User Tag List

Page 1482 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 482 982 1382 1432 1472 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1492 1532 1582 ... LastLast
Results 22,216 to 22,230 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Walkonby, you just scare me on that thing!! DH took his motorcycle out today without telling me when he went for coffee with "the guys"!! He didn't want to scare me.....I love summer, but I'm not particularly fond of scooter-weather!!

I'm stuck on here watching DD's flight on the "Flightaware" site...heading into a little rain over Wisconsin...
    Oh was it EVER amazing!! There was a huge patch of thunderstrorms over the Denver/Colorado area and the pilot veered off course to the south to avoid hitting the bottom edge of it...from 80 degrees, turning south to about 67 degrees, he or she finally got back on course over Wisconsin...it's was amazing to see that course-correction!! Anyhoodles...they land just after 9pm...then an hour lay-over, then the 45 minute flight home....our GS will be sleeping in his own bed tonight....

Off to keep track!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow...it's way off track...heading south instead of north ... I shouldn't be watching this.....
    22hicks and avoncallingu like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Wow...it's way off track...heading south instead of north ... I shouldn't be watching this.....
    Too bad you sent Jack home tonight. He and your DH may have quite a wait if they're delayed too long.
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow...it's way off track...heading south instead of north ... I shouldn't be watching this.....Okay..it changed its approach: instead of overflying To and turning south to approach from the north, it's approaching from the south!! Gads!!!

LANDED!! Whew!!! I think my white hair just turned whiter!!
    Thanks for keeping me company!!!!

Now I think a 2 rather than 1 hr layover in TO before their flight home...they must be exhausted.

It was nice having you or whoever is out there...to talk to....
    22hicks, avoncallingu and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm listening @Lynn49
    Boy, you sound relieved.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Too bad you sent Jack home tonight. He and your DH may have quite a wait if they're delayed too long.

Oh, Hicks...they wanted to wake up with their little boy there and goodness....he's so excited knowing he'll wake up with them at home!!
    They only live about 3 blocks away, and DH is quite comfy in our former home...the Jays game is on..he's probably made himself a coffee by now...he's so easy-going, honestly, if they got home at 2am he'd be fine...

But WHEW!!! They landed safely! AT 9:11, their scheduled time...and the route was supposed to take them north of Toronto, then a sharp turn south into the airport, but when I saw it heading towards the lake I think I stopped breathing until I saw it hitch north again towards the airport! This Mom shall now have a glass of wine!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm listening @Lynn49
    Boy, you sound relieved.

I don't know why I always do that...I mean...I shouldn't....but honestly, just knowing they're safely back in Canada WITH, hopefully, the unpasturized honey she bought me that the resort makes, getting thru customs......is such a relief. They must be SO done! They stayed an extra two days at the resort to decompress, play golf, relax by the pool, watch dolphins and whales cavort....yep...rough life the brats!!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Maybe you should take another deep breath, and have a few glasses.
    Ok, back to the game.

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 87
Size:  12.4 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Maybe you should take another deep breath, and have a few glasses.
    Ok, back to the game.

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 87
Size:  12.4 KB
    Um...well...I poured my wine into a tumbler...shhhhh....I've turned down glasses of wine that were in those no-stem configurations until they were put in proper glasses!!
    So don't tell anyone. I have one more leg of this journey to go with them...I need to relax...

Thanks so much for keeping me company 22Hicks....BTW...how do you do that @22hicks thingy??

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Late to the party, but gee Lynn, I could never follow a flight like that - it would drive me crazy!

I've just been waiting for the results of the Manitoba election - looks like the Conservatives have finally gotten rid of the NDP there.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Late to the party, but gee Lynn, I could never follow a flight like that - it would drive me crazy!

I've just been waiting for the results of the Manitoba election - looks like the Conservatives have finally gotten rid of the NDP there.
    .....yep. Drove me crazy, Natalka. I should just check in when it's time for the plane to land...but I love watching flights! When we flew to Rome and back, other people were watching movies, etc, and I was watching our flight-path! Yes...a flight geek. I love, love planes and Sweetie...when they over-fly a football field.....second best feeling in the world!!! Did I just say that? Or was it...the wine...???

So on to your elections...is that a good thing or a bad thing, that the NDP have been shoved aside? Decisively? Would your former NDP premier be a candidate for the party leadership?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, I think it's a good thing any time the NDP isn't in power - anywhere.

Our former NDP premier in Sask. is pretty old by now, he's probably just sitting at home reading his bible (he was a preacher).

Here from our recent election, the man who was the leader of the NDP didn't win his seat, so he resigned as leader. There's not an interim leader, and they will have to have another leadership race - the last three times they had a leader, he didn't even get a seat in the legislature so they have had to go through this process.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

btw, in case hicks doesn't see your question - if you use the @ thingee, it shows up on a member's Mentions list, so they can check back on that thread, instead of maybe missing something.

So if I use @Lynn49 during this message, it will show up on your notifications. For some members, you have to watch for spacing or underline marks in their user name.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka...I just peeked...that's a very decisive result for the PC party a majority 40 at the moment, out of 56 seats! Did the NDP have a majority before this? I'm trying to poke around the CBC site...

Evidently the southern half of your province made the decision for Sask, aside from the southern tip of Kiwatinook...quite a lot like Ontario wrt divisions...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Apr 19th, 2016 at 10:01 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    btw, in case hicks doesn't see your question - if you use the @ thingee, it shows up on a member's Mentions list, so they can check back on that thread, instead of maybe missing something.

So if I use @Lynn49 during this message, it will show up on your notifications. For some members, you have to watch for spacing or underline marks in their user name.

Thanks, Nat...so if I use: @Natalka...you'll receive a notice?? Did you?

Oh, I see that it did! THANK YOU!!! YOU, Lady, possess a wealth of information!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Apr 19th, 2016 at 09:53 PM.

Thread Information