User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Which Country dishes do you like best?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Which Country dishes do you like best? and please tell us why you like it?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I think it a toss up between Greek and Indian food. Both are so flavourful and most dishes are easy to prepare.
    maidennomore likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I think it a toss up between Greek and Indian food. Both are so flavourful and most dishes are easy to prepare.
    yeah, I don't know how's the Greek dishes, but I know Indian dish is very delicious, it not only looks very nice, taste also very nice. And some Chinese dish is also very nice, a little similar with Indian.
    Mia001 likes this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I like traditional German food, with the beautiful, crunchy vegetables and simple taste profiles... nothing fancy, but it's what I grew up with. This is the perfect time of year for it too, what with all the fresh produce and amazing garden delights to be had

Otherwise, I tend to cook a lot of Mexican and Indian food as I love cooking with beans and lentils. DH has me hooked on making tacos with a vegan filling and my homemade version of refried beans.

For going out, I love Greek gyros, Halifax donairs, shawarmas - any meat and veggies on bread with a garlicky sauce - or anything seafood (the simpler the better when it comes to seafood, IMHO). I do make a wicked dinner-for-two of spanakopita at home myself using phyllo, spinach, and a mix of cottage cheese and feta to make it a bit healthier. It's also a great time-saver, not to mention a waistline-saver, to use Pam(butter or olive oil flavour) to oil the sheets of phyllo. It takes seconds per sheet and gives a lighter texture to the finished product!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    I like traditional German food, with the beautiful, crunchy vegetables and simple taste profiles... nothing fancy, but it's what I grew up with. This is the perfect time of year for it too, what with all the fresh produce and amazing garden delights to be had

Otherwise, I tend to cook a lot of Mexican and Indian food as I love cooking with beans and lentils. DH has me hooked on making tacos with a vegan filling and my homemade version of refried beans.

For going out, I love Greek gyros, Halifax donairs, shawarmas - any meat and veggies on bread with a garlicky sauce - or anything seafood (the simpler the better when it comes to seafood, IMHO). I do make a wicked dinner-for-two of spanakopita at home myself using phyllo, spinach, and a mix of cottage cheese and feta to make it a bit healthier. It's also a great time-saver, not to mention a waistline-saver, to use Pam(butter or olive oil flavour) to oil the sheets of phyllo. It takes seconds per sheet and gives a lighter texture to the finished product!
    wow, you like a gastronomist, I never try Greek dish, but from your words, I have a strong desire to have a try

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I love middle eastern food! The spices are just so good, especially sumac. I'm not a huge meat fan, but if it's done up with sumac and served on pitas I will eat mountains of it. I have become pretty good at cooking it because there just aren't that many really great places around to get this stuff.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I love middle eastern food! The spices are just so good, especially sumac. I'm not a huge meat fan, but if it's done up with sumac and served on pitas I will eat mountains of it. I have become pretty good at cooking it because there just aren't that many really great places around to get this stuff.
    i drove from Brampton to Ohio and Illinois this summer. i swear 95% of the trip the roadside view was nothing by sumac trees. i had to laugh, i have never seen so much sumac in my life!

we had 2 trees in my front yard when i was little (up to age 4) i have the most distinct memory of tasting it. no clue why i decided to eat some, but i did. i also used to eat cat food in that house, so i have no understanding of my motives as a child haha.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

and my fave foods are Mediterranean. from greece eastward.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

well. hard to tell....as soon as it'S tasty i'll love it....so i don't love a particular country food
    i love coucous, tendoori chicken(i make my own garam massala),asian sautées, general Tao Chicken ( i make my own sauce), Cesar salad, Chili con aroz ( my veggy version of chili con carné), Chinese rice, lentil soup ( with ginger and green lemon).....see, all tasty food, i don't like fatty food....
    Last edited by Mia001; Thu, Sep 20th, 2012 at 04:37 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    well. hard to tell....as soon as it'S tasty i'll love it....so i don't love a particular country food
    i love coucous, tendoori chicken(i make my own garam massala),asian sautées, general Tao Chicken ( i make my own sauce), Cesar salad, Chili con aroz ( my veggy version of chili con carné), Chinese rice, lentil soup ( with ginger and green lemon).....see, all tasty food, i don't like fatty food....
    wow, you make my mouth water, lol, did you eat Chinese hot pot , Chinese Peking Roast Duck and Korea's barbecue
    Mia001 likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

We do a meal from a different country at least once a month. During the summer holidays, it's a project for the lilPenguins. we roll dice as to who picks a country and then that person picks their choice long as it isn't a country used in the past 6 months.

we then either look through my huge selection of cook books or google recipes for a meal.

we have eaten Indian and Chinese as they are perennial favourites as is Italian and French. The Greek night was a hit too, thought the Penguinettes don't like eggplant.Nepal was hit-and-miss while the African night was a winner with my Tanaznian fish curry and the beef and sweet potato tangine.

I love experimenting with food and Penguinette 2 is a Gordon Ramsey fan and she really wants to learn to cook...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AliceStewart21 View Post
    wow, you make my mouth water, lol, did you eat Chinese hot pot , Chinese Peking Roast Duck and Korea's barbecue
    We make Peking duck often in the winter.My husband and son hunt game birds and we always have duck in the freezer. We love it!!
    AliceStewart21 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AliceStewart21 View Post
    not yet....but i make 'chop suey'....my mom used to make it.....
    DB and SIL who went to China said that the Chinese Peking Roast Duck was one the most flavory meal they had
    AliceStewart21 likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It's hard to pick just one, we love german and polish foods, but of coarse there is portuguise, and chinese and japenese. As far as favorites, my entire family loves it when I make Rouladen and cabbage rolls.
    thriftygranny likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    not yet....but i make 'chop suey'....my mom used to make it.....
    DB and SIL who went to China said that the Chinese Peking Roast Duck was one the most flavory meal they had
    yeah, with the delicious Peking Roast Duck sauce, the special favor will make you deep impression

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information