User Tag List

Page 1495 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 495 995 1395 1445 1485 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1505 1545 1595 ... LastLast
Results 22,411 to 22,425 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!!
    A quiet day here today, had company over for dinner yesterday, DH has motorcycled his way to the golf course, and Jenny and I (as soon as I get her up!) will enjoy a nice cup of coffee and breakfast. Life in the slow lane..
    It was so hot for me in the house last night, DH uncovered the air conditioner outside at around 11pm, and I put it on to cool the house down from 73 to a nice 69...and subsequently had a lovely sleep!

Have a great day everyone!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, not so good later when it gets over 30!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1. May the 4th be with you.

Name:  coffee I need.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  23.3 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm finally feeling a lot better, about 85%. So yesterday, I started working on the front gardens. I got it almost half done, but I'm paying for it now. I'm so sore everywhere. My back and my leg are really objecting to the work. I wanted to finish the front today, but that's not happening; I can barely walk. Oh well, I guess a day of rest is in the cards for me today. And, since I'm not 100%, I guess that's a good thing.

Have an awesome day every1.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    I'm finally feeling a lot better, about 85%. So yesterday, I started working on the front gardens. I got it almost half done, but I'm paying for it now. I'm so sore everywhere. My back and my leg are really objecting to the work. I wanted to finish the front today, but that's not happening; I can barely walk. Oh well, I guess a day of rest is in the cards for me today. And, since I'm not 100%, I guess that's a good thing.

Have an awesome day every1.
    Good for you, Hicks, for gardening yesterday!! Does that mean you're able to kneel down and dig around in the lovely dirt? I sure hope so!! And I'm sure your phyiotherapist told you the same thing: when you hurt, stop. Rest. Have a lovely, recuperative day today and nice work, Babe!!
    22hicks, avoncallingu and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good for you, Hicks, for gardening yesterday!! Does that mean you're able to kneel down and dig around in the lovely dirt? I sure hope so!! And I'm sure your phyiotherapist told you the same thing: when you hurt, stop. Rest. Have a lovely, recuperative day today and nice work, Babe!!
    No, I can't kneel, well, I probably could, but I'd never get up again. I spent most of the time bent over, that's why my back & leg are sore, but believe me Lynn, it REALLY felt great getting started.
    I no longer go to physio, I'm on my own now.

Name:  image copy 2.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  8.4 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    No, I can't kneel, well, I probably could, but I'd never get up again. I spent most of the time bent over, that's why my back & leg are sore, but believe me Lynn, it REALLY felt great getting started.
    I no longer go to physio, I'm on my own now.

Ah....yes, that bending to garden is a killer! My gardening consists of my DH filling the planters with soil, putting them on the table and me plunking in the plants and declaring myself a gardener! It works for us... And he knows how much I used to love puddling around in the dirt, so he does the heavy lifting and I take the credit for the planters..

Do you still do the exercises your physiotherapist taught you? I'm back to doing some of them (in prep for my knee replacement) plus my little floor "bicycle" which I'm allowed to pedal for a whole two minutes to start! Woohoo! haha...Honestly...two minutes is quite enough for me right now; I'll work up to the 10 minutes I used to do without difficulty. It'd be more fun riding an actual bike, but...maybe with my new knee!

Take care, my Friend...!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I love gardening, it's just so much harder now.
    One day, I should post some pics of my garden at the old house. I still have a long way to go with the landscaping for this one.

I don't do all those exercises any longer, they put more strain on the ligament. Since it's torn, I've had to modify what I do.

Now that you've got the green light for your surgery, you seem inspired. Doing those exercises, and riding daily, will build up your strength to that end. Good for you; you go girl.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hiya!
    Oh, hicks, I know it must feel so good to be back gardening, but I realize how much it must hurt in the aftermath.

Lynn, you described exactly how I did planters at the end of things at our old place when we couldn't use the garden patch anymore - I had maybe 10, and loved looking after them.

Last year I didn't have any planters or even a hanging basket here - gee, how about my goal is to get ONE!

Well, I'm keeping the house closed up and it's relatively nice in here. Funny how our province's 'cool' spot is way up north, and they have 25!

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

all that exercising talk made me tired you two!! ( @22hicks and @Lynn49 ) bwahaha!! Just kidding! Really nice that you got some things worked on in your garden hicks and Lynn I am about the same really, I plop plants in the holes, press down, water and pray they live and grow!
    Tuesday morning I had ventured out ( finally ) on my new bike to the pool and back. I looked a sight I'll bet, I am curious if my " white knuckles " were showing as I had a grip on the handlebars so tight it was a wonder I had any feeling left in my hands.
    Success saw me repeat that trip today too! If this weather holds up I may ditch the vehicle and simply pedal there and back each day.
    Enjoy the sunshine all!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Look who's talking, now that's exercising @walkonby .
    Sure puts me to shame. I couldn't even walk the dog today.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Prayers for every1 affected in Alberta.

Name:  13103543_1017326448314386_6026018758759314564_n.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  55.6 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

News out of there is getting bad again - just heard the fire chief talking. They knew it would be bad today with temp over 30 and such low humidity, but the winds have picked up over 50, gusting over 70 - and they have had dry lightning.
    What's good is that there has been no loss of life - hoping it stays that way.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

is my new avatar working??

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

yes it is..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Thread Information