User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Welcome Group 4! Wow -- I'm so happy that so many of you are interested in participating.

Some of you may have taken a peek at Group 1, 2 and 3. They're only a few days ahead of you.

It's very clear that learning as group is terrific. It's fun to share your enthusiasm. And to empathize about the reactions of some of the people we know and love but think we've gone off the rails a wee bit.

Some members have sent other members gifts of coupons they can't use. Others have posted useful information as they carry out activities. And it's nice to know others are just like year - be hesitant to try use coupons.

Group 4 is super special -- you are the first group to have a name -- the DEAL DAZZLERS.

A super Smart Canucks has agreed to co-facilitate and provide her expertise/insight and couponing stories. Her SC (Smart Canucks) name is crazycoupongirl and I'll let her introduce herself.

Our Fabulous Group Members are:

We are all on the learning curve together so please contribute what you've found where you are - things are different regionally, from city to city, and even from store to store.

Here's what I will do for the group:

-I'll facilitate
    -I'll post up show and tell photos, pictures, answers to questions, videos, slidecasts etc.
    -I'll send out a coupon train assuming I have coupons left after the first 3 groups (no boarding pass for conductor) -- to be explained when we talk about trains

Here's what I hope you'll do:

1. Please participate and share your ideas, opinions, and questions. The idea is that we'll all learn together and hopefully make some coupon buddies along the way.

2. Do the activities. From time to time, I'll post a question or an activity (let's make your first wish list, all related to Smart Canucks and take just a couple of minutes) etc. I'd like everyone to try to answer and share. I know that our families, friends and self care time comes first, so fit it in when you're able, but please fit it in.

3. Have fun. Feel free to discuss more than couponing. We'd do that if we could meet face to face.

4. Give your facilitators lots of feedback and suggestions. Please.

Okay - let's dive in.

FAQs

1. Can visitors (non-group members) post in this thread?
    Answer is in this post.

2. Is this group full? Yes, keeping them small.

3. When would the next group start?
    Last group was Fall 2011. Not planning to do anymore.

4. How do I sign up for a new group?
    Just PM Giving-Small.
    This thread is currently associated with: 123inkcartridges.ca
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Thu, Jan 26th, 2012 at 01:25 AM.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Trains

Crazycoupongirl is tracking the progress here. Hurray!
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Mon, Apr 4th, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

2nd spot held for future

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

I have posted a slidecast (slideshow with audio) that show you my coupon "binder", coupon stash, stockpile and some tips on stockpiling just to get started.

You can jump ahead to the particular slides that are of interest and the sound track will skip along accordingly.

I know this group is diverse - some of you are just starting at square one and few of you have lots of experience so please share your ideas, questions, and experiences.

Start the slideshow. (16 min)

Your Activities

• Create a post and introduce yourself a bit (ie. from Kamloops, mom with 2 kids ...)

• Tell us how you found out about couponing.

• Share your thoughts on the tour and whether you think you'll stockpile a little or a lot.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

very informative video, thank-you. I joined SC because I had stumbled across the forum when I was looking for freebies. I trolled(not the bad kind) for about a year and when I moved to ON I decided to join. I've only just recently started using coupons on a regular basis and I really want to learn how to use coupons for max effect.
    Question I've been wondering about- are you brand loyal or if you have a product of a particular brand that you don't use, will you buy the product. Also, what about no name products? if they are cheaper than brand names w/coupon what is the smarter buy?
    Last edited by caroman; Wed, Mar 2nd, 2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: misleading words correted
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Hi all!
    My name is Nadine, I'm from Port Alberni on Vancouver Island I have been using coupons for awhile but jus started trying to use them in conjunction with sales and am very eager to amp up my usage! I'm a mom of 2 small kids, and I am just finishing up my last month of maternity. I saw the show Extreme Couponing and that is when I really decided that if it is possible I should be saving money too. And here I am.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Welcome caroman and bc_chik.

bc-chik - alot of people watched the extreme couponing show. The US has such good deals.

caroman - Great question and we all could give our story.

I have some things that I care about brand so I'm loyal. But there are other things that it's not a big deal to me so I go for the deal like kleenex.

Often times the coupons for the "newest" products to get you to try them.

Before coupons, I didn't try many products ever. But I've discovered some great things because I decide for a $1 plus a coupon, why not try it.

I was never a big shopper at Superstore chains where a lot of no name products are sold. I do buy "store brands" sometimes at Safeway and Shoppers. If I like it, and it's a better deal than a brand with coupons off, I'll take the store brand.

Quote Originally Posted by caroman View Post
    very informative video, thank-you. I joined SC because I had stumbled across the forum when I was looking for freebies. I trolled for about a year and when I moved to ON I decided to join. I've only just recently started using coupons on a regular basis and I really want to learn how to use coupons for max effect.
    Question I've been wondering about- are you brand loyal or if you have a product of a particular brand that you don't use, will you buy the product. Also, what about no name products? if they are cheaper than brand names w/coupon what is the smarter buy?
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Sat, Feb 19th, 2011 at 11:28 PM.

Trading Score
    249 (100%)

Just watched your video and you have some great tips! I've always used coupons but not to the extent that I do now. I've really become serious about couponing in the last 2 years (around the time I joined SC). I work full time as Legal Secretary and I am a mom to 2 wonderful daughters who, this year, will be 4 and 8. I do stockpile TP, paper towels, shampoo/conditioner, shaving cream, body wash, razors, laundry soap etc. I stockpile food items so that we have about a 6 month supply. I have found that since I've incorporated coupons into our everyday life, that it is easier financially for us. My DH works in a factory and since the economic downfall hit his job isn't as secure as we would like it to be. Having a stockpile in our situation has helped us better to be able to save money for when DH is laid off. Couponing is a huge part of my life now and I'm ever so greatful for SC as well.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi
    My name is Judy and I live in a small town in southern Ontario.
    I am a senior empty-nester, we have been married for 45 years and have 5 kids and 6 grand kids.

I have always dabbled with coupons, but after reading some of the amazing brags and the realizing how much money can be saved, I decided it was time to get serious.
    So my New Year resolution was to join SC which I did in January ..... finally ..... a resolution I kept!!!

I have a question about that accordion folder that you have.
    How do you keep track of which coupons are in the flyers?
    Do you have a spread sheet, or do you rely on your memory?

I do stockpile. For things like laundry detergent that have a long shelf life I have quite a stash. But for things that come on sale regularly or have a short expiry date I just keep a couple of months supply.

I am really looking forward to getting to know members of Deal Dazzlers better and to learning all the tips and tricks of coupons so that ONE day I can have a brag like some of those I have read.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Thank-you so much for your kindness! Hi my name is Kerrylynn and I come from Shawville quebec but do most of my shopping in Renfrew Ont. I have three children and I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia 18 months ago so the 20% pay cut hurt, that is when I decided to browse coupons. Couponing saves us money and gives me a hobby that I can actually do and enjoy doing it. I am eager to learn all about it and I hope to make good friends as well.....ty

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Welcome kerrylynn and Clippy and burkeyswife.

I have a question about that accordion folder that you have.
    How do you keep track of which coupons are in the flyers?
    Do you have a spread sheet, or do you rely on your memory?
    Great question. When I first started I created an enormous tradelist and listed where each coupon came from SmartSource jan5 so I'd know.

This was an enormous amount of work and most coupons in inserts aren't wanted for trade. How many bottles of Lakota do you want in a year?

So then I relied on finding the threads where people posted what's in what flyer in the Coupons area.

So at the moment I rely on my memory plus my current tradelist has some things from inserts or flyers included and I list the coupon source in my tradelist -- cereal box, insert, mfc (manufacturer), save.ca etc.
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Sun, Feb 20th, 2011 at 11:01 AM.

Trading Score
    252 (100%)

Hello, Everyone ... Welcome.. I look forwarding to doing my best to help all of you out in whatever way I can.. I apologize for the delay I wasn't online until this afternoon. . .

I started using smart canucks in july 2009 and it was life changing for me. I never used coupons the way I do now, and I have saved $$1000's with the information, help advise, and kindness from members on this site. I was able to host several trains ( which you'll learn about ) and donate alot of items to my local nursing home, and to families I adopted in cuba. I was also able to cut back my living expenses and pay off debts.. I hope I can assist many of you in any way possible to help you also .. save huge

I'm actually a single 30 year old lady, i have my own house and struggles of affording this and caring for a boyfriend that just ate me out of house and home is what led to be joining this site, i was checking for deals i believe online.. I am no longer with the boyfriend as it was years ago when i did join here, but i still continue to save $ on anything really i can donate, and mostely items for the nursing home, i find i don't eat alot of use alot of items so most of the coupons i get i give away and or train or trade off..

i do have a dog who's my company.. and i hope to be able to help others save $
    Last edited by crazycoupongirl; Sun, Feb 20th, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

Trading Score
    252 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrylynn View Post
    Thank-you so much for your kindness! Hi my name is Kerrylynn and I come from Shawville quebec but do most of my shopping in Renfrew Ont. I have three children and I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia 18 months ago so the 20% pay cut hurt, that is when I decided to browse coupons. Couponing saves us money and gives me a hobby that I can actually do and enjoy doing it. I am eager to learn all about it and I hope to make good friends as well.....ty
    Hi, Its sad to hear you suffer from fibromyalgia, my aunt also has this condition, and several years ago was on vacation in the united states, and found a great product a natural absorable magneisum drink, that she had never heard of before, she started to take this regularly and now is the distributer for it in canada, she has brought the product here and it sells in all health food stores and its been named in magazines etc as a very good natural product to help with alot of things, and one being fibromyalgia

i can send u a sample if you'd like a few actually .. just never know if u hit on something that works.

I hope you'll take part in a train .. which i could also run for all the members in this group.. maybe u can find some useful coupons

if u have any questions i'm here to help
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Hi everyone!! I've been hanging around SC for a few years now, but have only recently, in the past year or so, really got into coupons. I first started on the site for the freebies, and the obsession started from there!

I'm not particularly brand loyal. I have a few favorites that I don't stray from, but I'm more about the deal high!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Today I was shopping @ No Frills and when I was handing the cashier my coupons she told me I was only able to use 10$ in coupons, that is the limit. I gave half my coupons to my bf to pass through for me and I passed the rest myself. Is this true about a 10$ coupon limit @ No Frills?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information