User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: What Should Be Considered HV or Rare Coupons

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

NED- means NO EXPIRY DATE. Trading coupons is different to everyone, so everyone will have a different opinion on what's HV, Rare, etc, etc. and everyone will put different values on their trades. So we are lucky that there are so many people to trade with here on this site and we can pick and choose who we trade with that fits our own trading practices. Thanks to everyone for all the great trades so far!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I would like everyone to know that it says just before my examples IMO, which means In My Opinion. This is my opinion, and my opinion only, and the guideline that I go by when making a trade. Everyone has their own ideas of what a coupon is worth depending on what they want or need. Thus I have asked others to join in and comment.

I don't want any argueing or someone causing a "fight" as stated in a post. We are all entitled to our opinions. Please feel free to add yours.

I simply was hoping that people that are new to couponing may find some help in this thread. That is all! If people are offended, please pm me and we can discuss it.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Just my two cents, but isn't in a matter of perception? I've seen coupons on traders list marked as HV that I wouldn't look twice at, yet at the same time they have some great coupons on their regular trading list that I would love! It's utilitarianism at it's best.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I love reading posts like this 'cause the more info. the better it is for other especially like me I never know how to put a value on any coupons or FPC's the ones I think is HV seems like it's not ones I think HD seems like it's not either to others so I guess like some of you said here it depends on the individual. But thread like this with everyones opinion/view helps out others like me. Some of my trades sometimes I feel the offer made to me is not fair to me but then I can't say no and I seriously don't know the actual value of some coupons. So I just go with the trade atleast the other party will benefit from it so it's worth it Few times when I did speak out other party's reply was very defensive so now when I'm not sure of a coupon's value & trading with someone who offered something that I think is not fair to me I still say yes to the trade lol I follow fallenfixels thread as I thought it's fair but for other traders it's not so again like few said on this thread it depends on the individual. It is true though that trades sometimes becomes really stressful because of this yet still can't stop as it's a need (need 'cause some coupons I can't get at my city can be found from others from other parts of provinces so trade is a g8 way to get that) and fun LOL

*** Problem resolved ***
    Last edited by angeleyez85y7ca; Thu, Jul 19th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchthatdollar! View Post
    I think this thread is just going to start a fight...trying to make a rule that is pleasing to everybody doesn't work as well in practice as in theory because people all have different circumstances and value different things.
    I agree completely with Bronwen...that You CANNOT assume the value of something to someone else, what you can do ( and SHOULD my opinion) is just trade what you are willing to part with for somethng you want more or could use more at that time!
    I get that there are guidelines so people don't get taken advantage of but in reality you can do anything you want and if you both agree who cares!
    i have been purposely challenging these guidelines lately...
    I feel better knowing I got somthing I need and got rid of something I don't...some people on here are taking it to an extreme and making trading so stressful!
    I totally agree. Prices in the major centers are NOT the same as in other parts of the country. A FPCs in a small community can be worth the max value and. $2 Resolve or Irish Spring coupon does not get Free product.

Stretchthatdollar....I hope you don't mind the editing. I wanted your pearls of wisdom to shine.

You said it very well.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

No prob bob... My iPhon stinks at typing( as I wrote that I had to re-write 'stinks' 5 times as some of the words turned into ' Atkins' and 'sinks') I need all the help I can get
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyez85y7ca View Post
    I love reading posts like this 'cause the more info. the better it is for other especially like me I never know how to put a value on any coupons or FPC's the ones I think is HV seems like it's not ones I think HD seems like it's not either to others so I guess like some of you said here it depends on the individual. But thread like this with everyones opinion/view helps out others like me. Some of my trades sometimes I feel the offer made to me is not fair to me but then I can't say no and I seriously don't know the actual value of some coupons. So I just go with the trade atleast the other party will benefit from it so it's worth it Few times when I did speak out other party's reply was very defensive so now when I'm not sure of a coupon's value & trading with someone who offered something that I think is not fair to me I still say yes to the trade lol I follow fallenfixels thread as I thought it's fair but for other traders it's not so again like few said on this thread it depends on the individual. It is true though that trades sometimes becomes really stressful because of this yet still can't stop as it's a need (need 'cause some coupons I can't get at my city can be found from others from other parts of provinces so trade is a g8 way to get that) and fun LOL

*** Question, I did a trade with someone almost 2 months ago it was a HUGE trade more than $700 I still haven't received what I'm supposed to from other party and I PM'd but no reply. I've been waiting patiently and I don't know what to do. I feel bad as I really liked the trader did few trades too so didn't think I would be taken advantage of like this ***
    Please contact Sally888 regarding this immediately, she will be able to help you.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

This is a great thread. You will notice I have made 2 (woo hoo) official trades, (I have actually made 3 but someone never rated me). First off, I love that people have wishlists. We all have to prioritize in our lives and a beautiful updated full trade list and wish list will not be something I have at this time in my life. If it weren't for people's wishlists those trades wouldn't have been possible. They empowered me to see what ppl wanted and were willing to part with. Threads like this are important for me so when I make an offer (without beautiful updated full lists of my own) I am not out in left field. Thanks for the education upgrade everyone.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

I trade max value for fpc's for the basic fact that i live in a tiny town, 800 ppl with a local co-op and I dont have access to other places frequently like walmart, where everything is half the price. I also do trade my fpc's for other coupons that I am rrlf. I think there is always going to be confusion in the matter no matter what people say and do..
    **Edit - thinking about max values a good example for me is the fpc coolision yogurt max value of $2.99 here it sells for over $4 an sale for $3.79, I would still trade someone else a fpc for this or vise versa, but this is why I trade the way I do. I also thing HV is in the eye of the trader. I have approched others that have had what I felt was HV in there regular trades and offered them more $$ from myself for them**
    Last edited by cherielake; Fri, Jul 13th, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherielake View Post
    I trade max value for fpc's for the basic fact that i live in a tiny town, 800 ppl with a local co-op and I dont have access to other places frequently like walmart, where everything is half the price. I also do trade my fpc's for other coupons that I am rrlf. I think there is always going to be confusion in the matter no matter what people say and do..
    **Edit - thinking about max values a good example for me is the fpc coolision yogurt max value of $2.99 here it sells for over $4 an sale for $3.79, I would still trade someone else a fpc for this or vise versa, but this is why I trade the way I do. I also thing HV is in the eye of the trader. I have approched others that have had what I felt was HV in there regular trades and offered them more $$ from myself for them**
    Oh, I quite agree, that everyone has a different view of what things should be worth, thats what makes us all individuals. And, of coarse, depending where you live and your access to coupons and shops, thus it states quite clearly, this is just my opinion. Also, thats why I invited others to add their opinion of what they feel coupons are worth to them.

That way, people new to trading can read through the post and gather an idea of what people think, then formulate their own opinion of what their coupons and FPC's are worth. This was started, purely to share ideas of what we think coupons are worth to us.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Sat, Jul 14th, 2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I can honestley say I will give up FPC's for reg coupons if I can't find it but on apx double the value amount. I have a REALLY hard time finding coupons so anything to help out is awesome

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I think it all depends on the trader and what they value their coupons at

I myself have no issues trading away any FPC, HV or rare coupon for something I REALLY WANT, it may not be $ for $ but if each trader is happy with what they are trading and getting in return values shouldn't matter

For those people that ask for ridiculous values for their coupons that they got for FREE I just choose to NOT trade with them
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Sat, Jul 14th, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Sounds only logical! Good post.

Trading Score
    133 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    ...For those people that ask for ridiculous values for their coupons that they got for FREE I just choose to NOT trade with them

I agree! Just move on!

After all (& quite simply) a coupon is in no way 'legal tender' nor is it gold; its JUST A PIECE OF PAPER (& a 'worthless' piece paper at that, according to the text on some coupons) until it is actually redeemed at a retailer... At which time the ACTUAL value is determined.

If a traders list seems to place too much importance/value on coupons, or their demands or expectations seem more than I'm willing to work with, I do just move on, because my thinking is if the list is too demanding for my tastes, the trader may very well be to.

Thats the beauty of having so many people to trade with here on SC - we can always move on and find someone we'd prefer to trade with.
    RRLF: I have no idea! I've been outta the loop far to long! I still have a Wish List
    Make yourself happy, so those around you are free to be happy.
    Look under "About Me" for my Trade List & Wish List

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I agree 100 % with most of these opinions. I have no problem trading a FPC that I won't use for something I will. Like many said the max value of a FPC is rarely entered in the cash as that due to the simple fact that we never buy anything at full price. I usually state what I am interested in and offer what I have from their wishlist I expecte that they will want more ie stamps or less and on occasion trader have told me my offer wouldn't be fair and that they would send extra of some of my requested coupons,even better. Never feel bad bad to turn down a trade or ask for more, the other party always has the option to say no thank you.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information