Like Tree451Likes

Thread: The US Presidential election thread

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    tonight is the vice president debate with biden and ryan

will you be watching? i am

hope ryan kicks ass
    I just hope it makes more sense than the Presidential debate.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

I'll be watching, if Ryan tells the truth and Biden shows up, we're already doing better than the last debate.
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Should be a good "show" if nothing else.

As for what has transpired since the debate, Big bird, Big Lies etc. it's all a shame.

I am not a fan of Ryan, kind of reminds me of John Edwards, a little too slick and he won't reveal his plan either . Can't get into the "math". Really, does he think the american public is that dumb?

The really good show is the Charbonneau commission into corruption in the construction industry and the connection to the MOB. Politics, mob, Rizzuto, socks stuffed with money. It's all good. Everyone is running for cover.

Quebec politics are much more colourful
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll wait for the highlights on Saturday night live... Joe Biden is sure to provide tons of material for comics
    anisa, Patty Smyth and i_forget like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I'll wait for the highlights on Saturday night live... Joe Biden is sure to provide tons of material for comics

I think he is hilarious and what's more is I don't think he gives a rats azz anymore if he makes blunders.

I secretly wish Ted Kennedy would have been well enough to be VP with Obama but then again he was already well along in years and he would probably not leave his beloved Mass.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Store owner depicts President Obama as a witch doctor in window display

The owner of a Spring Lake, New Jersey, clothing store erected a display depicting President Barack Obama as a witch doctor in the store's front window.
    The Skuby & Co. Lifestyle Clothing display features an Obama mask atop a Halloween skeleton. Below that sits an altered photo of Obama dressed as a witch doctor and a tombstone with the inscription, "I told you I was sick."
    According to New York's Fox 5 affiliate, the display has led to death threats against the store owner, Bill Skuby, who claims the display isn't racist. Skuby says it is a political comment about the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare.
    In an interview with WABC 7, Skuby said he has received calls both in support and against his display.
    "I don't think there's such a thing as bad publicity," Skuby said.
    Last month, a Texas homeowner "lynched" an empty chair, an apparent reference to Obama. When contacted by the left-leaning Burnt Orange Report about the chair, Bud Johnson replied, "You can take [your concerns] and go straight to hell and take Obama with you. I don't give a [expletive]. If you don't like it, don't come down my street." A short time later, Johnson removed the chair from his lawn.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

sighs....what ever happened to "respect the dignity of office even if you hate the president as a man"????

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

There's dignity in the office of the President of the United States?

Just a quick trip through my memories of the Presidents during my time alive, and I'm pretty sure there isn't any.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    There's dignity in the office of the President of the United States?

Just a quick trip through my memories of the Presidents during my time alive, and I'm pretty sure there isn't any.
    Well until this president the catch phrase was always, "respect the office" but this guy has been disrespected from the get go. It's all about the color, they can candy coat it anyway they want.
    anisa and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Well until this president the catch phrase was always, "respect the office" but this guy has been disrespected from the get go. It's all about the color, they can candy coat it anyway they want.
    Patty, you aren't suggesting Dubya was given respect by anyone on the American left, are you ?
    Don't get me wrong, I laughed right along with everyone else, but that man was mocked more than any man in US Presidential history.

This isn't unique to Obama.
    Last edited by DaveP; Thu, Oct 11th, 2012 at 06:46 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Patty, you aren't suggesting Dubya was given respect by anyone on the American left, are you ?
    Don't get me wrong, I laughed right along with everyone else, but that man was mocked more than any man in US Presidential history.

This isn't unique to Obama.
    Yes he was mocked, ridiculed, but he was no rocket scientist either. Obama is hated because he is black point finale, yes I really do beleive this.
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Yes he was mocked, ridiculed, but he was no rocket scientist either. Obama is hated because he is black point finale, yes I really do beleive this.
    Given some of the stuff out there, colour is the big definer in how some of the right see President Obama.

" His goriila-faced wife" " his hoes in training"" he probably pimps his daughters out like most of his kind"...

Let's not forget the "forged birth certifacte" and the fact he's a super secret muslim who's goona hand America to Saudi Arabia/Iran/UK/Canada/insert boogieman of the week..
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Maybe some of it is. But it's not limited to the Republicans.

On the weekend, a black actress dared to say she supported Romney & was accused by some Democrats as being a "traitor to her race" (many comments were far more vicious than that).

I wish folks on both sides would stop bringing race/religion/gender into the mix & let people vote for whomever they want to.
    DaveP likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Joe Biden For President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is this man , go Joe go!!!
    VeeVee likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Maybe some of it is. But it's not limited to the Republicans.

On the weekend, a black actress dared to say she supported Romney & was accused by some Democrats as being a "traitor to her race" (many comments were far more vicious than that).

I wish folks on both sides would stop bringing race/religion/gender into the mix & let people vote for whomever they want to.
    I saw that, this is just as wrong. 2 wrongs don't make a right that's for sure.

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information