User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: sampling fruits

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    If it's from my own garden I don't feel the need to wash it. I don't put pesticides on the stuff, no one else is groping it, what is there to wash off?
    Bird poop?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I guess if I saw bird poo, I would be inclined to wash it off. I remember being at someone's house for a party, the salad was harvested out of the homeowners garden just a short time before. Prior to the party starting, fortunately someone spotted the slug in with the lettuce. Ewww!
    Natalka, SFARAZ and colourcube like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I saw someone walking around the produce section eating a nectarine a few days ago... What the heck!?
    SFARAZ likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw a girl was about 5 or 6 years old eating a cinnamon roll in a grocery store yesterday.I can't believe the woman who was with the girl whom I guess was her mother let her eat a cinnamon roll.One of these days that girl going to land in trouble because she thinks eating unpaid for merchandise is okay.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    I saw a girl was about 5 or 6 years old eating a cinnamon roll in a grocery store yesterday.I can't believe the woman who was with the girl whom I guess was her mother let her eat a cinnamon roll.One of these days that girl going to land in trouble because she thinks eating unpaid for merchandise is okay.
    At the grocery store last week my wife and I checked out with our youngest, bought him an ice cream bar. Super hot day and he wanted it right away so mom opened it for him. I decided to grab an 8 pack of really cold beer for that hot day and the beer store has an entrance inside Sobeys. So we walked across the Sobeys to the beer store, son in tow eating the ice cream bar that was paid for. I wasn't concerned because we have the receipt to show staff, but I wonder if any shoppers thought we had stolen it. I really wouldn't want that.
    Last edited by DaveP; Sun, Sep 2nd, 2012 at 04:36 AM.
    GoddessDigi and ssbean like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    At the grocery store last week my wife and I checked out with our youngest, bought him an ice cream bar. Super hot day and he wanted it right away so mom opened it for him. I decided to grab an 8 pack of really cold beer for that hot day and the beer store has an entrance inside Sobeys. So we walked across the Sobeys to the beer store, son in tow eating the ice cream bar that was paid for. I wasn't concerned because we have the receipt to show staff, but I wonder if any shoppers thought we had stolen it. I really wouldn't want that.
    Since you paid don't worry about other customers think of you.I was thinking more about this girl thinking in the future helping herself to stuff in stores and getting into trouble for shoplifting or helping herself to stuff and just leaving it on the shelf that costs the store money and eventually all us customers.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

i see no prob in testing a grape before paying for the whole bag!!! am not munching or snacking , the thing that i don't like is the bag of cherries as they always hide a rotten one that spoils the whole bag , i wish it's not bagged and we get to pick ours!
    Natalka, GoddessDigi and SFARAZ like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Unless you asked, you really don't know where she got it, I know people that carry bags of candies in their purse to give to their children while in grocery stores to shut them up, so they aren't running around begging for junk food.
    GoddessDigi and colourcube like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

i try grapes in store as well. but i only take 1. because i wanna see how they taste before i buy them. often i bought grapes and at home i don't like them sour, not juicy or something like this. if you try ONE i think it's nothing wrong with!!!!
    Natalka, SFARAZ and kashkoush like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Since you paid don't worry about other customers think of you.I was thinking more about this girl thinking in the future helping herself to stuff in stores and getting into trouble for shoplifting or helping herself to stuff and just leaving it on the shelf that costs the store money and eventually all us customers.
    Ah, I see what you mean.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    Unless you asked, you really don't know where she got it, I know people that carry bags of candies in their purse to give to their children while in grocery stores to shut them up, so they aren't running around begging for junk food.
    The girl was carrying an open empty box from the bakery too.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Last edited by sweet sparrow; Mon, Sep 3rd, 2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Double post (oops!)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The girl was carrying an open empty box from the bakery too.
    It's possible she was there for a long shop or they had come a long way to shop. I've seen and heard of several people who let their child eat something in-store, and scan the wrapper during checkout.

If it's a place that's very busy with nutso lines at the cashiers, I can understand how the mom feels checking out with a single item behind 15 people in express with a screaming, bored child. Some children are good with it, some, not so much.

I'd be worried if I saw her discard the empty box in an aisle or garbage bin.
    GoddessDigi, DaveP and colourcube like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do not see what the harm is. Loss prevention officers (from what I understand) cannot even go after a person until after they have left the store anyways.
    If someone is going to take a bun or whatever out of the box and then stash the box and not pay for it, that is stealing, but opening a package that you are going to pay for is not.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm on the fence on this one.....

While I have never personally 'tested' grapes (for example) in the store before purchasing, I can understand why some people would want to.... ONE I can understand. Several is a different story IMO.

I always buy my produce at a local stand anyway, so I tend to not even walk through the produce section in my 'big chain grocery store'
    - One time in my produce stand store, a woman ate a whole apple and then gave it to one of the cashiers to throw away in the garbage. 'She was very hungry and couldn't wait' is what she said.... while I also some-what understand, and the cashier didn't seem to care... I just think about the owner of the stand. I mean, yes, it's just one apple. But someone paid for that apple!!! There's nothing they can do once you've eaten what's supposed to be weighed out! ..At least she was buying a decent amount of other produce.

bulk stuff - you never know where it has been, or who has touched it....... that's gross enough that I hardly EVER buy bulk. Sometimes some trail mix. That's about it.
    GoJays and GoddessDigi like this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information