User Tag List

Page 127 of 178 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2659
Like Tree7274Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

  1. #1891
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    2,533
    Likes Received
    6820
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    My first stop by in the new year. Hi everyone

    My only first world problem was the cashier and supervisor at No Frills on the 31st when I was trying to use up my Uncle Ben's $4 chicken coupons. I have been buying up chicken like crazy as well as giving away coupons to friends so they wouldn't go to waste. I have gone through No Frills, Save On and Safeway with 4 at a time without a bat of an eye. Once No Frills told me seperate transactions and they had no problem doing this for me and i was very grateful and let them know.

    No so on the last day they were valid. I went through one til with 4 items and 4 coupons, she checked with the cashier next to her and said limit one. Ok, so I go home grab my roommate thinking i can go back and at least get 2 more. Nope. She spots me at another til and said weren't you here earlier? These are one per customer per day. I said no where on the coupon does it mention per day. The terms are very straight forward and very unrestricting. So, no more chicken for me. My roommate was allowed to buy one.

    So about 5 or so coupons went to waste. even looked for people in other lines buying coupons to gift too but had no luck.
    Thats disgusting! You should have gone to another store and not let these coupons go wasted! Or better yet, change the hairstyle and/or physical appearance.

    I have been couponing since 14 and once a cashier did not allow me to use two coupons. I went back with a hat and different make-up style and used another coupon.
    Last edited by Arvilish; Wed, Jan 6th, 2016 at 03:04 PM.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

    Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

  2. #1892
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    like the name says
    Posts
    10,386
    Likes Received
    15233
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    I really hate Chapters stores, for many different reasons. Yet people keep giving me gift cards for it. I finally used up a $25 credit and it only took 3 years. Now I get a lot more to spend. Can't re-gift e-gift cards, I think
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Jan 7th, 2016 at 10:28 AM.
    Decaf, Candini, Lyssia510 and 3 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

    Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

  3. #1893
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,827
    Likes Received
    1489
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    I have an opportunity to make a photo canvas print and no pictures "good" enough to go on it.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

  4. #1894
    Proud Target Enabler vw_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Langley, BC
    Posts
    2,022
    Likes Received
    6416
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Thats disgusting! You should have gone to another store and not let these coupons go wasted! Or better yet, change the hairstyle and/or physical appearance.

    I have been couponing since 14 and once a cashier did not allow me to use two coupons. I went back with a hat and different make-up style and used another coupon.
    LOL! The thought did cross my mind to do something like that. It was the first time i have ever had to kick up a fuss and was really upset about it. I remember the SNAP app, $7 off Pledge coupon days and doing separate transactions for 17 bottles at Walmart and the cashier was so pleasant. I had about 50 or so of these coupons so I had a good run and had already hit up SOF that day with 4 packages of chicken for a total of under $2 so I just called it a day. They are still floating around in my purse though and make me sad looking at them.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

  5. #1895
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,236
    Likes Received
    7954
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I really hate Chapters stores, for many different reasons. Yet people keep giving me gift cards for it. I finally used up a $25 credit and it only took 3 years. Now I get a lot more to spend. Can't re-gift e-gift cards, I think
    If I had gift cards to trade, I'd totally trade you! We spend a small fortune at Chapter's since the kids are bookworms and usually buy books as gifts for our friends kids.
    torontogal12 likes this.

  6. #1896
    🌙✨ Candini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,920
    Likes Received
    11690
    Trading Score
    189 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I really hate Chapters stores, for many different reasons. Yet people keep giving me gift cards for it. I finally used up a $25 credit and it only took 3 years. Now I get a lot more to spend. Can't re-gift e-gift cards, I think
    As far as I know you can buy a physical gift card at store and pay with an e-gift.
    I did it at Starbucks

  7. #1897
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    98
    Likes Received
    217
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    As far as I know you can buy a physical gift card at store and pay with an e-gift.
    I did it at Starbucks
    You are correct. We just loaded 4 different ecards onto a single plastic card at Starbucks yesterday.
    toronto166 likes this.

  8. #1898
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,574
    Likes Received
    4523
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I really hate Chapters stores, for many different reasons. Yet people keep giving me gift cards for it. I finally used up a $25 credit and it only took 3 years. Now I get a lot more to spend. Can't re-gift e-gift cards, I think
    I can spend a whole day there...I can easily spend thousands $ there.

  9. #1899
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    like the name says
    Posts
    10,386
    Likes Received
    15233
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    @Candini

    I wonder if Chapters sells gift cards for other stores !
    @Lyssia510 I used up a lot of it on books for my friend's baby shower...but it was a sizeable gift card. Did I mention I have about 10 unused gift cards in my drawers for stores I don't shop at? All of them without enough balance to go on cardswap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I can spend a whole day there...I can easily spend thousands $ there.
    Not for me. I have too much stuff in my shoe box apartment and don't need more.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Jan 8th, 2016 at 07:49 PM.
    Candini, Lyssia510 and toronto166 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

    Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

  10. #1900
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,358
    Likes Received
    6335
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    @Candini

    I wonder if Chapters sells gift cards for other stores !
    @Lyssia510 I used up a lot of it on books for my friend's baby shower...but it was a sizeable gift card. Did I mention I have about 10 unused gift cards in my drawers for stores I don't shop at? All of them without enough balance to go on cardswap.


    Not for me. I have too much stuff in my shoe box apartment and don't need more.

    i know the feeling, i seem to be collecting gift cards that i never use, i have 1 for a local mall.. good at all stores in the mall and it's been sitting in my purse for a year now and i still haven't used it because i don't want to just use it on groceries at the over priced grocery store thats part of that mall.. and to make it even worse, i returned something to sears in that mall today.. only to get another gift card to add to the stack (sears being over priced i spent 45 min and i couldn't find a single thing i wanted in that store)
    torontogal12 and toronto166 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

  11. #1901
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    like the name says
    Posts
    10,386
    Likes Received
    15233
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i know the feeling, i seem to be collecting gift cards that i never use, i have 1 for a local mall.. good at all stores in the mall and it's been sitting in my purse for a year now and i still haven't used it because i don't want to just use it on groceries at the over priced grocery store thats part of that mall.. and to make it even worse, i returned something to sears in that mall today.. only to get another gift card to add to the stack (sears being over priced i spent 45 min and i couldn't find a single thing i wanted in that store)
    I hear ya

    i have a lot of giftcards for clothing stores, but the cards only have $15 or less, which buys you nothing. I am getting rid of a lot of clothes and don;t want to buy more. No one I know can use them either (I've asked). I've thought about using them for socks, but we keep getting those as xmas gifts so never have to buy

    Someone gave me a big spa gift card that I've had for 6years. I get free massages through my work insurance and so does everyone else, so it just sits in the drawer. I would gift that one too but the spa is far away for anyone that I would give it to
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Jan 9th, 2016 at 11:17 AM.
    toronto166 and dededi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

    Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

  12. #1902
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    37,083
    Likes Received
    58672
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Leg pain woke me up at 4:00 a.m. Trotted downstairs to get the tens machine. The pulsing action dies the second I got myself all snuggled and comfy back in bed with the pads on my leg. Had to go back downstairs and steal the only other good 9 volt out of my weigh scale. ugh!! Then too awake to bother trying to go back to sleep.
    toronto166 likes this.






  13. #1903
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    2,533
    Likes Received
    6820
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)




    Too lazy to go out; Too coool!
    toronto166 likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

    Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

  14. #1904
    Smart Canuck beckie.c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    1,031
    Likes Received
    3969
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)




    Our Dishwasher died a horrible death this weekend (somewhat expected as our appliances are older). I found the most beautiful Kitchenaid dishwasher on clearance, it fit into the budget, had awesome reviews on many websites for being a great dishwasher, etc. Then just as I start thinking about my kitchen I realize that my current dishwasher has a flat front, where this one has a large handle that sticks out. Run home to measure and I wouldn't be able to open my cutlery drawer because it would hit the handle when the dishwasher is closed...small kitchen problems lol, back to searching I go.

  15. #1905
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,020
    Likes Received
    5896
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Our Dishwasher died a horrible death this weekend (somewhat expected as our appliances are older). I found the most beautiful Kitchenaid dishwasher on clearance, it fit into the budget, had awesome reviews on many websites for being a great dishwasher, etc. Then just as I start thinking about my kitchen I realize that my current dishwasher has a flat front, where this one has a large handle that sticks out. Run home to measure and I wouldn't be able to open my cutlery drawer because it would hit the handle when the dishwasher is closed...small kitchen problems lol, back to searching I go.
    We just got that Kitchenaide dishwasher with the big handle. While we don't have a space issue it took a while to get use to having that kind of handle sticking out. Excellent dishwasher though!

Page 127 of 178 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •