User Tag List

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree515Likes

Thread: Potential Chocolate Promo Problems (renamed)

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Went to SDM to see if I could still score. Ran into my favourite manager and she told me that a rep came by yesterday and told them to take all the 8000 BP stickers down. Out of all the choco varieties, she only got 4. Then she had to punch in a code so no bonus points will be awarded. So depending when the rep did the code override, that's when the promo ended for that store, so it didn't happen at same time across Canada. I told manager about the 8000 BP points per card and will be awarded on Sept 28 and she doesn't know anything about it.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I was able to get this chocolate deal everyday since Monday! My store was more then happy to promote the promotion. Yesterday when I went in there was a giant stack of the bars all still in cases each case has 24 and there was at least 6o of them. I asked how they got so much stock she said they bought it from other stores such as price smart and save on. No limit. Many people where buying case after case. I bought my last batch at 8 pm and was awarded all my bonus points. They where pointing out starting tomorrow one per card! I donated all mine to a cancer fundraiser at my work and so far the bars have been flying!
    Silk likes this.

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did end the promo early because people got way too greedy and went over board.
    I agree.

I hope Shopper's takes away the points earned. They probably won't...but it would be nice to see karma come around for all the people who needed to buy 100+ chocolate bars only to sell them on kijiji to profit.

When Shopper's sees that someone spent $100 on chocolate bars and got more than $100 in points, i think they'll see that as a problem. Stories like this completely turn me off from couponing. I'd rather pay full price then resort to some of the things people do to save a buck.

And to make matters worse, Shopper's now has to pay employees at Head Office to hear complaints from the people that tried to rip them off/ abuse the optimum point system.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons23 View Post
    I agree.

I hope Shopper's takes away the points earned. They probably won't...but it would be nice to see karma come around for all the people who needed to buy 100+ chocolate bars only to sell them on kijiji to profit.

When Shopper's sees that someone spent $100 on chocolate bars and got more than $100 in points, i think they'll see that as a problem. Stories like this completely turn me off from couponing. I'd rather pay full price then resort to some of the things people do to save a buck.

And to make matters worse, Shopper's now has to pay employees at Head Office to hear complaints from the people that tried to rip them off/ abuse the optimum point system.
    But what if the customer's bought the chocolate bars not to sell but they bought a lot? How can they possibly know that they were going for trick or treaters (in which my sister gets 150 kids) or for something else? It's not the shopper's fault they made this promo, and they are the one's who allowed it to go on as well. How is it fair to potentially screw over the customer for their mistake? My mom got in on the deal and bought lots of bars, (not 500 or anything but she bought 100) some are for me, some are for her friends and some are for Christmas. The company is at fault and I think it was a great marketing tool for them because how many shoppers spent hundreds there? There is a kickback somewhere because nobody in business makes mistakes like this unless it's on purpose. If you've ever worked with money, you know that to make a lot, you need to invest some. These companies knew what they were doing. Shopper's has done this many times in the past. Plus it's their 50th anniversary. I think it was cool to watch unfold lol I loved reading all the controversy on it.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I will proudly say aloud I purchased well over 200 bars, no I did not clear ANY store out and no I do not have a ad on kijiji, nor should I be penalized for doing so, not my problem Shopper's did not see what would happen when they put this awesome deal out in conjunction with a redemption weekend

I actually used the BP to purchase a well deserved birthday present (Nintendo DS) for my son who is turning 5 right away and stock my freezer and pantry, I am a single mom of 2 and with out this promo I don't think he would have gotten what he did nor would I have the food I now have

Just because of a few bad apples the rest of us that did something great with the promo should not be penalized - Shopper's had MORE than enough time to fix the issue at hand IMO

I agree.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Hmmm....I bought about 150 bars over the course of the week.
    We get 150-200 here for Halloween and I'm excited to see their faces when they get their big chocolate bars.
    I love Halloween but can't afford to go all out on candy. Whatever we can't eat or give away will be given with Christmas baskets.
    I am planning to use my points for Christmas gifts/extra food over the holidays.
    I bought four bars today and was told the promo is still on, yet my points did not show the 8000 automatically as they did other days...?

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I do not agree that it is the customer who should be penalized and have thier points taken away! Shoppers has been getting calls and questions since sunday about the promo and didn't make a change until last night. They are defianlty making money off of this promotion. My store bought the product from other stores such as PriceSmart and Save on and where more then happy to sell as many as you wanted, they had stock everyday for since monday! There's no way this should be placed on the Customer. I'm sure many people will be intersted in there optimum card now if they wheren't before!

I agree.

cheryls
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i got about 150 bars and tons of groceries and household stuff with the overage in points .. i have no shame at all .. I shared with relatives and my kids are over the moon with all the gum and chocolate .. sorry but i give these retailers alot of my hard earned money all year long .. it's their dumb mistake

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Looks like it , as some posters bought some chocolates today and didn't get any points as they had got the points before during other transactions.

A poster got points at 12.00 pm but an hour later she didn't get the points at another store .

So in the hour that she went from one store to anther SDM must have implemented the change.

Buy a small amt. like 4 or redeem for it and see if it still works for you or not
    They said the points will be awarded on September 28th, so keep an eye out
    Last edited by pootins; Fri, Sep 14th, 2012 at 06:58 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Hmmm....I bought about 150 bars over the course of the week.
    We get 150-200 here for Halloween and I'm excited to see their faces when they get their big chocolate bars.
    I love Halloween but can't afford to go all out on candy. Whatever we can't eat or give away will be given with Christmas baskets.
    I am planning to use my points for Christmas gifts/extra food over the holidays.
    I bought four bars today and was told the promo is still on, yet my points did not show the 8000 automatically as they did other days...?
    They will show up on 28 Sep according to the new rule.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

But it's not a mistake. if it was they would've cancelled the promotion. They are still doing it, just with limits to avoid hoarding
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryls View Post
    i got about 150 bars and tons of groceries and household stuff with the overage in points .. i have no shame at all .. I shared with relatives and my kids are over the moon with all the gum and chocolate .. sorry but i give these retailers alot of my hard earned money all year long .. it's their dumb mistake
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I'm confused I went to shoppers i went to buy the choco and the lady said i could only buy 2 so i did thinking that i'm going to get the points that was yesterday. Today i went back and got 2 more and the lady at the cash said you have to buy 4 to get the points i'm confused and i only got 40 points what happened here.?
    Have a great shopping day lets save money!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by breeka View Post
    I'm confused I went to shoppers i went to buy the choco and the lady said i could only buy 2 so i did thinking that i'm going to get the points that was yesterday. Today i went back and got 2 more and the lady at the cash said you have to buy 4 to get the points i'm confused and i only got 40 points what happened here.?
    She is a moron and screwed you. i would return the two bars you bought. If you bought four bars you get the points in a couple weeks.
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I cant return them my kids and hubby ate them it was a treat for them.
    Have a great shopping day lets save money!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by breeka View Post
    I cant return them my kids and hubby ate them it was a treat for them.
    Buy 4 more together (not 2 + 2 ) and get the 8,000 BP ..on 28 th Sep .

Then return these new ones on the older receipt , since they lied to you the first time around

Ofcourse if you want to keep them and don't want to return them that's cool too
    glenglen and pippinelkhound like this.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information