User Tag List

Page 1327 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 327 827 1227 1277 1317 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1337 1377 1427 ... LastLast
Results 19,891 to 19,905 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, hicks - big dislike! Not only to slip and get hurt, but to not be able to get up for so long - I'm so sorry that happened to you. The one time I fell like that just getting out of the house, I was lucky that my son was with me so he could help get me up.

Hoping you rest and heal quickly!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, my good heavens, Hicks!!! I'm so, so sorry that you had that awful fall; believe me, anything can happen in a split second that could take away over a year of "normal" life! Thank goodness you didn't break anything!!! Someone was watching over you this morning. I hope your pain has lessened throughout the day and that you're resting comfortably.

From now on, please take your cell phone with you on walks; my Hubby started doing that after his heart-attack and subsequent stents, then a new mechanical valve. It's become a habit now: we each take our cell phones with us when we go for walks, although he ventures much farther from home than I do.

Take care, Hon...rest and don't try to do more than pain allows; that's one thing that was drummed into me in my year of physio: listen to your body...if it hurts, it's sending you a message: "Don't push me!" {{{hugs}}}

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks. I wish the pain had subsided; I can't even touch my foot to the floor. Honestly, I'm not convinced it's not broken, but if not, it's a really bad sprain.
    Even with T3s and ice, I still can't take any weight at all.
    Getting up out of the recliner, or off the couch is almost impossible. Once up, I sit on my office chair, and wheel myself to the bathroom, or where ever.
    On walks, I do take my cell, but this wasn't a walk, I just stepped out onto the deck.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Thanks. I wish the pain had subsided; I can't even touch my foot to the floor. Honestly, I'm not convinced it's not broken, but if not, it's a really bad sprain.
    Even with T3s and ice, I still can't take any weight at all.
    Getting up out of the recliner, or off the couch is almost impossible. Once up, I sit on my office chair, and wheel myself to the bathroom, or where ever.
    On walks, I do take my cell, but this wasn't a walk, I just stepped out onto the deck.
    Okay. Maybe it's time you went to emerg to have it x-rayed. There are so many tiny little bones in a foot/ankle that can break so easily, and you really need to know if there's a break or splinter anywhere. You really need to know, Hon.
    Can your son drive you to the hospital for an x-ray?

And can someone take Jake for a little while?
    Also, after your x-ray, you can request that someone come to check on you every day, walk Jake...there are services available for you to get the help you need, Hon....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Nov 8th, 2015 at 07:02 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

He thinks it's just a sprain, but we tried this morning anyway. I could't get down the stairs, to even get outside, where's there are more stairs, and then it would be impossible to climb into his truck.
    My ankle's the worst, it's the size of a grapefruit, but I twisted my knee and hip too, so I can't even lift my leg at all. Been icing everywhere on & off all day.
    It really svcks that I'm alone; can't even stand to make myself something to eat, and poor Jake. I can't play with him, walk him ..... He doesn't understand, and is scared of my chair rolling around.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hicks....we have seniors' services here that will help around the house, even dog-walking, when anyone is incapacitated for any length of time. Also, you need to call homecare to visit you each day since you're alone. Call 911 and get an ambulance to take you to the hospital for x-rays...I'm serious, Hicks...anything could have been nudged out of place and the time to get it looked after is now, not later...please?? We've had to call for an ambulance a couple of times when I had my hip to toe cast and had to go to appointments...it's what they do!! You are obviously in pain and immobile! They can help, Sweetheart!
    Do you have any neighbour who could walk Jake for you? Any teenagers in need of cash? How close does your son live? Can he drop by this evening to take Jake out?

You just have to get this looked at, Hon...I really can't stress that enough. I'm concerned that if anything needs doing, they can do it now, and at the very least, relieve your pain. AND start the ball rolling for home-care!

Please????? Pretty please???
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Nov 8th, 2015 at 07:28 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, my morning so far:

* 5:30 - went out back to let Jake pee
    * frost made deck slippery; went flying off the steps
    * 7:45 - finally able to get up & back indoors, but frozen
    * 8:15 - son examined me; twisted knee, pulled muscles, brused backside, and along with some scrapes, a severely sprained ankle
    * can't put any weight on it, can't drive ……………………
    * 9:00 - all set up @ my computer, and around a chair in the living room, so I can watch t.v., elevate my leg, and ice it

Oh, I'm having such a good day - NOT
    OMG, Hicks! This happened to my DH but luckily I was there at the time. He broke 6 ribs in 12 places. If you hurt, please get it checked out!
    22hicks, Lynn49, dededi and 1 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Geez avon., that's sounds really painful. I'm glad you were there for him
    Thanks you guys, you're the greatest. Lynn, I think you're right, so I think I'll call an ambulance in the a.m.
    I'm going to try to get into bed, & get some sleep.
    Night all.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Geez avon., that's sounds really painful. I'm glad you were there for him
    Thanks you guys, you're the greatest. Lynn, I think you're right, so I think I'll call an ambulance in the a.m.
    I'm going to try to get into bed, & get some sleep.
    Night all.
    Excellent, Hicks. Even a small fracture can mean bone chips floating around and that's never a good sign...we all want you back here with news that you got a clean bill of health from emerg in the morning. And maybe some super-duper pain pills... Take good care, Hon...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning gang!! Time to get the yawns all out, and get this thread buzzing! happy Monday all!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

39 members and 1106 guests

there are only 39 members here? man I should go back to bed maybe when the late breakfast crowd arrives!? ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone. I hope your ankle is better today hicks if not you really should go to the hospital and get it checked outName:  189631-Oh-No-Monday-Again.gif
Views: 94
Size:  99.6 KB

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning folks! This is early for me. Doggie has snuggled up under the covers. It's COLD in here. DH likes the window open at night. I have put the fireplace on to warm up the living room.

It will be a busy day as we prepare for my cousin's funeral on Thursday. I will be conducting the service and I need some very quiet time to prepare it. Unbelievable legal hoops for the family to jump through!

My church choir has been asked to sing a hymn, "The Prayer" (Celine Dionne and Andrea Bochelli sang it together.) I sang it to her in the hospital and her sister felt her vitals settled a bit last week. And church women will prepare some food for after the ceremony if we need them to. Many decisions have to be made today.

The sun is shining brilliantly. Enjoy your day, everyone!

I am hoping that Hicks is in the capable hands of a doctor as we speak!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning everyone!
    Sunny, but chilly out today.
    DANGER

Thread Information