User Tag List

Page 304 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 404 804 1304 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Abby, you don't NEED to purchase these elaborate gifts. A lot of people think it's all about the gift, and it's not. Gifts are opened and the entire fiasco is over within 10 or 15 minutes for most families. For me anyway, in our family, it can take an hour or more, we watch each other open the gift and then the hugs and kisses go around. The best gifts are those that come from the heart, not the store.

Try making some wonderful cookies, jams or salsa's. Put them in pretty jars and attach the recipe. These are great gifts for friends, older family members and colleagues. As for the children, a simple gift and an outfit is great. I really dislike it when people get so stressed about money and getting the perfect gifts at Christmas.

Don't do that to yourself. You will enjoy the season so much more if you look for creative ways and things for gifts instead of thinking about $$$ you need. A gift from the heart is always the best gift
    Natalka and angel_2011 like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Abby, Holly is 100% right!! Don't stress yourself out over Christmas, it's supposed to be a happy time!! Hand made gifts are 1000 times better than something store bought... unless it's a Coach purse... or a kitchen aid mixer... anyway lol... 80% of my gifts will be home made this year. I just don't have the cash to buy a bunch of stuff.

And here's a little spam for y'all... SC kids secret santa is up!! You can sign up HERE
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

oy, christmas shopping - i haven't even made a list yet of what to buy the kids. When it was just DS, we used to spoil him - now that DD is here as well, I put a budget of $100 on each kid. DS wants anything superhero related - he'd even be happy with superhero stickers. DD is in love with dora and bubble guppies. Hubby is just gonna get clothes - I don't know what to get him - oh and prob cologne. What else do guys want????

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

sheets - i was wondering about that exchange - how much does it normally cost with all expenses included? (gifts, postage, insurance)?

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    sheets - i was wondering about that exchange - how much does it normally cost with all expenses included? (gifts, postage, insurance)?
    It really varies... I usually budget about $30 for the whole thing, including the gifts and postage. If you're sending within your own province it's cheaper than sending to a different province... it's really hard to even guess!
    hollyquaiscer and angel_2011 like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

GAH another headache...it has to be this light at work....Is it Dec 21 yet?? 2 glorious weeks away from work starting DEC 21! AND paid! Company bonus lol
    hollyquaiscer and angel_2011 like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

ugh.

I smashed my ipod this morning.

And of course it happens just after DH nagged me to get a case because "one of the kids are going to break it".

F-bomb. It's not even 2 months old. That was over $300 well spent. DH said we can get the screen fixed for about $100. At least he's not the "I told you" type. Just so annoyed at myself.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I think I need a good cry fest. lol. These past few days have sucked.

And DH just announced he might be leaving again next month. He didn't have many specifics about the job though.

Gotta stay positive. I have a night out with the girls planned for Saturday night. Hopefully that helps a bit.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Aw Lola, big hugs being sent your way girl! When it rains it pours A night out will do you good!!
    Abby5 likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I love nights out! Good for you! Think positive

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Abby, you don't NEED to purchase these elaborate gifts. A lot of people think it's all about the gift, and it's not. Gifts are opened and the entire fiasco is over within 10 or 15 minutes for most families. For me anyway, in our family, it can take an hour or more, we watch each other open the gift and then the hugs and kisses go around. The best gifts are those that come from the heart, not the store.

Try making some wonderful cookies, jams or salsa's. Put them in pretty jars and attach the recipe. These are great gifts for friends, older family members and colleagues. As for the children, a simple gift and an outfit is great. I really dislike it when people get so stressed about money and getting the perfect gifts at Christmas.

Don't do that to yourself. You will enjoy the season so much more if you look for creative ways and things for gifts instead of thinking about $$$ you need. A gift from the heart is always the best gift

Gifts are a huge deal to my extended family. I am going to try to get everything for them at Shoppers. As for colleagues they get gift cards. Which can add up very fast. I am thinking pf getting them Starbuck mug sets from Costco-will be a little cheaper.?? The kids want Root's jogging pants ($50 each)My 1 ds needs shoes (2 pairs) and 2 ds wants a trick scooter (his cheaper one is toast!) so I will be lucky at $300 each. I have always got them Hallmark ordiments since they were born. I usually go to Black Friday and get everything for $800 but I am not going this year so it will be a lot more expensive
    I am thinking of letting them buy each others stocking stuff for $10 each at the dollar store.(picking names out of a hat)
    I do baking for a bake sale my sister organizes for a charity group-- but I don't think I will be able to afford it this year
    I have only saved $300 so far

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hi everybody

early, early weekend for me...had to take today off to fix some things around the place...
    annual physical tomorrow...fun times!

lots on the schedule, check back in later.
    have a great afternoon peeps.
    Natalka and hollyquaiscer like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Lola, hope your weekend is better then your week!
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We do a secret santa in my family, each adult gets one gift from the other adults in the family (parents buy for their adult kids and those kids their parents if they wish but for the extended family its strictly secret santa). I have my sister this year and she really wants a spa day, 2 young kids is taking its toll. Since I wont be home for xmas, I am treating both my sisters so she has someone to go with. They will send her a mini christmas tree a few days before xmas with the GC

We don't do gifts for any family here, so just our work secret santas to get and some friends (all ordered already, just waiting for them to arrive) and I am done
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post

We don't do gifts for any family here, so just our work secret santas to get and some friends (all ordered already, just waiting for them to arrive) and I am done
    I would be that some friends correct lol I know I am woot woot lol
    *by the way I am not jsut some friends...I am some bestie friends!* lol

Thread Information