User Tag List

Page 1472 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 472 972 1372 1422 1462 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1482 1522 1572 ... LastLast
Results 22,066 to 22,080 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    who woke up at 3:15 a.m. and feels wide awake?? ugh.......
    I was up just after two, I know - gah!
    I watched a cooking show, played with the kitties, cut up pork and made a marinade for it for supper.
    Hoping I can get back to sleep when I wake up my husband for work.

Have a great day, everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  Happy-thursday-daily-quote.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  13.0 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning peeps.

Busy day ahead for me today. The installer is coming @ 9 to do a final measurement for my new front doors; Jake goes in for grooming; I have lunch plans; then, a tour of a neighbourhood retirement facility. No, I'm not going into a home, but I'm checking it out with a friend. She lost her DH recently, and is considering it; then another friend is coming over for dinner and a movie (plus I want to see the series finale of American Idol).
    Whew, I'm tired already.

I hope you have a great day. Keep warm and dry.

Name:  thurs 2.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  12.5 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

p.s. @Lynn49 - you can come stay with me for a few days if you want.
    So, come on down.

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 108
Size:  9.7 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Morning, everyone. You might have noticed the absence of the word, "good".
    We have as much snow today as we've had all winter. DH is...okay, was snow blowing...he just asked me to check to see if both augers are moving...only one is, so work has come to a halt. Guess we'll have to wait until the + temps next week to take care of it. Of course, DH will have to fix the thing if he can....

Avon, 22hicks...I'm considering packing. The kids will be flying to California next week as part of her reward at work....boy, talk about good timing!! Brats.

I'm on my iPad, which I don't like typing on...will check back after breakfast.
    Stay safe, everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello!
    Our lovely weather: 11 collisions by 1pm today; thank God DD cancelled her out of town trip to another bank she goes to every Thursday!

DH walked to the pool hall for a coffee with 'the guys', trying to get his 10,000 steps in, and DD has taken the afternoon off.

ASK me if I'm impressed with this winter weather. Nevemind...I think you can guess. I'm catatonic, have cabin-fever and this is too depressing! You should hear the wind out there, destroying hubby's snowblowing efforts (yes, he got it going again). So terribly sad....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Apr 7th, 2016 at 01:10 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh my Lynn!! THAT was a nasty bit of weather to happen so quickly. I think some drivers already removed their snow tires thinking winter was gone. SURPRISE!! ( and not a nice surprise ) What a relief for you that your DD took the day off, who needs stressing about her on the road in those conditions?
    Today has gone splendidly for me here, 2 hours at the " other " pool early this morning where I have actually met some nice regulars. If you are not careful you can spend more time chatting and less time swimming! hee hee. Got home and made up cabbage rolls for the guys but removed some of the mixture before adding the rice to theirs so DD and I could have some " lazy cabbage " portions.
    Soon it will be nap time!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello Folks!
    Back from London. I'm pooped. I have to remember to take my EXTRA warm night clothes AND and extra blanket next time. I FROZE all night and wasn't awake enough to get up and put on all the clothes I had taken with me - which might have worked.

DH's meeting went well - nothing needed to be tweeked - confirmation that we are full steam ahead through 4 rounds before a CT scan unless something strange happens. His platelets are down "somewhat" but to be checked before chemo next week.

DH was very enthusiastic about continuing and was reassured that even if this "concoction" doesn't work, there is a plan B.

The oncology nurse was very positive in encouraging to keep our eyes on the future and look forward to DSIL's wedding in August and our proposed cruise in Sept.

I received another call from a fellow who is investigating hiring me to perform his wedding this Sept. He and his wife had a "destination" wedding in Cuba but realize that it is not legal and so will plan another celebration for this fall. Easy Peasey! They may even use the vows they already wrote.

Doggie is very happily back from the sitters. He is showing some diahrrea (how the heck do you spell that?) again but I think he'll be fine now that he's home.

Tomorrow we have my friends from Waterloo and Collingwood coming, DSIL and her fiance and the dreaded(by our old doggie) "Peaches" the puppy, the nurse and heaven knows who else.

Walks, maybe your next invention can be underwater communication devices so that you can "chat" and swim at the same time!

Lynn, you just don't know how AWFUL I feel for you in the middle of that blast of winter! It's just not FAIR!

Hicks, sounds like you'll sleep well tonight!

Nat, wish you could get more reliable sleep!

Enjoy what is left of your sunshine for the day!
    22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That snow business is just crazy for you Easteners! We had a skiff, but it melted by the next day. Yesterday the winds were 80, and it was absolutely nuts - the howling in this little old house was crazy!

avon, I was able to catch up on sleep later in the morning!

Milan is coming for supper tonight, so I spent some time putting together a goodie bag for him - then I realized it was pretty much all sweets, since I got a lot of post-Easter stuff really cheap, so I'll have to find some 'real' food for him, too!

Technology is amazing - I'm watching/listening to a livestream of a dance competition in Alberta, where my great-niece will be performing for her first competition - she hasn't come up yet. Can't wait to see her! Over Easter break, some members of her dance group were 'live' models in the window displays at a mall in Edmonton.

She's on the right - a bunch of them did all sorts of poses.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello!!!

Avon, thank you, I know you know how much I hate that dreaded winter crap, so thank you for your sweet thoughts and invitation. Um....so you're also looking forward to our visit this summer too, right?
    I think it'll be in July after Hubby's visit to TO for his check-up...I think it's around July 11th, but I'll confirm that before we show up on your doorstep, okay?

Walkonby, Honey, ita with Avon...maybe sign language under water would work? You gals will be going for coffee together before the month is out, I bet!

Natalka, I think Milan will be thrilled to get all those goodies as well as "real food", lol....young people can burn that stuff up as fast as they consume it, dang them. As our DD said...that all changed when she turned 30... Enjoy your dinner with Milan. And oh, your great niece looks so cute! Reminds me of all the years our DD danced modern and ballet...good times...

22Hicks, I know you're really, REALLY busy today, but hoping you're walking okay and staying upright, and enjoying your day!

I've been uploading and posting sewing patterns onto Etsy for sale...I'm not sure anything will sell, but like my Hubby said, it's a nice hobby anyway, and it keeps me off the streets. Hmph. "off the streets"....Brat.
    It sure takes time to photograph, upload and post those patterns, but if even one sells, I'm ahead of the game. When the time runs out I'll donate them.

It's not snowing anymore just blowing around everything that fell , and it's supposed to go up into the single plus temps next week, so it had all better get outta town, the faster the better! My poor tulips were up about 6 inches, poor things...

Well, the weekend will be occupied by watching the Masters with Hubby; we also have a 50th Anniversary get-together for Hubby's brother and his wife on Saturday, so the kids are picking us up and we'll all go together. They're repeating their vows, also....Then we'll head over to the kids' house where the other grandparents will be with our Grandson, and spend a nice evening together.
    I still don't know what to wear! I must have tried everything on in my closet!!
    Perhaps a shopping trip to the mall tomorrow after my Weight Watchers weigh-in.

Have a lovely, relaxing evening everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Apr 7th, 2016 at 07:42 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, Lynn, you have a lot going on!
    Arden ended up getting high gold with her hip hop group - I didn't know she did that, I had only known she did lyrical and jazz, but I guess they do bits of everything.

My goodness, I typed the above over an hour ago, and didn't hit reply!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Wow, Lynn, you have a lot going on!
    Arden ended up getting high gold with her hip hop group - I didn't know she did that, I had only known she did lyrical and jazz, but I guess they do bits of everything.

My goodness, I typed the above over an hour ago, and didn't hit reply!
    Yes, Natalka, they dabble into many forms of dance until they're a little older and "find" their bliss...our Dd's was on pointe in ballet and modern. It sure does a lot for their self-confidence and posture...how they carry themselves in later years. Congrats to Arden!!

Yep, never a dull moment! Whoever said that the retirement years were spent in a rocking chair just didn't understand retirement!!! Life in the fast lane....in our golden years...yikes!!! I'm not ready for golden years! I'm too young for that!!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Apr 7th, 2016 at 11:01 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sweet dreams, everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  450-141232642-dog-listening-music.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  20.4 KB

Thread Information