User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Have you ever met your doppleganger?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Finally found out today why I was getting strange looks from strangers, and more than a few people doing the stop, look like they are going to talk to you and then say nothing but stare. A woman stopped me in shoppers today, she said, Is that You? Is it You? I looked at her and refrained from saying, yup pretty sure it's me. She told me there is a woman in Fredericton whom I am a dead ringer for, including voice. I want to meet this said twin. It explains quite a bit though.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Judstir, Natalka, ninna and 2 others like this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Funny you should post this!
    I had a planning meeting with a couple I'm marrying, and she looked exactly like my neice! She even had the same inflections in her voice! It felt very odd talking with her about their wedding...our neice is so young! We had lots of giggles!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

havn't met the one whom I am a dead ringer for

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oddly enough, I have one but I have never met her.

When I started university Saskatoon in the fall of 1978, I was living in residence, and in the room next door was a girl from a city down south. After a time when we all were getting to know each other, she called me to her room to show me something - a picture from her high school yearbook of a girl who looked exactly like me, it was spooky. In fact, my Grade 10 school picture could have been exchanged with her Grade 12 picture, and no one would have noticed the difference.
    On campus, there were several times I was approached with a more-than-friendly greeting (other than strangers sometimes saying Hi as you pass on the way to classes) - and I realized they were people thinking I was this other girl - though she wasn't there at university.

So, fast-forward many, many years later to the mid-1990s, I'm in my 30s, married with a family, we moved to Saskatoon and I got a job supply teaching at the Regional Psychiatric Centre. One day walking through a hallway with a few other employees, we see a group of higher up muckymucks walking towards us, and we just say hello as we go by - but one leaves the group, comes over to me, goes to shake my hands, ask very genuinely how I am, and starts talking serious institutional inmate stuff.
    I interrupted him politely, and said who I was, and what I was doing there. He was totally freaked, because he said I looked 'exactly' like the woman who was the warden at the provincial penetentiary.
    About a month later, same thing happened - but he realized his mistake, and everyone had a good laugh.

Ah, so then I had many things to think about - I could dig up a name, and unfortunately - even with all the info on the net - have not been able to find a photo of her.

I'm left wondering if the girl from the high school yearbook went on to become this prison warden... or are there three of us?
    matrix82, Judstir, janetta and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

"Three" of you, Natalka??!! ...hehehe....
    Judstir, Natalka, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oy, Lynn - who knows if it goes beyond what we look like, though?
    darwinsmistake likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Yes. Kinda. At RCSS. A senior lady came up to me angrily to ask why I just walked right by her without saying "Hi". Then she laughed. She had chased me in the store because I look like her daughter-in-law. She was wondering why her daughter-in-law was in Oshawa. We talked for about 10 minutes.
    matrix82, Judstir, Natalka and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i have heard stories about a girl who looks just like me and related as well in england but was born with the deformity of flipper arms this might be a joke on me cause my mom also used to tell me i was found in a cabbage patch and was born with webbed feet but my no none sense grandma also said it to be true
    Judstir likes this.
    i joined prize rebel and make 10 to 20 dollar amazon gist cards every two daysehttps://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=darwinsmistake

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I was shopping in RCSS one day and a lady leaped out of a wheelchair looking a little rattled came up to me and said "You look like that lady..........Sarah Palin!" I'm not so sure that's a good thing, a lot of people don't like her, (some do I guess) I was feeling a little paranoid after that.........
    Judstir, ssbean and nicolthepickle like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ha. Haven't met my real life twin yet...but I always used to get told by strangers that I looked just like Linda Hamilton from the terminator movies.
    Natalka, amandamck and DaveP like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    ha. Haven't met my real life twin yet...but I always used to get told by strangers that I looked just like Linda Hamilton from the terminator movies.
    Linda Hamilton is awesome! Loved her in T2, she's a total babe! lol
    (I guess so is her twin, who was also in T2 )

I haven't met my doppleganger, but someone working at Blockbuster told me I looked like Tila Tequila.......................NO WAY.
    NO WAY, no even a little bit. I'm pretty sure Ms. Blockbuster was working a long, long shift to have though that~!
    Judstir likes this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't know how many times friends, family, and strangers told me i look like so and so... its ALWAYS some actress that doesn't look like me one bit. lol
    time goes by like a shooting star ~

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kat*in*Can View Post
    I was shopping in RCSS one day and a lady leaped out of a wheelchair looking a little rattled came up to me and said "You look like that lady..........Sarah Palin!" I'm not so sure that's a good thing, a lot of people don't like her, (some do I guess) I was feeling a little paranoid after that.........
    Fine looking lady. Pretend she said you look like Tina Fey.

Name:  palin-and-fey.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  29.0 KB

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have no such experience because, i have not visited anyone like that.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I havent met anyone I look like, and never have been mistaken for being someone else..... Unique beauty I guess.....
    Judstir, DaveP and ninna like this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information