User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: People who don't respect elderly women

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm soooo annoyed STILL. I was in line at No Frills with a couple of items. An older woman got behind me with a cart full of stuff and then there was another girl about my age with one thing and a middle aged guy with a cart full that kind of arrived to the line at the same time. The elderly lady told the girl to go ahead of her because she only had one item and the a$$hole guy went completely off on this elderly lady saying she wasn't being respectful to people in line because she let a young person go ahead of her and all this other crap about how she should have made her wait like the rest of the people that have to wait in lines...I was just in complete shock that this guy was yelling at an elderly lady for doing something nice! If I wasn't in shock I would have told this d!ck where to go. Seriously if your self entitled a$$ can't wait two seconds while someone pays for one thing then you should probably do grocery shopping at a time when it's less busy and you can get to the front of the line. But to actually yell at someone elderly of the opposite sex and at least twice your age is just a huge d!ck move right there. What is wrong with people???
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills
    Luisa_101, SFARAZ, ssbean and 2 others like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

People are jerks I would have taken my sweet time checking out if I was the elderly woman. I saw something similar happen at Metro a while back and the cashier pushed a call button, the manager came over and asked the person to leave the store
    jayne_a, ssbean, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I'm soooo annoyed STILL. I was in line at No Frills with a couple of items. An older woman got behind me with a cart full of stuff and then there was another girl about my age with one thing and a middle aged guy with a cart full that kind of arrived to the line at the same time. The elderly lady told the girl to go ahead of her because she only had one item and the a$$hole guy went completely off on this elderly lady saying she wasn't being respectful to people in line because she let a young person go ahead of her and all this other crap about how she should have made her wait like the rest of the people that have to wait in lines...I was just in complete shock that this guy was yelling at an elderly lady for doing something nice! If I wasn't in shock I would have told this d!ck where to go. Seriously if your self entitled a$$ can't wait two seconds while someone pays for one thing then you should probably do grocery shopping at a time when it's less busy and you can get to the front of the line. But to actually yell at someone elderly of the opposite sex and at least twice your age is just a huge d!ck move right there. What is wrong with people???
    I am heading into my senior years and must go along with you on this one. This move did not affect this man at all. He would have been in the same position in line had she moved up or not. It was just politeness on the older lady's part and I applaud her whole heartedly. I feel bad for her as she did not deserve this at all.
    GoJays, ssbean and Granger like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That guy is nuts and impatient.
    ssbean and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We are all going to get old eventually (we hope). My husband's aunt worked as a nurse in a hospital and she said that place was a fine example of why a person should practice some humility when they are younger. I treat all people with respect, but I have an extra amount of patience for elderly people, they've earned it.
    GoJays, ssbean, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

People like that have no respect for anyone....including themselves
    ssbean and cath007 like this.
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

what a jerk!
    ssbean likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I guess he showed everyone what an imbecile he is. Way to go dork!
    DaveP, ssbean and cath007 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Seems like an odd reaction to the circumstances. If the girl was ahead of him anyway, then how does it affect him? If the girl was behind him, then I guess he could get upset. Since he had a full cart and she only had one item, it seems a little petty to get upset.
    GoJays and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I've seen similar childish behaviour at the grocery store. The guy could be one of those over-the-top, self-entitled type-A jerks who was just pissed that there was a line at all and that everyone in the entire line didn't step aside to let him go first. I have had people cut in line in front of me with this kind of arrogant attitude before; it's too bad that the cashier didn't tell him where to go for insulting the poor woman
    Patty Smyth and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Thank goodness we have nobody like that here at SC.

Name:  Stiffler.gif
Views: 528
Size:  20.6 KB

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

what a doorknob-goodness please have respect for the elderly -your right this guy needs to shop when nobody is around like try midnight
    roseofblack25, DaveP and ssbean like this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Exactly! See there are these great things called 24 hour grocery stores! I would assume if you show up at like 11-midnight or so they will be empty. That way self entitled idiots can shop alone and be the first in line! Some people just drive me insane...Too bad I wasn't already paying as he started his explosive rant or I would have taken my sweet time counting change then not so politely told him where he could go if he started in on me being slow LOL! I like doing evil things to people like that...Like people that follow too closely when they drive because they want you to go faster. I just slow down more and see how long it takes until they get angry and go around me Sorry but if I for some reason need to slam on my breaks I don't want some idiot slamming into the back of me because of being too close...They can go around!
    GoJays, DaveP and ssbean like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    Exactly! See there are these great things called 24 hour grocery stores! I would assume if you show up at like 11-midnight or so they will be empty. That way self entitled idiots can shop alone and be the first in line! Some people just drive me insane...Too bad I wasn't already paying as he started his explosive rant or I would have taken my sweet time counting change then not so politely told him where he could go if he started in on me being slow LOL! I like doing evil things to people like that...Like people that follow too closely when they drive because they want you to go faster. I just slow down more and see how long it takes until they get angry and go around me Sorry but if I for some reason need to slam on my breaks I don't want some idiot slamming into the back of me because of being too close...They can go around!
    I hear you. But be careful, there are some really unstable people out there and you don't want to be near them when they really blow.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree the guy was a jerk and totally off base. I think that he probably would have "gone off" on the person, regardless of whether she was an elderly lady or a young man. All he saw was the line going "out of order" and didn't comprehend that he was in the same position even with the "switch".
    Patty Smyth and ssbean like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information