreak among unvaccinated refugees that didn't affect vaccinated Canadians. For shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post

Hang on, both of you. I know both of you to be both intelligent and informed which makes me think you're being a wee bit disingenuous here.

Let me say firstly that I have no idea if refugees have or have not spread any infectious diseases to anyone. Also, I am most definitely not an anti-vaxxer.

Patty, the argument you used is the one anti-vaxxers use - you're vaccinated, your kids are vaccinated, so what's your problem with what we choose for ourselves? And I think you know the very valid objection to it. Vaccines are not 100% which is why we rely on herd immunity. All my kids have had their vaccines but, just say, maybe the vaccine for whooping cough didn't convey immunity to my youngest son

[I'm just making this up as an example, I don't know the efficacy rate for different vaccines, they're usually in the high 90s I think]

Anyway my youngest sons (pretend) unknown vulnerability to whooping cough may never be a problem because all his peers are also vaccinated so he's very unlikely to be exposed. The more unvaccinated people there are then the greater the likelihood they will be exposed. This is the argument normal people like both of you and myself use against those anti-vaxxers. So you shouldn't be saying unvaccinated people aren't a concern for everyone when you should know they are.

That said, I don't think not being vaccinated should be a hindrance to immigration for refugees, but they need to get those vaccines as soon as possible.
    Last edited by DaveP; Mon, Mar 7th, 2016 at 05:01 AM.
    Natalka likes this.

Page 94 of 240 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast

Thread Information