User Tag List

Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    ^ I hear ya...still risky having strangers show at your door step. If you have a Timmies etc close by you, best to just drive it there once you have firm confirmation of meeting. Trust nobody, even that little ol grand pa/ma, young teen or whatever.
    That is such a good idea, but there's too many noshows that happen. It's an even bigger waste of time to sit in the tims parking lot for someone that isn't going to come or even text you that they changed their mind.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    That is such a good idea, but there's too many noshows that happen. It's an even bigger waste of time to sit in the tims parking lot for someone that isn't going to come or even text you that they changed their mind.
    The best thing is to tell them message me when you are actually there or 5-10 mins away .

Then
    start from your house , keep the Tim's 5-10 mins from your house. If they want it, they will wait 5-10 mins for you to arrive.
    Luckily I have 2 Tim's , both 10 mins from my house , 1 is North & 1 is South West

Too many time wasters & idiots on that site, its about time, they get the message

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Exactly....the Timmies or SDM that I pick, are close to my house, and I do indeed ask them to let me know when they are leaving. If they are a no show after 5 - 10mins once you are there, take that as a waste of time. Last thing you want is someone knowing your address, and not showing up on that day

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    The best thing is to tell them message me when you are actually there or 5-10 mins away .

Then
    start from your house , keep the Tim's 5-10 mins from your house. If they want it, they will wait 5-10 mins for you to arrive.
    Luckily I have 2 Tim's , both 10 mins from my house , 1 is North & 1 is South West

Too many time wasters & idiots on that site, its about time, they get the message
    Last edited by beachdown; Mon, Sep 14th, 2015 at 07:24 AM.
    macw1960 and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    Especially when you have to lug three children under 4 with you. 😁 I sell in a mom to mom FB site. My in laws live across the road, we are on a major rural highway. We all chose our risks...porch pick ups mean I don t have to open the door to strangers or waste my time at a Timmies...closet one is 10 min away.
    macw1960, vw_girl and dededi like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I also think if people want to do harm, they will. People can find out whatever info they want, whether you give them your address or they find it out. I choose not to live in fear. Not saying anyone else here does, but we all choose what works for us and allows us to sleep at night.
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I thought about meeting people at Tim's until I had 4 pick ups in one day all at different times (no one could meet at the same time) and most gave me a window of about 1/2 an hour because they were coming from various events in town. No way was I spending that much time on my Saturday off at Tim's. Not to mention the no shows, they are through the roof lately for me personally.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    ooh yes! I was selling a beautiful Mexx dress with tags still attached (bought it because I thought I would fit into it...yep, this never works out lol). I priced it way lower than what I paid for it -- like 80% less and someone came by and offered 3$ for it...really?!?! Could you be any more insulting..
    Insulting and ridiculous. Do they really think people will take time out of their day to meet with someone who may/may not show up for $3?
    thriftygranny, d.ot and dededi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Did you guys see the new Tradyo app? It is a competitor to Kijiji that has instant messaging in it so you can tell right away if people are losers.

If you post something on the app right now you get $3 cashback from the save.ca app too.

I posted, but I just checked and there's some weird stuff on there

$2 Deodorant. $1 Glade spray. $7 Intuition razors. Proceeds of couponing for sure. Honestly who thinks someone will arrange time to buy your personal care items you can buy in the store for less? I would NEVER buy toiletries from some rando
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Sep 13th, 2015 at 11:38 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have sold many personal care items, after developing allergic skin there were a number of items from my stockpile I will not willing to risk using, Shampoo, Conditioner, Creams, face washes. All were sold for less then you would pay in the store with no issue.
    torontogal12 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have sold many personal care items, after developing allergic skin there were a number of items from my stockpile I will not willing to risk using, Shampoo, Conditioner, Creams, face washes. All were sold for less then you would pay in the store with no issue.
    This person is selling a deodorant for $2 that you can get at the store for $1.50.
    SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Don't worry Sassy we all know you aren't some rando but tg12 is right weirdos galore...

Both my no shows were double no shows...moving on. Screw me once shame on you...screw me twice shame on me...wont be a third time.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I also think if people want to do harm, they will. People can find out whatever info they want, whether you give them your address or they find it out. I choose not to live in fear. Not saying anyone else here does, but we all choose what works for us and allows us to sleep at night.
    Thank you! I was trying to figure out what I wanted to say - this is it. I don't live by a trust no one even g'ma etc. I don't think it is in my make up to live or treat people that way. If one day something terrible happens I may adjust my way of thinking....but to trust no one without cause is just not the way I want to live.

I am in a condo so can't do porch picks but I would if I could. My arrangement is usually to have them let me know when they are out front and I will run it down to them. Other times if they are between work and home and i will do a porch drop off. I've only be kept waiting once and it was a seller not a buyer. She kept in contact with me the whole time as she was stuck in traffic on her way home from work. I knew what was going on, so could relax and just did some dollar store browsing while I waited.

Lucky to have not had any no shows in the sense of, committed to a time and never showed.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Kijiji allows I think 25 ads per person per day ! Too many professional sellers/businesses or stores pretending to be regular sellers, Clogging up their sites with the same ads day in and day out !

Maybe 25 ads per week ( with IP addy checking ) should be the norm/limit to keep the clutter down. Also maybe the ads should auto expire after 2 weeks or so. These days I am just seeing lot of quantity & not much quality.

So your ad is already on the 4th-5th page within mins, due to these professional stores/businesses ! also if you are buying, its hard to search so many ads and find out what you need.
    dededi likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I do porch pick ups and haven't been stiffed yet. And no one has come back to rob me either. I think that is helps that I have a killer dog (Cockapoo lol)
    torontogal12 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I should add that I sell on FB Mom swaps. Yes-Kijiji has too many business ads. Real estate agents posting houses on it everyday.
    dededi likes this.

Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information