User Tag List

Page 102 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2674
Like Tree7326Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

  1. #1516
    Mastermind bargain_hunter_lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    20,728
    Likes Received
    16255
    Trading Score
    726 (100%)




    My kids need sunscreen again! We go through so much and I can't find a good deal. So very jealous of the Ombrelle brags!
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.


  2. #1517
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,360
    Likes Received
    6344
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Is there a decent secondhand appliance shop that might have something that you want?
    I know the GE oven with knobs on the front in white from 2000 that is in use at home will not likely have a lookalike available when the current oven goes bye-bye (though the element grates are breaking down and spending over $80 US apiece for replacements is not happening).

    i'm checking out a few of those places tomorrow(though i have checked online and most used places also post their product on the local usedeverywhere.com site).. i think we might have found one at sears it's sorta a cross between what i want and what he likes (he wants a back to it.. where i want dials or controls on the front for the stove part... i'm short and i hate reaching over a boiling pot to turn something on or off) we've found one that has an induction top that has a control panel right in the front area but also has a back area with clock and oven controls that is in our price range)

    side note have you checked ebay for the elements?? you never know! hubby orders all sorts of things that are insanely priced in stores online for dirt cheap (like when our microwave door was having issues the little sensors behind the door hinges were something stupidly priced locally but were soo cheap so he ordered two on ebay)


    Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    Fun! This is a neat thing to keep the kids busy.
    definately kept her busy for a good hour plus! clean up wasn't that bad... it goes hard when it drys and stays puffy then after it ages a bit it's like a weak foam (i may have needed more glue/flour to shaving cream ratio) and it breaks a bit but doesn't flake what is nice
    macw1960 and vw_girl like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

  3. #1518
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,360
    Likes Received
    6344
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    My kids need sunscreen again! We go through so much and I can't find a good deal. So very jealous of the Ombrelle brags!
    i know the feeling i usually have multi bottles on the go (a mini in the purse, one in the glove box in the car, one in the park bag....) thankfully i got a stupidly good deal on clearance sunscreen this spring but it's only a 30/45 vrs the 60+ i ususally buy
    macw1960 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

  4. #1519
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    like the name says
    Posts
    10,392
    Likes Received
    15244
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Living downtown is nice but the grocery stores here often make me mad. I've been to 3 grocery stores just looking for hamburger buns!!! Didn't realize they were such a specialty item *rolls eyes*

    This happens a lot around here. You go to the store with a list of 10 basics and they have none of them
    GoJays, macw1960 and Lyssia510 like this.

  5. #1520
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,360
    Likes Received
    6344
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Living downtown is nice but the grocery stores here often make me mad. I've been to 3 grocery stores just looking for hamburger buns!!! Didn't realize they were such a specialty item *rolls eyes*

    This happens a lot around here. You go to the store with a list of 10 basics and they have none of them
    how can a hamburger bun not be a basic item at a grocery store?! i get that they might not carry your generic dempsters brand one since downtown grocery stores tend to cater to downtown lifestyles (grab and go, limited space, fancy foods, single people or couples without kids) and you may have to buy bakery ones... or even end up buying them from a bulk bun display... but a burger bun is a basic, same with milk and eggs
    macw1960 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

  6. #1521
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    like the name says
    Posts
    10,392
    Likes Received
    15244
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    There are very few stores around here so they are all high traffic. Buns sell quick. A lot of people buy during their lunch break. If you had after work (because you actually live in the area), you're out of luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    how can a hamburger bun not be a basic item at a grocery store?! i get that they might not carry your generic dempsters brand one since downtown grocery stores tend to cater to downtown lifestyles (grab and go, limited space, fancy foods, single people or couples without kids) and you may have to buy bakery ones... or even end up buying them from a bulk bun display... but a burger bun is a basic, same with milk and eggs
    macw1960 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

    Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

  7. #1522
    Proud Target Enabler vw_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Langley, BC
    Posts
    2,022
    Likes Received
    6416
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)




    The snowbirds fly into town tonight and my yearly ritual is to sit in the airport parking lot and wait for them as they always put on a practice show....I love the birds, they make me tear up every time. However, I have a scheduling conflict as I won tickets to the Lions game yesterday and they are in a luxury suite. Decisions, decisions..... (I know - I am so hard done by )
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

  8. #1523
    Smart Canuck beckie.c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    1,031
    Likes Received
    3969
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    The snowbirds fly into town tonight and my yearly ritual is to sit in the airport parking lot and wait for them as they always put on a practice show....I love the birds, they make me tear up every time. However, I have a scheduling conflict as I won tickets to the Lions game yesterday and they are in a luxury suite. Decisions, decisions..... (I know - I am so hard done by )
    I also enjoy the snowbirds... we would see them practicing quite a bit when we lived in Moose Jaw... and the Lions game will probably be a great time! I think you have a win-win situation whichever you choose, but definitely a tough choice Have fun!
    macw1960, vw_girl and dededi like this.

  9. #1524
    Proud Target Enabler vw_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Langley, BC
    Posts
    2,022
    Likes Received
    6416
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    I also enjoy the snowbirds... we would see them practicing quite a bit when we lived in Moose Jaw... and the Lions game will probably be a great time! I think you have a win-win situation whichever you choose, but definitely a tough choice Have fun!
    ooooh lucky! I used to spend the occasional summer in Moose Jaw as a kid and I think that is where my passion for them came from. I coudl sit there for hours.
    macw1960 and dededi like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

  10. #1525
    Misanthrope GoJays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    83,726
    Likes Received
    34958
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    i put in lots of hours at work this week and i'm really tired
    macw1960, torontogal12 and dededi like this.

  11. #1526
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    2,534
    Likes Received
    6820
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    My kids need sunscreen again! We go through so much and I can't find a good deal. So very jealous of the Ombrelle brags!

    Wish you could come to my home and grab some. I got them in the beginning of year for dirt cheap and even free and YET rarely anyone except me and my dad use them! Other still get sun burn and don't learn lesson lol

    My rant: I cannot control myself from not buying coupons from ebay! Must resist! LOL
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

    Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

  12. #1527
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    304
    Likes Received
    817
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Wish you could come to my home and grab some. I got them in the beginning of year for dirt cheap and even free and YET rarely anyone except me and my dad use them! Other still get sun burn and don't learn lesson lol

    My rant: I cannot control myself from not buying coupons from ebay! Must resist! LOL

    I'm super tempted to purchase inserts off of there, but I don't know if its a good idea. It sucks not to get any inserts, plus out printer isnt working properly. The coupon zone coupons are super hard to find as well..
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

  13. #1528
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,827
    Likes Received
    1489
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    No whipping cream to make Mille Feuille. Have to make them without. Indeed a first world problem.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

  14. #1529
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    2,534
    Likes Received
    6820
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)




    I cannot decide if I should spent 26 dollars on make up sponge aka beauty blender

    EDIT: Any feedback???
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sun, Aug 9th, 2015 at 02:26 AM.
    macw1960 and dededi like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

    Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

  15. #1530
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,236
    Likes Received
    7954
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    I cannot decide if I should spent 26 dollars on make up sponge aka beauty blender

    EDIT: Any feedback???
    I've heard the ones from Real Techniques and Sephora are just as good and they're like 10 bucks.
    Personally I don't like Real Technique brushes(shed every time you wash them and fall apart within months) but it's hard to screw up a sponge lol.
    macw1960, Arvilish and dededi like this.

Page 102 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •