User Tag List

Page 1560 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 560 1060 1460 1510 1550 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1570 1610 1660 ... LastLast
Results 23,386 to 23,400 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My internet went down early this afternoon, and just came back up a little while ago. I wonder if the heat affected it. The whole area was down.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Sorry to hear that Hicks. I hate when that happens.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, Walks, Hicks, Natalka....apparently what I have is a pinched nerve just above my left hip area. I took pain meds just to get to our doc and he gave me muscle relaxants and boy, I've been relaxed to the point of sleeping the rest of the day away! I was only awake for dinner. The stuff helps take the big edge off, and he also suggested a massage therapist. Good thing I have an appt with a chiropractor tomorrow, since this group has two massage therapists. I also went for x-rays on that hip after his appointment. Well, he described it perfectly, 'a searing pain' and by the time we got home, my meds had worn off and I was in tears with every step I took getting from the van into the house. Thank God for my Hubby!
    @22hicks , I hope all power has been restored where you are; I've heard something about a 'power grid' shutting down with excessive demands on it such as everyone running their air conditioners. If it cools down a little tonight everyone should get some relief from the heat. It was also in the low 30s here but I didn't see much of it.
    @walkonby , keep up the great work you two are doing to stay healthy; I must say, however, you're looking a little fluffier these days...

Off to watch more of the Olympics, take one more muscle relaxant and crash for the night.

Sweet dreams, everyone!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@Lynn49 - I'm so glad you went to the doctor's. Nice to have a diagnosis, and the proper meds to help deal with the pain. I hope you sleep well.

Well, this Jays game svcks !!! Who is this Feldman guy? I guess they traded for him when I was away, but I think they should send him back from wherever he game from.

It looked like it was going to rain a couple of hours ago, but the sky's cleared, so I guess not.

I realized that I never finished my deep fishing story. The only negative, that going out, over the waves, didn't help my back, hips, or leg much, but I did catch a 47 lb. Jack.
    It looked something like this guy's.

Name:  Unknown-2.jpeg
Views: 93
Size:  9.3 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Too bad the Jays lost.

But I thought this was cool -

Saskatchewan girl, 11, throws 1st pitch at Blue Jays game

Bella Arcand was selected by the Children's Miracle Network to throw first pitch

Bella Arcand, from the Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, about 135 kilometres north of Saskatoon, was selected by the Children's Miracle Network to make the big pitch (August 9).

Her mother surprised her with the news at a Dairy Queen, which helped to make the opportunity happen, in Saskatoon on July 20.

Arcand was diagnosed with Rasmussen's encephalitis, a rare inflammatory neurological disease. It left her, an avid baseball player, struggling with daily seizures, and in 2013 she required major brain surgery.

The opportunity couldn't have come at a better time for Arcand, who was hospitalized back in the winter because of recurring seizures.
    "She's been suffering from seizures and they returned in November and with those came headaches and we've been dealing with those. We couldn't control the headaches so they hospitalized her," Lafond said.
    But for the past few weeks, all distraction aside, Arcand, who has been playing baseball since she was five, has been working on her pitch for her moment in the spotlight.

Bella in centre

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...game-1.3714302
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Aug 10th, 2016 at 02:47 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.
    Glad you went to the doctor and got a diagnosis Lynn, Those muscle relaxants should really help.Name:  1376192c0s5xp3cxf.gif
Views: 83
Size:  49.7 KB

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning everyone
    DANGER

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning fellow peeps. I hope you have an awesome day.

Name:  a hug on Wed..jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  12.2 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Name:  13938402_10155187640903228_7914299226320706347_n.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  29.5 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Agreed, time goes WAY too quickly!

Lynn, sure hope the meds are helping you! Massage should ease out the pinched nerve nicely. I remember when I had prescription muscle relaxants, they made me loopy, but did their job!

Well, I ended up sleeping in the evening yesterday, so I started my 'day' around midnight, went to have a sleep around four, and ended up staying in bed but not sleeping much - so I'll have to try nap again mid-morning.

It's raining here - again - though you know I don't like the heat, I would not mind seeing the sun!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just had a fantastic phone call.

Evidently, I won 680's News' contest for a free garage door and opener, including installation.
    I'm so happy since my door opener is broken. The door is almost 40 years old.

This is the first win I've had on 680.
    Thank you 680 News.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Congratulations, @22hicks!!! A VERY nice, and timely win for you!!
    And yes..June and July did only last 5 minutes!!

@Natalka, yes, this stuff relaxes me into a very nice sleep; this morning I took them again and am feeling light as air, lol...no worries.. I hope the chiropractor or massage therapist can help. I normally don't like people touching me (except for hugs..I'm a hugger), but if it means this pain may go away, then I'll grit my teeth and get through it.

Another sunny, hot day, which is lovely....26 now, heading up to 30, but with humidity, unfortunately.

Have a lovely day, everyone!!!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yesterday I missed my appointment at Princess Margaret. I spent the day in emerg at Ajax-Pickering hospital as I became dehydrated & quite dizzy. I suspect it was unrelenting food poisoning. I was in a terrible way, I couldn't even keep water down. My mobility is not so good & I didn't want to experience another falling episode, so I had to go to the hospital via ambulance. At the hospital they took very good care of me & I was placed on IV fluids. I am glad I am feeling better.

@Lynn49 - I am so glad that you are feeling better.

@22hicks - Way to go with that win from 680 News!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    I just had a fantastic phone call.

Evidently, I won 680's News' contest for a free garage door and opener, including installation.
    I'm so happy since my door opener is broken. The door is almost 40 years old.

This is the first win I've had on 680.
    Thank you 680 News.
    That is fabulous; congrats!
    22hicks, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Yesterday I missed my appointment at Princess Margaret. I spent the day in emerg at Ajax-Pickering hospital as I became dehydrated & quite dizzy. I suspect it was unrelenting food poisoning. I was in a terrible way, I couldn't even keep water down. My mobility is not so good & I didn't want to experience another falling episode, so I had to go to the hospital via ambulance. At the hospital they took very good care of me & I was placed on IV fluids. I am glad I am feeling better.

@Lynn49 - I am so glad that you are feeling better.

@22hicks - Way to go with that win from 680 News!
    Good heavens, Loocie!!Thank goodness you had a way to get to the hospital and get the treatment you needed!
    Are you feeling weak today? That must have taken the wind right out of your sails!!
    Where did you feel your food poisoning came from?

Take care, Sweetie...Group HUG!!!
    22hicks and dededi like this.

Thread Information