User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Litterbugs at the store.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Why do people leave their used Tim Horton's and Starbuck's beverage cups all over the store? Why can't they throw them in the garbage? A lot of them aren't even empty, so they spill their contents when knocked over. I know there have always been litterbugs around, but it seems worse now that we have this mentality that we need to be holding a coffee in our hands when we go anywhere.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    matrix82, Natalka, GoJays and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a coffee addict (it's a problem) and even I don't feel the need to hold a coffee everywhere I go. That said, I do know what you're saying - I feel like people just always need something in their hands, be it their smartphones or their coffees.

But yes, leaving coffee cups on shelves is ridiculous. To be fair, garbage cans are usually only located at the front of the store and some people find it a hassle to walk "all the way there." Which is sad, but I know that's a common excuse. It's not hard to keep the cup in your cart/basket and drop it in the garbage when you go to pay.
    Last edited by Aimz; Sun, Aug 26th, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
    GoJays and terry2144 like this.

[*A I M Z*]

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

lol I love how some keep things a secret I just happen to close my till the one day to go to the washroom and all down where my till aisle was was spilled coffee all over the floor couldn't even to bother to tell me. More fun is finding empty banana peels in the store which you know they havn't payed for and just fling it anywhere lol.
    GoJays, SFARAZ, xox2010 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I haven't seen a garbage can at a grocery store except outside the store, and under the cash. Try asking a cashier if you may throw something in there.
    OgresWife and terry2144 like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    lol I love how some keep things a secret I just happen to close my till the one day to go to the washroom and all down where my till aisle was was spilled coffee all over the floor couldn't even to bother to tell me. More fun is finding empty banana peels in the store which you know they havn't payed for and just fling it anywhere lol.
    OMG, don't even get me started about people who hide perishables in weird spots! Years ago, I was cashing and this till had a horrible smell and I couldn't find the source. Weeks later, we found out someone had stuck a frozen fish behind the gum display.
    KK7, xox2010, ssbean and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A while a go I found a rotten apple core on a shelf in the housewares department at Zellers and in the cleaning products aisle there was a bottle of milk2go it was there like a few weeks.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Aug 26th, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
    ssbean and terry2144 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    I am cashier and go thru the same thing one word describes it and thats lazy customers are just too lazy to dispose of there own garbage its the same with coming thru my til with a cart taking your bags and leaving the cart right in front of my Till that makes me angry and sometimes i think about pushing a cart towards a customer and politley say u forgot your cart it also annoys the people next in line too
    matrix82, SFARAZ, xox2010 and 2 others like this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

We actually have 2 Garbage Cans in our Grocery Store ; )

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

People who leave trash everywhere annoy me to no end - used apple cores, empty snack packets, coffee cups. It's so disgusting. I don't feel like it should be my job to clean up after other people (I work retail). Is it really that hard to walk up to a cashier and throw your trash in their garbage can? I feel like people are just getting lazier and lazier every year.
    Last edited by xox2010; Mon, Aug 27th, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
    ssbean, BC Gal and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Like I posted in my shopping cart rant, the employees of the store are no better with the guys that collect shopping carts throwing the store flyers and anything else that happens to be left in the cart (empty cups, produce bags etc) on the ground where they are standing.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

In my opinion you shouldn't be even allowed to bring in your stupid coffee cup into the store, drink it before you go in or leave it in the car, Just common courtesy I believe. And yes I am a coffee drinker, and I have worked in a grocery store for many years as a stock clerk. This is so annoying ......
    matrix82, GoJays, ssbean and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    I haven't seen a garbage can at a grocery store except outside the store, and under the cash. Try asking a cashier if you may throw something in there.
    Sometimes there are garbage cans in the deli section, anywhere near the self serve sandwiches, soups and such. Sometimes in the produce department, especially when corn is on sale an people strip the corn. In the meat department, there may be one near where you can get the Kleenex to wipe your hands if the meat/chicken trays leak. If the sample ladies/gents are giving out anything to taste, there's usually one nearby.
    Ciel, ssbean and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

What i hate even more than the regular litter bug is the ....hmmm....lets grab a drink finish half and leave it on the shelf....without paying for it

imagine what their living conditions must be like....ewwwww
    ....just be happy

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Personally...it's the odd poopy diaper hidden in stores that I find disgusting. And I soooo wish it was a one-off event..
    matrix82, SFARAZ, xox2010 and 3 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

Keeping this thread in mind I went with my boyfriend to the store that I work at to buy yummy desserts to watch the season finale of true blood with (very good IMO - both episode ad desserts) and say an empty tim hortons cup, and an empty package of cookies, obviously not paid for. I don't get it. Period. If you are that poor why are you stealing cookies? why not something with a little substance, you know? Sheesh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information