User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Ever been theived by a Postal Employee?

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been. I live in New Brunswick - the UPS service stole my package in April worth 100 dollars and said they couldn't find my address.

Last week the head woman postal worker working out of the Saint-Antoine, New Brunswick Postal Office stole a package of mine for the second time. She is a thief. BIG TIME CLEPTO, PEOPLE. First, a package of incense worth 20 dollars gone. Then a blonde halloweeen wig worth 50 dollars. She is using her position in the post office to steal. How gross.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by PreciousBlue; Fri, Sep 7th, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is horrible! I would contact the head office. This has happened before, there must be a way to complain and start an investigation.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

If you suspect your packages are going missing, you must call Head Office and complain to them. Chances are they probably have no clue it's going on. I had to do this with Canada Post a short while ago cos my mail was going missing and/or being delivered to addresses on my street. Heck, even my neighbours' mail was coming to me! I got so fed up and called them to complain. Since then, my mail has been coming on time and I no longer get my neighbours' mail anymore.
    matrix82 likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I would definitely contact head office to discuss this issue. It's a federal offense to steal people's mail.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Talk to someone higher up. That's not ok. If she's taking your mail, how many others are missing things as well?
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i don't want to start a war, this is just a question - how do you know for sure it was her? what proof do you have?

Harley
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I have also suspected our mail person was stealing our mail but had no proof other than things I ordered were not showing up and actually put a trace on 1 item that i could and it was nowhere to be found even though the company had mailing dates when it was sent out. Many samples etc just never showed up. I moved in April and have no problem now. I only moved 13 km. I guess my male mail carrier isn't interested in female samples. YAAAAAAAAAAAY

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    i don't want to start a war, this is just a question - how do you know for sure it was her? what proof do you have?
    Personally, I'd be a little careful of publicly identifying someone and accusing them of thievery. The words libel and slander come to my mind. If you truly have proof, or reasonable cause to have her investigated, then call Canada Post.
    secheltsaver, GoJays and DaveP like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You suspect she is stealing from you but the big question is can you prove that she is stealing from you? If you can absolutely call and make a complaint. You can call and complain about not receiving your mail, whenever there is a complaint of missing mail they do open a ticket and will look into it. But if you don't know 100% for sure that this woman is stealing from you I probably would refrain accusing her publicly. Just my two cents, although I do hope you get your missing mail sorted out. I hate when I don't get things that I am expecting, especially if I have paid for it.
    DaveP likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PreciousBlue View Post
    I have been. I live in New Brunswick - the UPS service stole my package in April worth 100 dollars and said they couldn't find my address.

Last week the head woman postal worker working out of the Saint-Antoine, New Brunswick Postal Office stole a package of mine for the second time. She is a thief. BIG TIME CLEPTO, PEOPLE. First, a package of incense worth 20 dollars gone. Then a blonde halloweeen wig worth 50 dollars. She is using her position in the post office to steal. How gross.
    Sometimes they just deliver the package at your doorstep and take off ,without even getting a signature.

And someone else steals it of your door step !

I have had packages delivered at my doorstep and they just left them there , luckily none were stolen.

I think some delivery items mention on them signature required and others don't , i guess depending on the value of the product , not sure how they decide the cut off
    matrix82, xox2010 and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I believe a temporary postal worker was stealing from us but I have no proof, just a hunch. She filled in for our very dependable regular worker for two weeks and during that time I received torn open packages with things missing, and three small parcels that were due to arrive that week never came at all. I wish they had tracking! The mail was very slow and undependable during the two weeks but as soon as our regular worker came back things started to flow properly again. It might have been a big coincidence but it was questionable for sure.
    We were also a victim of mail theft a couple years ago when workers were fired from Canada Post for stealing gift cards from the mail during the holidays. It was on the news and I guess a lot of money went missing. My mom sent two $20 GCs for me to buy something for my children from her but they never arrived
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Sometimes they just deliver the package at your doorstep and take off ,without even getting a signature.

And someone else steals it of your door step !

I have had packages delivered at my doorstep and they just left them there , luckily none were stolen.

I think some delivery items mention on them signature required and others don't , i guess depending on the value of the product , not sure how they decide the cut off

Ughh.... had to comment on this "leaving at the door step" comment!!! Last year I was the most pissed off person in Canada!!!! I ordered my husband a Citizen Echo Drive watch on Amazon.ca....... it cost $500 + shipping. The delivery date was set for a Thursday. On Wednesday evening I go to call my daughter in for Dinner and I see this small box on the neighbors lawn...... I ask Madison to bring it to be....... it was the EFFIN watch!!!!!!!!!! Thats when it ended up AFTER the neighborhood kids played catch with it!!!!! Madison told me it was on the bottom step by our driveway when she got home and thought it was something that just blew there so they were playing with it!!!!

I called Amazon.........I even get mad thinking back to how mad I was at the time, I nearly blew my top!!!! They are SUPPOSE to get a signature for anything over $50..... but didn't !!! If I weren't such an honest person I would have waited a few days and called to see "where my package was" having to send me a second watch might have taught them a lesson about following rules!!!!! Idiots!! They gave me a $25 GC...... but Man I was Seriously mad!!!
    MISSCUTEZ likes this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Ughh.... had to comment on this "leaving at the door step" comment!!! Last year I was the most pissed off person in Canada!!!! I ordered my husband a Citizen Echo Drive watch on Amazon.ca....... it cost $500 + shipping. The delivery date was set for a Thursday. On Wednesday evening I go to call my daughter in for Dinner and I see this small box on the neighbors lawn...... I ask Madison to bring it to be....... it was the EFFIN watch!!!!!!!!!! Thats when it ended up AFTER the neighborhood kids played catch with it!!!!! Madison told me it was on the bottom step by our driveway when she got home and thought it was something that just blew there so they were playing with it!!!!

I called Amazon.........I even get mad thinking back to how mad I was at the time, I nearly blew my top!!!! They are SUPPOSE to get a signature for anything over $50..... but didn't !!! If I weren't such an honest person I would have waited a few days and called to see "where my package was" having to send me a second watch might have taught them a lesson about following rules!!!!! Idiots!! They gave me a $25 GC...... but Man I was Seriously mad!!!

I think if you are a thief , all you need to do is follow a Fed Ex or UPS van on a weekday ..lol..I bet you can pick up atleast 10 items a day , which are left at the doorstep , much easier than shoplifting , I guess

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Why do you think it's the CP employee stealing??
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post

I think if you are a thief , all you need to do is follow a Fed Ex or UPS van on a weekday ..lol..I bet you can pick up atleast 10 items a day , which are left at the doorstep , much easier than shoplifting , I guess

I had a very valuable package stolen from my porch once. It was worth just over $1400.00! The delivery was supposed to be signature only. When I called the Courier company they said it had been "left on front steps". I guess the Delivery person didn't want to take it to the post office. I was NOT impressed but thank god for insurance as I was sent a replacement in a few days.

There is a very good chance that your neighbors are stealing your items and not your CP worker.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information