User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: hate hate hate being treated like a freaking child

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If I'd spent an hour in Value Village, I'd need more than a sucker to make me stop screaming (silently, in my soul, you understand). And I'm a lot older than two.

I can't believe anyone would call a two-year-old a ret@rded idiot for behaving like a two-year-old. He was acting his age.
    Last edited by renegado; Tue, Jun 26th, 2012 at 09:43 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

When i see a child screaming in public it always makes me smile. I always give the parents an encouraging smile & let them know it's okay & then I will try to catch the little one eye, or talk to them. They usually stop beacuse they wonder who is this person talking to me. I use to work Retail & sometimes they respond to a stranger rather than Mommy or Daddy because they can't push our buttons. One time we did have another person complain in a different language, which my sister in law understood. That was Fun because the Lady Freaked when she figured out that she was understood. I had my 1st at 19 & 2nd at 21. Yes I looked like 15, but what about years ago when people got married at that age. LOL, anyone says anything Nasty towards my 6 year old Grandson, yes, they would get an Ear Full. Kids are kids, & they will always try to push your buttons, & yes they get tired. What goes round comes round.
    krysta lynne and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

OP Stated that she hated being treated like a child and that it happens everywhere. My response was 100% based on that , nothing to do with her being a parent or her parenting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    That only works if the other people are behaving in a respectful manner as well.

I can't see any scenario that would have an adult call a child r***ed and then just because the mom handled it in a calm collected manner suddenly say " Geez I see you are a calm cool mom and respect your parenting choices and man your kid is bright, yada yada yada".
    renegado and Shwa Girl like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by firstimer1969 View Post
    Way to go OP! Do what ever you have to do to protect your family! I have four kids ages 5 to 11 and have been in many situations like you just experienced. My son who is 9 has been labelled a trouble maker by kids and parents alike because he was always getting physical with other kids at school. We later find out that he is being bullied by kids on the bus and at the school and this was the only way he knew how to defend himself. Thankfully he teachers and the school staff understand him and have helped him tremendously this year.

People have with or without kids should never judge what another parent goes through with there kids.
    im so sorry to hear your son has been bullied my daughter was going through it with this boy who kept showing his penis to her and spitting at her and hurting her. it was awful. its still being dealt with, so i can absolutely understand what you are going through
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    If I'd spent an hour in Value Village, I'd need more than a sucker to make me stop screaming (silently, in my soul, you understand). And I'm a lot older than two.

I can't believe anyone would call a two-year-old a ret@rded idiot for behaving like a two-year-old. He was acting his age.
    yup, after waiting in line for ten minutes or so he started to fuss, the lady in front of me looks at him in disgst and turns to the person beside her saying"great, now we get to listen to a kid who is clearly a f***ing re***ded idiot." obviously i stopped that right there and told her off. i was so upset.

i would never ever think something like this. nevermind say it.

sigh. i just dont understand people
    Last edited by krysta lynne; Tue, Jun 26th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    OP Stated that she hated being treated like a child and that it happens everywhere. My response was 100% based on that , nothing to do with her being a parent or her parenting skills.
    OP also doesnt need to be told to look at her parenting. you dont know me and have no idea what kind of a parent i am.

i would have said the same thing if i heard someone talking about another child like that. she was disrespectful and needed to be made to feel embarrassed about her language. and she was. she turned bright red and was made very uncomfortable from the leers around her and my words.

i hope it prevents her from ever saying something like that aloud again. it was completely unacceptable.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    OP also doesnt need to be told to look at her parenting. you dont know me and have no idea what kind of a parent i am.

i would have said the same thing if i heard someone talking about another child like that. she was disrespectful and needed to be made to feel embarrassed about her language. and she was. she turned bright red and was made very uncomfortable from the leers around her and my words.

i hope it prevents her from ever saying something like that aloud again. it was completely unacceptable.
    she deserved more than a tongue lashing for that one....I would have had a hard time not punching her in the mouth for saying something so terrible about a baby!
    I have zero patience for ignorant people like that...and I dont mind at all making a scene if I feel the situation calls for it.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I can't believe someone said that about your DS. That's beyond rude! If I was watching that, I'd be livid for you!! Totally unacceptable.

There are many bad mothers in this world, but I don't anyone can pick one out by watching one for half an hour, much less five minutes. That kid could have been challenging her all day. Add to that the stress of watching over her other children, keeping to some semblance of a schedule, doing the shopping/washing/feeding/etc. is enough to push anyone over the line at some point. No one can act like Supernanny forever.

krista lynne, I don't mean to say *you* shouldn't have said something to her. DH tells me he's never seen my angry temper monster in over six years, but that lady probably would have if that were my kid!! Completely uncalled for! As it is, I don't know if I would have held my tongue with her if I saw that happen to a stranger.

Children cry and misbehave, that's a given. I try to tune them out completely if there's a problem being dealt with. If I was the mum, I'd think glances from strangers might be taken to mean "why can't you control your kid" or "make your kid stop". I don't want mum/dad to feel pressure from me to appease the child and prefer they do what they think is best. After all, they need to take that behaviour home. I'm not going out of the house to find inner peace at Walmart and I don't expect parents to provide me with a pleasant shopping experience.

It seriously takes a village… If the child is upset or distracting mum/dad while they're trying to check their purchases in line, I try waving/smiling/playing peek-a-boo. It usually works and mum can find her wallet or the child stops grabbing everything in sight. If people aren't willing to help, they shouldn't say anything.

Hello_kitty, how did she know you weren't going to buy that ball??!! Definitely not good customer service.

You guys have me in a feisty mood today! That may or may not be a good thing as I was planning to call in a complaint.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

my daughter is 10 months old and when shopping she either gets excited and squeals, especially if there is ceiling fans or she will be bored and cranky. I do get nasty stares and eye rolls but come on she is a baby. I have even been called a bad parent when my daughter was just three weeks old and started to cry a bit in her sleep while in line. Not sure how you held it together krysta lynne if that were me I think I would have told her to call the police, she would need them when I was done.
    krysta lynne and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm all for standing up for yourself BUT is cursing necessary? Not only does it make YOU look trashy and childish but what kind of role model are you setting for your son?
    queenkathy and erin9mmm like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Shopping + kids = Advils

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

sometimes the situation calls for cursing. I would have done the same

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
    I'm all for standing up for yourself BUT is cursing necessary? Not only does it make YOU look trashy and childish but what kind of role model are you setting for your son?
    When your child is being attacked, the last thing on your mind is caring about how you look - your initial reaction is to protect your child.

I think the OP was being a perfect role model - she was showing her son how to stand up to bullies.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
    it was absolutely necessary. swearing doesnt make people look trashy, thanks though. i am probably as far from trashy as you can get, so take that opinion elsewhere. have a nice day
    GoJays, salady, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    my daughter is 10 months old and when shopping she either gets excited and squeals, especially if there is ceiling fans or she will be bored and cranky. I do get nasty stares and eye rolls but come on she is a baby. I have even been called a bad parent when my daughter was just three weeks old and started to cry a bit in her sleep while in line. Not sure how you held it together krysta lynne if that were me I think I would have told her to call the police, she would need them when I was done.
    it took all the discipline i could muster not to actually freak out. trust me.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information