User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: A whole new class of low!!!! Added news video

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I can't believe how low some people can be, really i'm ALMOST speechless! If any of you watched CITY NEWS Toronto tonight and saw a story about a boy who had his new IPAD stolen from his room today at Sick Kids Hospital then you know what i'm talking about. His Aunt and her co-workers collected money to buy him this gift to help pass his time while at the hospital and someone had the audacity to steal it!!! Seriously, really, are you kidding me. I'm sure hoping you get your just desserts!!!!! This boy and his family have a big fight on thier hands with fighting this rare cancer and don't deserve this. He is from our hometown and he is in the same class as my DD and our community has been rallying around them. It was nice to see people (strangers) willing to buy him a new one, thankfully his was returned to him shortly after the news tonight......guilty concious hmmm. Thanks for letting me vent and blessing for Joe and his family.
    Here is the link for the news clip http://bcove.me/r3qga3st
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple
    Last edited by geniemom; Wed, Oct 3rd, 2012 at 08:23 AM. Reason: added link for video
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Sick people are everywhere....I guess I should saying thieving a$$holes
    geniemom, Candini and heatherj like this.
    ....just be happy

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This makes me sick, people like this if they are caught should not just face jail time but be put out into the public with a sign that reads: "I stole an item from a sick child who is battling cancer" and see how many people bash them!!!!
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Wed, Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:54 AM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I work at Sick Kids and it's sad to say that this isn't uncommon. Unfortunately, we aren't immune to criminal behavior here.
    geniemom likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I saw this last night and nearly cried, I felt terrible for the boy.

How can anyone steal, let alone from a Sick Kids Hospital....what a sad selfish person they must be!
    geniemom likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapNcheeky View Post
    I work at Sick Kids and it's sad to say that this isn't uncommon. Unfortunately, we aren't immune to criminal behavior here.
    sad but true, it just turns my stomach to think about it. He is such a sweet boy and he has enough to deal with. I'm just glad it all worked out in the end.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Pretty sickening knowing there are people in this world who see an innocent child enduring the fight of his life and think "Hey lets take one of the things that help him through his day". Scarier knowing someone went in to his room without anyone noticing, I hope he wasn't in there at the time. An Ipad is pretty big to sneak out with, would've been a tricky job. I hope the thief is caught so we can see his/her cowardly face.

Its good to hear that it was brought back eventually but it still never should've happened in the first place.
    geniemom and saveadollardiva like this.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Reminds me of what happened in London a few months ago. Someone stole the wheel chair ramp off the front porch of a home (most likely for the metal). The gentleman in the house has ALS and needed that ramp to leave his house and go to his appointments. The ramp was worth a few thousand dollars I believe.

Thankfully a local company donated a new ramp that is also portable, so the wife can bring it in when not in use.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by geniemom View Post
    I can't believe how low some people can be, really i'm ALMOST speechless! If any of you watched CITY NEWS Toronto tonight and saw a story about a boy who had his new IPAD stolen from his room today at Sick Kids Hospital then you know what i'm talking about. His Aunt and her co-workers collected money to buy him this gift to help pass his time while at the hospital and someone had the audacity to steal it!!! Seriously, really, are you kidding me. I'm sure hoping you get your just desserts!!!!! This boy and his family have a big fight on thier hands with fighting this rare cancer and don't deserve this. He is from our hometown and he is in the same class as my DD and our community has been rallying around them. It was nice to see people (strangers) willing to buy him a new one, thankfully his was returned to him shortly after the news tonight......guilty concious hmmm. Thanks for letting me vent and blessing for Joe and his family.
    Here is the link for the news clip http://bcove.me/r3qga3st
    This is sad.
    But this is not new.
    Last year in a Toronto hospital, a senior citizen's jewellery was stolen from their hospital drawer.
    The person did not work at the hospital but went from room to room selecting their victims.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Poor kid, This is insane. How darn someone steal from this poor kid who has enough to deal with.
    I hope this loser gets caught and goes some jail time.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

how sad -but i am sure it happens at every hospital-my son was in the hospital when he was 2-many years ago fighting croup and someone stole his clothes and runners

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

what is the world coming too? that's absolutely low, how could anyone possibly steal anything from a sick child let alone something to help pass the time and give him some freedom and joy during this difficult period.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a friend who works in a hospital... according to her this very common. Theft in hospital is very high. They don't even trust their staff which really offended my friend who is a very honest individual. And anyone can be the thief from staff, patients, visitors and non-visitors.

So anyone going to check into a hospital.... bring locks with your necessities.
    nessa23 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow...thats appalling, I hope karma gets this person x10

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Junkster View Post
    I have a friend who works in a hospital... according to her this very common. Theft in hospital is very high. They don't even trust their staff which really offended my friend who is a very honest individual. And anyone can be the thief from staff, patients, visitors and non-visitors.

So anyone going to check into a hospital.... bring locks with your necessities.
    So very true. All the info our hospital give out at pre-admission clinics requests that you leave valuable items at home. When you arrive on the units we ask you to send things home with your relatives. If you inisist on keeping it with you, on my unit we require you to take it with you whenever you leave the bedside.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information