User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Seen at Superstore

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I had to laugh to myself the other day at the unlikely scene, feeling terribly sorry for the poor woman, and thinking there'd be no way I'd be letting my husband/dad/father-in-law shop for me...

I was grocery shopping at Superstore in the baby section. There I saw two men shopping together. One man was in his mid-thirties, the other much older. They appeared to be Sikh, and the older man was traditionally dressed, with a long white beard. He must have been the younger man's father or father-in-law.

In their cart was a value pack of maxi pads and a box of newborn diapers. As I approached from further down the aisle, they were picking up boxes from a low shelf and reading them.

As it turns out, they were trying to decide on a breast pump.
    This thread is currently associated with: Maxi, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Natalka, xox2010, ssbean and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    133 (100%)

When we were released from the hospital with my first I had to send my husband to the store to pick me up a sitz bath & stool softners. You gotta do what you gotta do right?? No one had told me before hand I'd need stool softners! (This time around I'll be prepared!)

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

While in the fem. hygiene section of our local grocery store my friend bumped into a high school male friend starting blankly at the wall of pads.She asked him if he needed help.He said ya my GF sent me to get her pads and I don't know what to get.She is 5 ft 2 and weighs 120 lbs.........LOL!! Like he was getting diapers for a baby!!
    anisa, Natalka, janetta and 16 others like this.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Can't stop laughing! LOL!
    ninna, Granger, angel_2011 and 1 others like this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I once saw this man just walking up and down the fem. aisle when I was stocking the shelves. Finally he approached me and very nervously asked if I could help him. Sure I say what do you need. He looked up and down the aisle and says ' my wife sent me for something, can you help me? Again he looked up and down the aisle and then handed me a folded piece of paper with one word written on it. Vagisal. The poor guy when I handed him the product walked red faced to the counter to pay. I thought it was so cute.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

OMG I would NEVER send my hubby to get me tampons! Not that I'll ever have to because I probably have enough tampons to last until I hit menopause, but he can't even get me the right Nestea, nevermind tampons! He came back out with Nestea Zero because it was "the first one" he saw.... MEN *insert 'eye roll and arms crossed' icon here*

>>>Tradelist & Wishlist<<<
    |MILK|CHICKEN|ARCTIC GARDENS|CHAPMANS|EUROPES BEST|SYB PINS|OJ|

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

A gentleman was at Walmart looking at the pads.
    The piece of paper in his hand had exact instructions on the brand, package count and the price (sale).
    Of course , Walmart was out of stock.

I went up to ask if he needed help. I was able to show him another sale on the same brand with double the number of pads in the package, that worked out to a better deal.

He wanted to grab one and get outa there, fast. But I stopped him and told him to buy two because the would be out if he was to return again.
    He thanked me so many times.
    anisa, linnyeg, Natalka and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh my - but both my husband and son (20) buy feminine products for me. My son more often, especially lately he's been the one doing lots of shopping - doesn't mind picking up the Stayfree deals and using coupons. On the odd occasion when he's accidentally bought the wrong kind, my son doesn't even mind exchanging them.
    I guess it comes along with me living with two men - I make it pretty clear why I'm being a female dog, so they realize it's 'that time'...

I'm pretty brand-loyal, so they don't have to do any deciding. My one argh to companies is when they switch packaging...

My last public encounter with some other husband buying pads was when I was at the till and a man was with a buddy of his and they were behind me. The husband was just putting up this huge box of pads, telling his friend that these weren't the ones his wife asked for, but it was a bigger box for almost the same price. (You know, he was buying the old fashioned 'regular' big bulky pads instead of Always ultra thin ones - ooo, I'd be POed....)
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Aug 26th, 2012 at 09:23 AM.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Name:  you-are-too-funny-ag1.gif
Views: 1923
Size:  62.7 KB
    ssbean likes this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    I had to laugh to myself the other day at the unlikely scene, feeling terribly sorry for the poor woman, and thinking there'd be no way I'd be letting my husband/dad/father-in-law shop for me...

I was grocery shopping at Superstore in the baby section. There I saw two men shopping together. One man was in his mid-thirties, the other much older. They appeared to be Sikh, and the older man was traditionally dressed, with a long white beard. He must have been the younger man's father or father-in-law.

In their cart was a value pack of maxi pads and a box of newborn diapers. As I approached from further down the aisle, they were picking up boxes from a low shelf and reading them.

As it turns out, they were trying to decide on a breast pump.
    not sure what their being Sikh had to do with anything.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Well, to me, I guess it was the image that was especially striking, and I wanted to convey that. The elder man with the very long, white beard (probably making him look older than he really was) in traditional dress, next to his son(?) with short hair, jeans, a t-shirt, and a steel bracelet, and both of them picking up breast pumps to compare. It would have been unusual to see one man shopping for a breast pump, and startling to see two men comparing pumps... but add a seemingly elderly man (and probably, therefore, the woman's father-in-law!) to the shopping equation, and the whole thing looks very unusual.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I've sent DH out to buy tampons for me a zillion times. But I DID learn to give him a sticky note with the brand and size written on it because the first few times, he went and bought a kind I never, ever use. I am TOTALLY brand loyal when it comes to tampons but not brand loyal whatsoever when it comes to pads. lol. Personally, I think he is a total doll to consider doing it for me so I'm quite grateful.

Oh--except, now that I use coupons, I gotta admit, feminine products are never a thing I'm caught short on anymore.
    ssbean likes this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I know what you mean, Ninna -- I used to cringe at paying at least $4 every month to buy a package! Now I only get them when they're free or really cheap! A person could easily get all they need just by using some of their Optimum points, even if they didn't chase the deals with coupons.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

often in other countries, it's the hubby that has to pick up most items from the store, from meat and produce, to prescriptions and diapers etc. the man is expected to do these things.

they were probably accustomed to being sent to the store
    ssbean likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    they were probably accustomed to being sent to the store
    Picking up a breast pump might be a rarity though. At least, I would hope it's a one time thing.
    anisa and ssbean like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information