User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Thanks for helping?!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So I just emptied the dishwasher that dbf was so thoughtful to turn on last night. After I've put away the last dish I notice an unopened package of finish quantum under the bottom rack. Huh?

Then it hits me...he didn't take off the wrapper on the dishwasher detergent capsule! So now I've put away all the dishes that weren't actually clean!!

What would you do? Try to guesstimate what dishes you unloaded and wash them again? I love that he tried to help, but sometimes I end up with more work when he does lol!

Please feel free to add your "thanks for helping experiences."
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Wed, Jul 25th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

kudos for effort at least, right?

or maybe it was on purpose by accident so you dont ask him to do it anymore lol!
    ssbean, cath007, Aimz and 5 others like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If the dishes look clean, they're clean. The water and heat do most of the work. The detergent contributes very little (if anything), maybe a bit of sparkle dust. Your dbf actually saved you a quantum of finish.
    abbasgirl, DaveP, jessep13 and 6 others like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

There's a saying, if you want something done right, do it yourself. They are probably clean enough to use, unless you noticed anything stuck to them. Men, can't live with them, pass the chocolate.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

my hubby cannot multitask if his life depended on it. Sure he can do it if it's related to his job, however, anything related to the house and kids - nopes. You know how there are some days where u have the laundry going, food cooking, children needing attention all while ur doing the dishes? he would only be able to do one chore at a time.

I remember once when our dishwasher broke down, and we had to handwash all our dishes (i know, the horror!) well, since i was pregnant, he decided to do the dishes. Welllll... it took him forever and a day to do them! it was like watching a turtle in slow motion. I don't know if my pregnancy hormones kicked in, but i couldn't take it anymore, so i sent him out of the kitchen to watch tv, and continued doing the dishes.

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Okay I am only admitting this to help out your DBF, I got a sample of what I thought was Dishwasher liquid, I swear I read the package. Put it in my dishwasher a few night ago. Walk in to my kitchen a little while later to find a flood of water and bubbles. Pulled the package out of the garbage, nope says dishwashing liquid. I cleaned up and told no one, until know lol.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Sorry this happened to you but LOL I think it's funny cuz I've done that very same thing recently. =0)

...Thanks for helping -- I was in the middle of walking out the door of our condo to drop off all the recycling collected in the last week when I hear my dh yelling from the couch "Need a hand"...how thoughtful...why not just do it when you trip over the cardboard boxes I piled by the door on your way out for work that morning instead of holler at me from the other room when I am already halfway out the door, not to mention waking up our 2 yr old in the process...

Men -- Geesh (No offense guys)
    Zia_Stephie really wants you as my swagbucks referral...PM me and I'll send you the link. Thanks!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Us men suck....i once put tons of dirty dishes in a finished clean wash. I learned my lesson...

Stay away from everything!!! lol
    ssbean, Aimz, K8's Fate and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Too funny... I truly have nothing to complain about since my hubby does quite a bit around our house. BUT, I do feel that pain when they try to do something helpful and fail miserably.
    My hubby is so nice and he knows I'm useless in the morning - so he takes my purse, lunch and laptop out to my car for me in the morning. I know I know, he's amazing. I always just do a quick double check, since I don't always have my work laptop with me. Last week, I asked him do I have my laptop in the car? He says yup, I say thanks, kiss kiss see ya tonight.
    I get all the way downtown, 50 minute drive, to the parking garage, no laptop in my back seat. OMG! Quickly bbm him, and he says... I could swear I put it in there. Ooops! I was NOT mad at him at all as this is my own responsibility, he's just nice enough to help me along in the mornings. So, I went into the office and did some work that did not require my laptop for 2 hours, and then left (paid full daily pop for parking $13.00) and worked at home for the rest of the day. All's well that ends well.
    ssbean and K8's Fate like this.
    Jonesy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Lol...the horror is to live in an appartment when before you have in your house a dishwasher and you hate doing it by hand...dont have the connection here...at least I have a nice washer and dryer lol!!!!!!!!!!!

iN 5 years I am not still habitued lol....In my house we just wash the kitchen pan and pot by hand lol
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jul 30th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
    Shwa Girl and K8's Fate like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

This has happened to me a couple of days ago like renegado said with all the hot water dishes are probably clean.I usually rinse my dishes as the dishwasher i have isn't working very well
    cath007 and K8's Fate like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Too funny, OP. At least he helped with out asking.

Angel_2011, my DH is the same way, give him a Super-Bulldozer or a ship leader and he is amazing, ask him to do the dishes and I find them later rinsed, piled in the sink. This mas is so lucky he is cute!! Though I must admit, he is deadly with a vacuum!!
    K8's Fate likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I remember my ex doing almost the exact same thing, except in the sink. He offered to do dishes, I was surprised and happy and told him to go ahead, that I'd appreciate it.

Five mins later, I went in to check on it, and basically all he was doing was running everything under the tap. >.<
    Ciel and K8's Fate like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

One of my guy friends didn't even know that you were supposed to take off the wrapper before putting it into the dishwasher. When I noticed him putting the puck into the dishwasher without taking off the wrapper I couldn't believe it. I'm pretty sure that it says on the box to remove the wrapper. Also, since I'd already eaten, all I could think of was how dirty the dishes must have been that I just ate off of.
    K8's Fate likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I'd just leave them. Sure it would bother me but its not worth the effort to do it again. Plus the added water and the added electricity to run the thing.

I did something similar on Friday. I was excited to do the laundry (you read that right) and was waiting until the clock hit 7pm exactly as thats when weekend hydro rates start. Well in my excitment of timing it perfectly and sticking it to those hydro peoples I forgot to put detergent in. I didn't forget my downy unstopable pellets though because I shook those in while getting everything ready and waiting until 7. I noticed once I was putting it in the dryer. Everything smelled alright so I just shrugged and threw it in. I admitted my mistake to DH and he thought I should re-wash them. So I made him do the sniff test and they passed.
    K8's Fate likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information