User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Highway Driving!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I have to say that most people treat tractor trailers pretty poorly. They also treat farmers with their tractors very rudely. I constantly see people cutting off tractor trailers.
    Koolaid and Carlotta like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Why do 18 wheel trailers have the urge to drive over 100km!!!

I was driving 100 (Cruise control) and a massive truck behind me start flashing his lights and blasting his horn!!

So, i did this........ and another male gesture of this

Just follow the rules!! OMG!!!
    If you were driving in the right hand lane, he should not have been honking at you. If you were driving in the left hand lane, he had every right to honk..... that's the passing lane and too many people just pull into the left hand lane and sit there forever. Some people need to go back and read their driver's manual and make themselves familiar again with the Highway Traffic Act.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Making those gestures to an 18 wheeler?
    That's something that Price is Right would do.
    But not Stifler.
    No, not is character for Stifler.

He must have been on his way back from Walmart after his encounter with the cashier and the greeter. That trucker up his a$$ was the last straw!!

I wish smiles were as addictive as bad moods are....
    daynabas likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post

I think that the speed limit should be an exact number, not a MINIMUM or a MAXIMUM. There should be a 5-10 km/h leeway (for the purpose of safe passing and merging, etc), people who drive too slow, too fast, do not move over for merging traffic or hog the passing lane should be pulled over and given a ticket. It might even be a good idea to get special police on the road that just monitor the roads for people driving like idiots.
    That would only work if all speedometers are 100% accurate. They are not. even the RADAR guns used by police forces are not 100% acurate. Most are +/- 10% . Older vehiclea are even less accurate.

If a truck has to drive up someones rear because he has to keep a schedule, then there is something wrong with the scheduling. A trip should be planned and time should be allowed for the drive, time for breaks and added time for possible traffic issues....maybe if companies were given the speeding tickets for the trucks that drive for this purpose it will discourage this bad practice.
    Time is money and not even the most flexible schedule can plan for all changes of road travel, from a flash flood to a multi-vehicle pile-up. Management really can't predict the results of every other person's reactions on a single journey.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

[QUOTE=Darth Penguin;4921143]That would only work if all speedometers are 100% accurate. They are not. even the RADAR guns used by police forces are not 100% acurate. Most are +/- 10% . Older vehiclea are even less accurate.

Thank you! hat is exacly why they dont stop you if you are only a few over

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    That would only work if all speedometers are 100% accurate. They are not. even the RADAR guns used by police forces are not 100% acurate. Most are +/- 10% . Older vehiclea are even less accurate.

Time is money and not even the most flexible schedule can plan for all changes of road travel, from a flash flood to a multi-vehicle pile-up. Management really can't predict the results of every other person's reactions on a single journey.

That would be one of the the reasons for the small amount of leeway.

I JUST got home from a trip to Walmart and Futureshop. On my way down from Walmart, the road that I needed to take was blocked off by the police. This road has a posted speed limit of 70km/h and it is the main road through my city. There is a lot of traffic on it, a lot of cross roads and a lot of stop lights. People drive anywhere from 40 km/h on it to 100 km/h on it. There is hardly any police presence, even though the police station is actually located on this exact road.

So my kids asked me why the road was closed and I told them that a truck probably ran the light at the corner (which just happens to be the corner where Futureshop is).

So I am going slowly across, all you can see is police cars, firetrucks and ambulances. As I get closer, sure enough there was a Tanker truck in the ditch just past the light and a few white sheets on the road. I could not see the other vehicle, but I will bet that is exactly what happened.

Not the first time at that intersection, not the last.

Kind of funny, but not really, is that not a week ago they did a traffic study at that exact corner.

I do a lot of driving, on very busy roads in SW Ontario and more needs to be done to save lives.

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Uhm.
    Aren't 18-wheelers supposed to drive LOWER than the speed on the major highways? IE 401?
    I could have sworn I learned this in the G1 test...

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Well...if that was my husband behind the 18 wheeler I appologize. He will talegate you if you cut him off or drive improperly endangering his life. His rig like all other rigs in Canada are regulated to 105km so he shouldn't be going faster than that. He has had so many people cut him off and then slow down after they do that. The other half he tells me are either on the phone, picking their nose, putting on make-up, eating or I think the worst he told me was the blowj*b he witnessed. I hear the crap every day!!

So bottom line is, everyone can't drive properly all the time. Just do your best to follow the rules and maybe your good values will rub off on someone else.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

That would be one of the the reasons for the small amount of leeway.

I JUST got home from a trip to Walmart and Futureshop. On my way down from Walmart, the road that I needed to take was blocked off by the police. This road has a posted speed limit of 70km/h and it is the main road through my city. There is a lot of traffic on it, a lot of cross roads and a lot of stop lights. People drive anywhere from 40 km/h on it to 100 km/h on it. There is hardly any police presence, even though the police station is actually located on this exact road.

So my kids asked me why the road was closed and I told them that a truck probably ran the light at the corner (which just happens to be the corner where Futureshop is).

So I am going slowly across, all you can see is police cars, firetrucks and ambulances. As I get closer, sure enough there was a Tanker truck in the ditch just past the light and a few white sheets on the road. I could not see the other vehicle, but I will bet that is exactly what happened.

Not the first time at that intersection, not the last.

Kind of funny, but not really, is that not a week ago they did a traffic study at that exact corner.

I do a lot of driving, on very busy roads in SW Ontario and more needs to be done to save lives.
    If you are referring to the rollover in B-ford today. How sad. A 20 year old died in that crash. People need to SLOW DOWN all around and pay attention to what they are doing.
    xox2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    If you are referring to the rollover in B-ford today. How sad. A 20 year old died in that crash. People need to SLOW DOWN all around and pay attention to what they are doing.
    I am....and it is sad. My heart goes out to that young man and the trucker and both of their families.

I was at Powerline and WGP and heard the sirens, so it happened probably just after I had gone through the light.
    I was in the same general area last year when a transport went through the light and took out those two older people turning at the same spot.

You are right, people do need to slow down and pay more attention. I think that cities also need to re-evaluate the traffic situations and make it safe and do a better job of planning. The mix of residential, commercial and manufacturing in the east end of Brantford is a mess.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Are you in Ontario, Stifler? Trucks in Ontario have speed limiters (actual devices on their truck) that block them from going faster than 105km/hr.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I once interviewed a bunch of truckers for work and they have such a hard job. People cutting them off endangers everyone because they can't brake quickly. Truckers do an awesome job of keeping people safe when they spend so much time away from home, and so much time sitting and not sleeping. It's hard on their health too. to your hubby Koolaid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    Well...if that was my husband behind the 18 wheeler I appologize. He will talegate you if you cut him off or drive improperly endangering his life. His rig like all other rigs in Canada are regulated to 105km so he shouldn't be going faster than that. He has had so many people cut him off and then slow down after they do that. The other half he tells me are either on the phone, picking their nose, putting on make-up, eating or I think the worst he told me was the blowj*b he witnessed. I hear the crap every day!!

So bottom line is, everyone can't drive properly all the time. Just do your best to follow the rules and maybe your good values will rub off on someone else.
    Koolaid likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Are you in Ontario, Stifler? Trucks in Ontario have speed limiters (actual devices on their truck) that block them from going faster than 105km/hr.
    A judge in Welland called this law unconstitutional, which opens up opportunities for appeal and to go before higher courts. The arguments on both sides are worth investigating, meaning there should be an interesting legal battle ahead.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That's interesting. I know the truckers were angry because they said limiting their speeds is dangerous (what if they have to speed up to get past a crazy driver, for example)?

Just wanted to point out to the OP that the current law is still the limiters though.

Quote Originally Posted by Safyre View Post
    A judge in Welland called this law unconstitutional, which opens up opportunities for appeal and to go before higher courts. The arguments on both sides are worth investigating, meaning there should be an interesting legal battle ahead.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

He must have been on his way back from Walmart after his encounter with the cashier and the greeter. That trucker up his a$$ was the last straw!!

I wish smiles were as addictive as bad moods are....
    couldn't have said it better myself!!!

>>>Tradelist & Wishlist<<<
    |MILK|CHICKEN|ARCTIC GARDENS|CHAPMANS|EUROPES BEST|SYB PINS|OJ|

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information