User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: I can resist the urge to complain until I find a BUG

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The bug/fly could of got in after the box was open...but, go complain. And if you've complained a lot to them, use someone else's address for a freebie coupon.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

As gross as that is, the government allows for so many bugs, bug parts etc in food. But complain like crazy anyways!
    walkonby and ssbean like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
    I want to throw up just thinking about this! It probably crawled all over the crackers. OMG What if it laid eggs & I ate them

LMFAO... im sorry i actually laughed out loud when I read that!
    like the previous posters said the acid in ur stomach would have long killed the ''eggs'' hahahaha

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I know but it's still a gross thought.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Eww. Why would you eat stale crackers in the first place? If they were stale when you opened it I would have examined the bag right then and there. Not when it was empty. I would have taken it back to the store you bought it from and tell them they are stale and get a new one.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I agree with CrazyQT. I'd never eat a product that was stale when I first opened it and especially one that was not sealed.

I might take a chance if I knew it was fresh when I bought it and it went past the due date but it better be fresh and sealed when I bought it.
    Even if it wasn't tampered with, someone may have put their grubby hand in there to test it out or something and who know where their hands have been. Yuck!
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Does each human eat one pound of insects a year without knowing it?

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_each_...out_knowing_it

I guess its more common then you think.....
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    LMFAO... im sorry i actually laughed out loud when I read that!
    like the previous posters said the acid in ur stomach would have long killed the ''eggs'' hahahaha
    stomach acid doesn't kill everything, a few years back the wife got ill big time. Doctor told her she was lucky to have come in when she did. She ingested a perasite that wasn't washed off lettuce. She had the runs and was puking up blood. Doctor said the perasite almost bite through the stomach lining, and should that have happened the end results could have been fatal.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Wed, Jul 18th, 2012 at 07:05 PM.
    ssbean likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Sorry to hear about the Parasite issue, scary stuff, but there is a huge difference between a weevil in your crackers and picking up a parasite from contaminated food, I believe this is referred to as food poisoning. Hope she had a quick recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    stomach acid doesn't kill everything, a few years back the wife got ill big time. Doctor told her she was lucky to have come in when she did. She ingested a perasite that wasn't washed off lettuce. She had the runs and was puking up blood. Doctor said the perasite almost bite through the stomach lining, and should that have happened the end results could have been fatal.

Trading Score
    150 (100%)

yuck, what is it? a fly? i can't tell. I wouldn't have eaten them if they were stale. I coud tell you a story about kelloggs pop tarts but it's too gross to type out here.
    ssbean likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

once, when I was eleven, I grabbed a bag of cookies that were sitting on a shelf forever.........

they were stale, but I was hungry.....so I ate a few quickly, without paying attention, with my nose in a book,.........and looked down at one point only to discover..... they were full of bugs.

I was disgusted, ran & rinsed my mouth & brushed my teeth.........but it wasn't the end of the world.

I have in recent years opened a box of mac & cheese, poured it into a pot of boiling water, only to see a few dead dehydrated little bugs floating on top..........so I poured the pasta through a strainer, rinsed it a few times, and cooked it up.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

So Sorry to hear about your bug issue. I hope this makes you feel better.

I worked at Heinz as a sales rep a few moons ago. With any grain product you can get bugs... it is just happens. The reason the lady wanted the production code is that they will place a recall on that production code.

A couple of times when I was with Heinz we had a bug issue with the dry baby cereal! Yuck I know. Heinz had all if the reps in Canada DROP everything we were doing and check every single store in our territories TWICE to look for the affected production code. I know Kraft Foods is very taking your issue in a serious manner.

Cheers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
    I called & I told them I want to send this back so they can see how the bag wasn't sealed & the pic of the bug & the lady said they "don't accept" returned packages & all they need is the production code. Well if this was the 1 package that slipped through without sealing properly what good does that do!?
    I think the bug crawled into the box & in through the hole in the bag.
    I want to throw up just thinking about this! It probably crawled all over the crackers. OMG What if it laid eggs & I ate them
    Last edited by Travelnut; Wed, Jul 18th, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
    ssbean, thriftygranny and nessa23 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

EEK!! I am so sorry that happened.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I would be watching the store you purchased from. There are 4 places the bug could have gotten into the box. 1 at Kraft 2 at a warehouse 3 at the store 4 in your home. Even if the contamination happened at Kraft all down that chain has potential contamination. The boxes in store are right next to each other and out of their cases making for easier access.

Now on another note... every chocolate bar is supposed to have 3 - 8 insect legs in it. Isn't it weird how we will still eat chocolate and yet if there is a bug in our cereal, crackers or cookies we loose it?
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Oh that's gross.
    reminds me of a story. At my old place of work I would always get mad at this one Mechanic that would always sneak into my drawer and eat my stash of food, usually leaving an empty bag back in my desk with an empty promise of replacing it.
    so one day I came in and he there he was....leaning on the filing cabinets and pouring the last few cookies from a bag directly into his mouth. They were these little mini cookies. I then notice that at the bottom of the bag is a hole. I worked at a car dealiership so we had a problem with mice. And that hole definately had a "chewed" look to it. I mention it to him, and said he might want to check for mice poop in the bag. He gags....and I pour out the rest of the bag onto a paper towel, and sure enough....FULL of mice poop!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information