User Tag List

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sometimes I do sell things that are brand new. And I price it 50% off. And people still want it for 90% off. And are rude about it. What city do you live in? I wonder if it's Toronto jerks
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    I have had both positive and negative experiences with Jiji. I am both a buyer and seller as well. I seem to luck out with my buyers, as what I have posted for stuff, it is usually what I get. I do offer decent deals, however. I realize what I am selling is not brand new, so I don't ask ridiculous prices.

What picks me, however, is when someone has priced their stuff sky high and THEY KNOW IT! I mean I have seen that too many times and when you go to deal with them, it is insulting to them!?!?
    dededi, Davetherave and beachdown like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I hate sellers, who have very little description of the items for sale. Literally like 3-4 words. Also they have like 1 lousy photo of the item, taken from far off.

when you email them asking for details etc, there response is also equally terse and scant, and you know very little even now.

I asked a buyer for his address and phone number , dimensions of the item and what time I can pick it up ?

His response is " 5 pm, OK ? "

Pretty much none of my questions answered, and he expects me to pick it up ?? No idea where and how I am supposed to pick it up.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

^^^Can totally relate. More info about today's shenanigans...

I had..."sorry we ARE going on vacation so this wkd won't work" sent in a PM.

I responded with a thumbs up pic. (I gave her several times I was available and she did not select a time suitable to her...so I asked about this wkd).

She then responds with "NOOOOO! We are going away. Don't come."

She hasn't given me her address yet. KIJIDIOT.
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Sep 10th, 2015 at 10:58 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have the opposite seller contacts me wants to pick up okay anytime after 4:30 as I am at work or any other day I can do a porch pick up just need to know before I leave for the day.

Buyer: Okay I will be there around 2 please leave on the porch

Me: As I said I am at work and won't be home until after 4:30

Buyer: I would really prefer to pick up at 2, can you make this happen?

Me: As I said No I cannot, I am at work till 4 so I will not be home until 4:30

Buyer: Can you run home and leave it on the porch for me?

Me: No I cannot I am at work until 4, the earliest I can do is 4:30 today or another day

Buyer: Really is there not a neighbour or friend who could run to your house and put out for me, I really want to come at 2 today.

Me: I am sorry as I have mentioned many times I am at work until 4, your options are after 4:30 today or any other day as long as I know in advance

Buyer: FINE I will come by around 8 but really 2 would work so much better for me

Me: I can do 8 but as mentioned before I cannot do 2

Buyer: I do not like it but will come at 8

Me: I will have it out for you or as mentioned any other day I can do as well

Buyer: You know what this is not what I expected it to be or what I want, I will pass unless you have something closer to what I am looking for

Me: (In my head) HUH I did not offer the item to you, you saw it and messaged me, I do not even know what you are looking for so how do I know if I have something closer to what you want?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

What about the people (this is more geared towards facebook used clothing groups) that have clothes posted, still with the tag attached and are asking the same price as on the tag, or only 5-10% less because "brand new, never worn, bought but don't like it or doesn't fit".

THEN TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE!

It makes me wonder how much of it has been shoplifted when they make excuses "oh I don't have the receipt anymore" and things like that, most stores will take back items without a receipt for store credit. >.<
    SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't get people who sell stuff and take just 1 blurred far away photo from their 1990's flip phone ! have 2-3 clear photos atleast of the item from a couple of angles.

The worst are the people who will have a stock image or some image from the website in their ad. They will have an Ipad (used) for sale, instead of an actual photo of their used Ipad, they have a photo of the Ipad from Best Buy or Apple website in their Ad !

I know what an Ipad looks like, I want to see how your Ipad which you have for sale looks ! Not something from the web . Most of them are probably scammers, who don't even have anything for sale !!
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sat, Sep 12th, 2015 at 09:37 AM.
    torontogal12 and dededi like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Simply...you do NOT reply to such emails if you don't intend to drop price. In your ad, be clear about item location, how to contact you, measurements. Oh, never meet someone at your home for the exchange. I usually meet people outside a local SDM or Timmies, and park away from the door

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Sometimes I do sell things that are brand new. And I price it 50% off. And people still want it for 90% off. And are rude about it. What city do you live in? I wonder if it's Toronto jerks
    @tjthemanto ...I hear you on that one. It's just pure laziness on the part of those people, and if they can't be arsed to do their due diligence, I simply just move on.
    Last edited by beachdown; Sat, Sep 12th, 2015 at 09:44 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yup I don't bother to reply to time wasters. I am clear about measurements every time and still get stupids who ask about measurements. I post as much info as I can to avoid any sort of stupid questions. Still get them anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Simply...you do NOT reply to such emails if you don't intend to drop price. In your ad, be clear about item location, how to contact you, measurements. Oh, never meet someone at your home for the exchange. I usually meet people outside a local SDM or Timmies, and park away from the door

@tjthemanto...I hear you on that one. It's just pure laziness on the part of those people, and if they can't be arsed to do their due diligence, I simply just move on.
    dededi likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I post items that still have the tag on them. They're things that were lost in the back of the closet and don't fit anymore (my weight changes a lot). Can't take them back to the store because it's been too long. Not shoplifted.
    Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    What about the people (this is more geared towards facebook used clothing groups) that have clothes posted, still with the tag attached and are asking the same price as on the tag, or only 5-10% less because "brand new, never worn, bought but don't like it or doesn't fit".

THEN TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE!

It makes me wonder how much of it has been shoplifted when they make excuses "oh I don't have the receipt anymore" and things like that, most stores will take back items without a receipt for store credit. >.<
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Three no shows yesterday. Only one sent a message.
    vw_girl and dededi like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Time wasters and scammers

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Three no shows yesterday. Only one sent a message.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Time wasters and scammers
    This is why I do porch pick-ups now. I am in the country and people sometimes don't realize they don't want to drive out my way. My items are well-priced, good condition and worth the drive. I have a good rep in the FB group, I just move on to the next in line. Fortunately, little of my time wasted doing it this way. I don't give my address until a day and time is sent (although general location is listed in ad).
    torontogal12, vw_girl and dededi like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ I hear ya...still risky having strangers show at your door step. If you have a Timmies etc close by you, best to just drive it there once you have firm confirmation of meeting. Trust nobody, even that little ol grand pa/ma, young teen or whatever.
    Last edited by beachdown; Sat, Sep 12th, 2015 at 11:50 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

ooh yes! I was selling a beautiful Mexx dress with tags still attached (bought it because I thought I would fit into it...yep, this never works out lol). I priced it way lower than what I paid for it -- like 80% less and someone came by and offered 3$ for it...really?!?! Could you be any more insulting..
    torontogal12 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I post items that still have the tag on them. They're things that were lost in the back of the closet and don't fit anymore (my weight changes a lot). Can't take them back to the store because it's been too long. Not shoplifted.
    as a parent i often try to buy things multiple sizes too big for her to grow into (buying at the end of the season for the following year) and sometimes by the time she grows into it its not good for the season, or it got lost in the back of the closet, or it just didn't fit her body type (i have brand new wrangler jeans that are a slim fit.. and are too slim fitted for her-and she's a fairly narrow child) so i'll sell those "NWT" i know many parents who do the same... my kid also has monster feet! and the amount of shoes given to her that are too small (from auntie or gramma) is amazing even though i tell them to buy larger buy larger
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information