User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: sampling fruits

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hate when i saw someone trying some fruits in store like today i saw one couple at nofrills they take some grapes from each bag and didnt take any to buy and start eating
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wow....gready is the word.
    SFARAZ likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Yup.
    We all pay for this in the end.

How about taking two nice handfuls of bulk cashews to eat secretly in the chip aisle.
    Here I come along in the chip aisle and this man is eating the expensive cashews.
    I was so surprised I just stared.

I went to look for a store employee, but the guy took off, leaving cashews spilled all over the chip aisle.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

we see this all the time in the stores. If it is one or two, they usually do nto say anything IF the customer asks to sample either in the produce or the bulk.

If they don't however, and are caught, they are usually taken outside by loss prevention
    SFARAZ likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i see this all the time, and my daughter sees it and than thinks its ok to do it. I tell her even if we are planning on buying it, she has to wait till after we pay for it before she can have whatever it is she wants. It absolutly sickens me when people do that, or when they rearrange the bags of grapes to make a bag bigger or smaller. Why would I want to buy fruit that someone has touched a billion times? DISGUSTING!
    hollyquaiscer, SFARAZ and cath007 like this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I do not want to burst your bubble here, but I am fairly certain that in picking, transport, purchasing, and finally placing on the shelves that many, many people have touched them anyway it is sad but true. I have come to the conclusion that the only way to make my fruits "safe" (the ones the do not have a peel that you remove) is to wash them.
    GoJays, lizamarie, SFARAZ and 10 others like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jessep13 View Post
    i see this all the time, and my daughter sees it and than thinks its ok to do it. I tell her even if we are planning on buying it, she has to wait till after we pay for it before she can have whatever it is she wants. It absolutly sickens me when people do that, or when they rearrange the bags of grapes to make a bag bigger or smaller. Why would I want to buy fruit that someone has touched a billion times? DISGUSTING!
    I do this all the time. I'll pick up a cluster by the stem from the bag, hold it up in the air and rotate it 360 degrees to check for rotten or crushed grapes then place it in a produce bag. I can't eat a whole bag of grapes myself so this works for me. I won't rip open bags to do this though.
    Natalka, Eva-M, GoJays and 10 others like this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jessep13 View Post
    I don't think the rearranging is any different to people touching all the peppers to see which ones are best or look through broccoli to get the nicest one. I wash everything and hope for the best lol
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

I also dont buy an entire bag of grapes because I know they wont get eaten. I grab a bunch by the stem and put it in a produce bag too. Then I take it home and WASH them before my kids eat them...whats so disgusting about that? Doesnt everyone wash their produce before eating?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ask if I can test a grape because I am fed up with paying for sour ones.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lghend View Post
    I ask if I can test a grape because I am fed up with paying for sour ones.
    You can always bring back the sour grapes, with receipt to get a refund.
    Stores need to know which suppliers are sending bad stock.
    Stores can get reimbursed.

It is better to wash the fruit before eating -- don't know who has sneezed on it in the store.
    lizamarie, SFARAZ, sam786 and 1 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I've never brought back sour grapes. I've never associated sweet or sour fruits to be someone's fault (is it?). I eat them to teach myself to appreciate the sweet ones more. And DH loves sour grapes, raspberries, etc. I think he's secretly happy that I'm not tempted to scarf them when he's not looking.

What really drives me bonkers is to see someone chomping on grapes from different bags, treating the produce like their own personal buffet. I get annoyed that they know if my grapes are sweet or sour before I do, and have inside information. I want to ask how they taste, but don't want them to think I'm trying to be rude or cheeky. I can't bring myself to eat unwashed grapes though.

I admit I was tempted to return grapes just once, when they had several huge seeds and were advertised on the front page as seedless. They were gone in two days though. I'm such a glutton.
    Natalka, Eva-M, SFARAZ and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Im guilty of eating a grape to see if they're sweet or sour before buying a bunch.

I hate buying grapes, not trying one first, then getting home and they're sour and I end up throwing them out.

I don't eat handfuls...just one to test. And I don't test all bunches there. I pick one from a bunch, and if it's good I take that bunch.

And I also break up bunches. Im not going to pay for a full pound of grapes because I know I won't eat them all before they go bad.

guess I am "one of those" people....lol

The Bulk items I don't sample. But sometimes I wish that when the Bulkbarn brings in new items they would put out a little "sample" bowl...lol. They had freeze dried strawberries there and I really wanted to try some before buying. But I didn't!! (but i really wanted to!)
    Last edited by Sunshyne1; Mon, Aug 27th, 2012 at 10:39 AM.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

UUGGHH my mom is one of those that picks a bag of grapes to buy and then munches a handfull of them while doing the rest of her shopping. Does she not realise the price is by weight?! and that she just stole grapes?! Grr.
    ssbean likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

No, no, you're not one of those people. I hope you didn't take any offense, because I think we're talking about people who take it to another level.

There are people who just want to eat and aren't interested in buying any grapes, and I don't mean people who look homeless, but gabbing on their IPhones. There are also people who buy grapes and eat as much of the bag as possible before getting to the checkout to make the bag lighter. And my personal favourite, that special group who eat grapes from one bag, but buy another, because "someone" has eaten from that particular bag. (Psst, I have a newsflash for you. I saw who did it!)

However, I will pull bunches from other bag to fill my bag if someone has already pulled the grapes from my bag. There's a good chance someone will think I'm one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    Im guilty of eating a grape to see if they're sweet or sour before buying a bunch.

I hate buying grapes, not trying one first, then getting home and they're sour and I end up throwing them out.

I don't eat handfuls...just one to test. And I don't test all bunches there. I pick one from a bunch, and if it's good I take that bunch.

And I also break up bunches. Im not going to pay for a full pound of grapes because I know I won't eat them all before they go bad.

guess I am "one of those" people....lol
    lavenderplum, SFARAZ and ssbean like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information