User Tag List

Page 1451 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 451 951 1351 1401 1441 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1461 1501 1551 ... LastLast
Results 21,751 to 21,765 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, husband has been okay since he's been home. I made him eat something right away, so he had a sandwich, then he had a few bowls of homemade soup at supper.
    He'll see the doc again Thursday. At least what we do know from recent testing, is that it's not his brain, heart, or blood pressure.

Lynn, my husband 'saw the light' about going to the doctor about a year ago - when there were things he could no longer ignore. Before that, he'd go if I made him. He just had to realize he wasn't 25 anymore.

I did have to stop him from working around the house today - of course, he thought since he had the time... (doh!)
    I said just park your butt and watch movies, or nap. He chose the former.

Well, hope all of you have a good sleep tonight!

22hicks, cabmonk, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

cabbie, there is a possibility a cough like that could be allergies.
    22hicks, cabmonk and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Guests have retired, doggie is dozing - dh went to bed but kept up with us for most of the evening. These are dear friends who " know all the stories -old and new." It'seems just like the old joke about prisoners who would just yell out numbers and every would laugh because all the jokes had been told so many times that they all just had numbers and everyone knew which joke was being told.
    One of us can just say, remember that canoe trip and the potato salad? Gales of laughter!! But we have to be careful because dh has only shared those references for 13 years - the rest of us ....more like 35 years.
    Wonderful dinner provided by them - down to the last detail. Even ukulele lessons.
    One of my friends conquered breast cancer last year and so shares the path with dh that only those who have been there can share.

I should wind down.

Nat, I hope your hubby feels better- if he won't stay still - try a bungie cord.
    Lynn- if the poor kitty has no cast, just what did they do? Prognosis for healing time?

Our dog went to the vet today - 4 vaccinations and 2 anal gland expressions and a blood test and he was ready to spit in my eye! But he's fine and he got a new TAG! He LOVES licking his tags !

I know strange animal - takes after his owner - at being strange -I don't OFTEN lick dog tags -at least not in public! SHHHH!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Nat I don't know, I even went to doctor. I cough after a shower, I cough right before bed, I cough when I wake up.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning folks.
    No rain here...just yet.
    Have a great day peeps.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn! I had close to two hours' sleep, was up at 1:30. Blame it on having a darned 15 minute nap in the evening, gah!

Little bit more snow coming today, just enough to keep things white I suppose.

LOL, @avoncallingu - about the bungee cord! I had gone to bed first last night, and when I got up this morning, there was some work done in the bathroom which I told the husband NOT to do. Sheesh! More like I need a straight jacket for him!

Have a great day, everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

GoodName:  c3413bc5c7921d4818057a8e13aa42d0.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  14.6 KB morning everyone.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.
    Went out 4 dinner & to the Leaf's game yesterday.
    My 1st this year, but it was a good one to go to - they won.
    But this morning I have a sledge hammer banging in my head, and I have an appt. soon.
    I'll have to catch up later; gotta get moving.
    I hope you all have a good day; the week's half over.

Name:  bad morn.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  35.5 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

First if all, Cabmonk, what you're describing is a seasonal allergy. A tickly, dry cough, non-productive, iykwim, as soon as your head hits the pillow you cough, the humidity of your shower makes you cough, yep....allergies and like mine, it just came on out if the blue...bam! You have allergies!
    Return to your doc and get a nice little puffer or two ( a control one and a rescue one ) because what you describe is exactly what season allergies do. Good thing they're seasonal. IMHO, of course but it took soooo long for me to go to a doctor, then get diagnosed I was so weak from loss of sleep it was scary.
    Hope that helps, Hon.
    Oh. And one more point.....when I already knew that this happens in spring, I once went to our doc early February with that cough and he said "allergy time" and I said, "But it's February!", and he said, "Yep...it's when all you people show up!" It seems WE are the first signs of spring!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello everyone else!

Another dull day here but no rain so far.

Avoncallingyou, they did perform surgery on the little tyke, the incision is on her inner thigh of her back right leg...I imagine she has pins in it, but nope, no cast. We wish she did have one, then she wouldn't need her cone or be cooped up in a dog crate. But, I guess the docs know what they're doing.....
    I'm so, so happy that you're having such a wonderful time with your friends!

Natalka, love these Robax platinum pills....yesterday morning the pain was returning so I reached for the box, hoping (!) they weren't 12-hr pills.....whew...4hour on the dot, I needed another one! Then one before bed....thanks again!

22hicks....I hope your headache has disappeared...that's not a happy way to start the day.

The kids and kitty are on the way home, a check-up appt later this month, and if I feel up to it, I'll sew those squares together for the quilt top....orrrrr....I'm contemplating making two cuts thru each one again, then doing a flip of the two side pieces, sewing those together for a "disappearing windmill square". Then sewing all those together! Perhaps....

Have a great day, everyone!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I do have allergies I know. But this happens every day no matter what season never ending. It's a pain but it usually only happens few times a day. I will see again what I can do thanks.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    I do have allergies I know. But this happens every day no matter what season never ending. It's a pain but it usually only happens few times a day. I will see again what I can do thanks.
    Allergies are a proctological nuisance, that's for sure.....evidently yours isn't dependent on the seasons, so you'll have to use your puffer(s) religiously every day for relief. At least in the beginning you'll need them daily, then I've found I could taper off for a while (read: getting too lazy to use them); your body gets really tired of trying to fight it...you need to give it the relief it needs so that it can concentrate on other thing...
    Good luck, Hon.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was at Princess Margaret Hospital yesterday. I took a couple of pictures. MY DH & I always bring our lunch as I am there for an entire day. We eat on the 18th floor & have access to a toaster, kettle & microwave. We bring soup & warm it up along with a sandwich. Druxy's is ridiculously expensive & we seldom eat lunch there. So we have a beautiful view of the city in one of the board rooms & have a nice lunch together. It was a rough day for me yesterday.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning one and all! Already afternoon, have no idea where the last few hours went? @avoncallingu , it was so enjoyable reading about your gathering of friends that share the same funny memories, in those cases often the laughter is so infectious that the mere mention of a key word in the story is all it takes right? So nice to make the time to have those sorts of get togethers.
    @Natalka I will agree " it's tough to keep a good man down !" when it comes to your DH who could and should be resting but insists on fixing things at home....hope his dizziness has gone now.
    @cabmonk ....coughing fits that never want to leave? Yeah, I would most certainly take the time to investigate that with your Dr. @Lynn49 , too bad Kitty did not get a cast, that would have been a much easier fix for her dashing around until that leg heals. Aw poor baby will be in Crate Jail until further notice eh?

Very grateful to my Physio and Chiro gals who really encourage me to " MAKE TIME " for the stretches. They must have been what helped this minor back ache tweak improve so fast! So much so that I was able to do my swim this a.m. AND got to try out my new Prescription Swimming goggles! It was just wonderful to actually read the clock on the wall without squinting and guessing at the time.
    So NO MORE dabbling with DH's evil weight machine for me... @SavvyLady I think you are right....exercise kills!

bwahahahaha!!
    Have a fab day everyone!

babies teach us acceptance

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Guinness and Onion Soup with Irish Cheddar Crouton

2 tablespoons olive oil
    5 cloves garlic, minced
    8 cups thinly sliced yellow onions (about 2 large onions)
    Salt
    1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
    1/4 cup sherry
    1 1/2 cups Guinness Draught
    6 cups beef stock
    1 bay leaf
    Country bread loaf, cut into six 1/2-inch thick slices, then toasted
    1/2 lb Irish Cheddar, thinly sliced
    Heat the olive oil in a 6 quart Dutch oven over high heat. Stir in the garlic and cook until just fragrant. Add the onions, season with salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Reduce the heat to medium-low and saute the onions for another 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until they are a deep amber color.
    Add the thyme, sherry and beer. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half, then add the beef stock and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for 20 more minutes.
    Meanwhile, preheat the broiler and set out individual oven-proof soup bowls. Discard the bay leaf, then use a ladle to transfer the soup to the individual bowls. Top with toasted bread slices, then 3-4 slices of the cheddar cheese. Broil until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned. Serve piping hot.

Thread Information