User Tag List

Page 1485 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 485 985 1385 1435 1475 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1495 1535 1585 ... LastLast
Results 22,261 to 22,275 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Spent 3 hours in ER again because of my gout. Got a new prescription for indomethacin. Dr also said I saw you walking in and it didn't look good so Im going to give you a shot right now for pain and inflammation. Called in sick to work but I'll be back there tomorrow. Pain is almost completely gone. I don't know what he gave me. He said do you want a shot for the pain and I said yes please. also said it's not all about what you eat or don't eat. I might have to take a pill that you take every day but he didn't prescribe that yet,

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hope everyone else sick, sore, etc gets better really soon.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Spent 3 hours in ER again because of my gout. Got a new prescription for indomethacin. Dr also said I saw you walking in and it didn't look good so Im going to give you a shot right now for pain and inflammation. Called in sick to work but I'll be back there tomorrow. Pain is almost completely gone. I don't know what he gave me. He said do you want a shot for the pain and I said yes please. also said it's not all about what you eat or don't eat. I might have to take a pill that you take every day but he didn't prescribe that yet,
    Well, that makes the proverbial "three". Three patients now...

I hope the new meds do wonders for you, @cabmonk ; sounds like he gave you a pretty nice shot, eh?
    I thought gout had a lot to do with foods...no, huh? I guess it could just be genetic, then and you picked the short straw....hope you feel better soon, Hon...

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

It does have to do with food but not only that. My dad had it and it's hereditary. Yeah that shot definitely worked well lol. Started working right away. Always good to watch my diet anyway. Pharmacist is wondering why it's happening so much in last month if not much changed in my lifestyle or diet. Told me just keep going what you're doing but I might need to start the daily gout pill soon if it persists like it has.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Thu, Apr 21st, 2016 at 05:06 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    It does have to do with food but not only that. My dad had it and it's hereditary. Yeah that shot definitely worked well lol. Started working right away. Always good to watch my diet anyway. Pharmacist is wondering why it's happening so much in last month if not much changed in my lifestyle or diet. Told me just keep going what you're doing but I might need to start the daily gout pill soon if it persists like it has.
    Gosh, who knows why stuff like this chooses to happen whenever it does...I just hope that your persistence pays off and you can get off those meds..Good luck, Cabbie!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I'll probably work extra day next week to make up for missing today.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, yes, I've seen not only a doc, but an orthopod. I had had the surgery for a bucket-handle meniscal tear - and the condition we have in our family is chondromalacia - so basically an alignment problem with the patella - and now, of course, complicated by wear and tear arthritis. I have had my cartilage scraped previously.

Yup, knee replacement was mentioned a dozen years ago.

So when do you start going to spend time at your summer haven - heaven?

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Nat hope you're at least not feeling too bad. Pain sucks eh.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Something I noticed at giant tiger today that is not in the flyer. Simply veal Italian style breaded veal cutlettes. Usually $10 for 1kg bag but I got them at timmins store for $5.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Lynn, yes, I've seen not only a doc, but an orthopod. I had had the surgery for a bucket-handle meniscal tear - and the condition we have in our family is chondromalacia - so basically an alignment problem with the patella - and now, of course, complicated by wear and tear arthritis. I have had my cartilage scraped previously.

Yup, knee replacement was mentioned a dozen years ago.

So when do you start going to spend time at your summer haven - heaven?
    Ouchies!!! Good ol' arthritis...exacerbates everything else that we've got wrong with us!!
    So would knee replacement help/cure you?? Oh, honestly I can't wait!
    I was in physiotherapy for over a year, and it was funny too see people coming in on the same days as I was recovering from knee replacements...here today, then gone!! And there I was, still trudging on...I want a quick recovery now, too!!! So sorry you have so much to deal with, Hon....

DH and SIL plan to go to the island the week before the long weekend in May to clean anything up that needs it, get "stuff" reconnected, etc, grab a beer...or in DH's case, probably a coffee... Everything will be spic and span for the rest of us when we go on the long weekend. Gosh there's so much to bring the first time we go...all the linens came home to be washed*, all our summer clothes...then the food has to be packed up...it's an hour and a half drive, but there's a Foodland and a Valu-Mart about 10 minutes away in Little Current if we forget anything. It's so strange...we're in a bay on Lake Huron, but so close to everything!
    It's a cute little town...I can't WAIT to get there and see all the other old geezers on "our street" again this year!!

I was chatting with my hubby about walking lately and you know...I can't BELIEVE that last year at this time I was still in a wheelchair when we went to Washington! BOY have I come a long way, Baby!!!

* not that they don't get washed during the summer, lol...it's just that at the beginning of the year, it's EVERYTHING all at once...just wanted to clear that up..
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Apr 21st, 2016 at 08:44 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone!

DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  f68afb062e7e48da64de7022c92c0950.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  12.7 KB

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Here's where I'll sneak in to say Good Morning All. Mild out there this morning. If you are interested in a quick read, this link to the BBC The article discusses the epidemic of so many stars dying & maybe why.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36108133

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Here's where I'll sneak in to say Good Morning All. Mild out there this morning. If you are interested in a quick read, this link to the BBC The article discusses the epidemic of so many stars dying & maybe why.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36108133
    Hi, @SillyLoocie ...it absolutely makes sense: more people in a...{{ahem}} certain age bracket, the more likely the death toll will rise. Having the honour of belonging to that very distinguished "baby boomer" set, time will be closing in on me, too, and one day and I'll be among hundreds of old-timers who fade away in that particular year. The sad thing is watching your friends pass away.....although the alternative wouldn't be my choice, either..

Good morning, everyone!! Busy day....just dropping in to say a quick, "HI!', but OH, MY, @danger_dan ...such language from such a nice young man...you MUST be stressed out at work! I hope you can relax and re-charge this weekend..

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just a quick drive by to say good morning.
    Still pretty sick, so going back to bed soon. Thanks for all your get well wishes.

@Natalka - all those procedures sound pretty painful. I sure hope it eases up soon.

@cabmonk - I hope the daily pill helps, and that was great the shot worked so well, and quickly.

@Lynn49 - my fever didn't break; fevers always go down some in the morning, then back up in the evenings. By last night, it was well over 102, but I do think it's much lower this morning.

Well, you're w/end's here, or will be in a few hours.

Name:  13010884_736435373125904_4468276079899364219_n.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  47.2 KB

Thread Information