User Tag List

Page 525 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 25 425 475 515 523 524 525 526 527 535 575 625 1025 1525 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Lindsbeth, it must be so nice to have that over with!! Saying a prayer that you heal quickly
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lindsbeth112984 View Post
    Well I made it home. Got home like 30 minutes ago. Went well, was able to eat some popsicles & get quite a bit of water down in the hospital. Now that I am home though, I feel so swollen. Like I could kinda talk in the hospital, not now. Awful pain. It's gonna be worth it though!
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Wed, Feb 6th, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Natalka, Shop Girl and coyote00 like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Morning everyone!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Morning everyone. It's hump day...for me the week is going to quickly. Really hot again yesterday so we spent the afternoon at the pool. So did half the park
    Shop Girl and coyote00 like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Lindsbeth...hope your night was okay and your day even better.

We've been up since five. Nothing going on today. It's been a relaxing morning so far.

I am hoping my hubby come home with a pay check today it is now two days late...I would like to balance our books. he works for a VERY small company.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

2 days late???? No matter how small the company, that's sure not fair for you guys. It's hard to plan to pay bills and such if your not sure when the paycheck is coming in. I hope that doesn't happen to often.
    coyote00 likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Morning everyone! My journey to find a lawyer I like and can afford starts today...the lawyer that I used before charges $495/hr. So even though I really loved her..I can't do that! I need min of 8-15 hrs of work. Going to see one today gives free 1/2hr for info. She charges $250/hr so better. I am making app'ts with 2 others to see what one I like. Legal aid only does cattle call..just to see if I qualify. 9-3 every day. But they said people line up before 5am! And you are not always even seen. I called and the clerk said sometimes all the spaces are filled before 930 am and those are with the people from 5am or earlier! Then they wait all day long just to be told no you don't qualify Maybe if I did not work full time I could do that but there is no way..and court house is not even in my city
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! The night was pretty brutal honestly. I'm on meds every 4 hours. I finally got to sleep a bit between the 2:30am-6:30am ones. Now waiting for 10:30, I get to take all three.. antibiotics, pain meds & steroids. Excited to start the steroids, because that should help with the uvula swelling! Then I hope to take a nap. Hope you all have a great day!
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Abby, have a look for the phone number for the Ontario Bar Association. I'm not sure about Ontario, but in Alberta, the Bar Association can give you the number of practicing lawyers (to be) and sometimes if it is not something that requires the expertise of an experienced lawyer (such as a dui or something), you can get a much better deal on the work you need done. Or perhaps, have you considered just hiring a paralegal and helping to act for yourself?
    Shop Girl, coyote00 and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Abby, stay away from legal aid, you will be wasting your time.
    Unless you are on welfare, legal aid pretty much is like a loan for a lawyer.
    An old friend needed it for a custody matter a few years ago and even though she had less money on her Maternity benefits and CCTB that she would on welfare, she did not qualify for the free service, and had to go through loops to even get approved. Once she finally got approved, she was told she would have to make monthly payments to cover her expenses to the lawyer, all she got was a discounted rate (as legal aid lawyers generally charge less) and her lawyer was garbage. She had no choice there because not all lawyers accept legal aid.

If you and your ex can work things out without going through a lawyer, that would be best. A divorce in Ontario can be taken care of without the needs of a lawyer if both parties are able to be be fair and civil.
    hollyquaiscer and coyote00 like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

The paychecks are usually late. His employer has been very good to us as far as flexibility for his working hours so I try not to complain. But it really irks me. I like to get our biweekly budget in order and it weighs on my mind if I don't. He will be done working there in a month, so only a couple of paychecks left. I go back to work on March 1 and he will be home during the day and will increase his contract work during off hours and summers.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Abby, have a look for the phone number for the Ontario Bar Association. I'm not sure about Ontario, but in Alberta, the Bar Association can give you the number of practicing lawyers (to be) and sometimes if it is not something that requires the expertise of an experienced lawyer (such as a dui or something), you can get a much better deal on the work you need done. Or perhaps, have you considered just hiring a paralegal and helping to act for yourself?
    Thanks Holly He is being a real jerk right now. I feel he will try have me come out with nothing
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kw01ai View Post
    The paychecks are usually late. His employer has been very good to us as far as flexibility for his working hours so I try not to complain. But it really irks me. I like to get our biweekly budget in order and it weighs on my mind if I don't. He will be done working there in a month, so only a couple of paychecks left. I go back to work on March 1 and he will be home during the day and will increase his contract work during off hours and summers.
    That really sucks..I plan everything around mine
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Abby, stay away from legal aid, you will be wasting your time.
    Unless you are on welfare, legal aid pretty much is like a loan for a lawyer.
    An old friend needed it for a custody matter a few years ago and even though she had less money on her Maternity benefits and CCTB that she would on welfare, she did not qualify for the free service, and had to go through loops to even get approved. Once she finally got approved, she was told she would have to make monthly payments to cover her expenses to the lawyer, all she got was a discounted rate (as legal aid lawyers generally charge less) and her lawyer was garbage. She had no choice there because not all lawyers accept legal aid.

If you and your ex can work things out without going through a lawyer, that would be best. A divorce in Ontario can be taken care of without the needs of a lawyer if both parties are able to be be fair and civil.
    Thanks for the advice He is not being fair or civil right now and he is the one that wants this! So I feel I need one to protect my assets and my rights. I think he would like to see me come out with nothing...he says that is what I deserve
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Aw Abby! The additional cost is not an added stress you need. I just did my will and POA, we went through a lawyer. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You shouldn't have to put up with that. Here's hoping you find a good deal and something brightens your dreary day.
    Shop Girl, Abby5 and coyote00 like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Thread Information