User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By cath007
  • 1 Post By DH666
  • 2 Post By lecale
  • 1 Post By cath007
  • 1 Post By snuffaluffagus
  • 4 Post By cath007

Thread: What the vitamins b12 role in heath and what to do if you miss some?UPDATE

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

And when you got a call from the nurse of your doctor....you know thats a bad sign......My bloodtest discover some incorrect b12 vitamins(unsufficent) and I dont know what it means...I did not pass bloodtest since 3 years...and I have another to do...I am affraid to have something wrong and I will have to wait until october 16 to discover it Hope I am not sick...that could explain the none energy....

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Oct 16th, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

You can take a supplement. These are easy to find in pharmacies.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Don't worry too much - it's not that long to wait! Before you start on a supplement, you need to find out from your doctor just how low your B12 level is - and what category is affected (blood or nerves) - and he'll advise you on where to go from there.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Don't be scared, I have a gluten intolerance (can't eat wheat) and I sometimes have low B12 bc of that. I just take a Complex B VItamin

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 12:07 PM.
    Natalka and kashkoush like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thanks you for all the responses
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I'm with the others, don't worry Cath . When I was both pregnant and nursing, I used to add nutritional yeast to my smoothies to get extra B12. If you eat meat, a small amount of liver once a week should be enough to get what your body needs. Or you can always add some extra eggs, fish (salmon, tuna, etc), and dairy products to your diet.

You might be asked to do another blood test so, if you tweak your diet a bit or add supplements in the meantime to add more B12, your next results would show if a simple change to your diet is enough. And if there's little to no difference, your doctor will know where to go from there. Keep us updated please .
    Last edited by snuffaluffagus; Thu, Oct 4th, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Natalka likes this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thanks you I will I have another bloodtest to do tomorrow and after it will be appointment the october 16...I just think I have something unsufficant in my diet or it is the stress of my life....I tend to eat less yogurt,milk fruits and veggies...I am sure my system is unbalanced because of that...I will talk to my doctor about a vitamins possibility...or a all in 1 vitamins..I taught of taking some but I decided to wait until the appointment...because I dont know the reaction with my others pills...lots of question will be asked this day...I am just surprised by this new lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    B12 is an important vitamin for mental health (if you are low you can feel fatigued, depressed, lack concentration) and nerves (again, if low, you can feel tingling in your hands and feet as one of the first signs)

You can be low because of diet (if you are not eating animal products) and it is common in alcoholics as well (you have to drink a lot, like 6 or more every day, not just casual drinking)

You can be low because your gut is not absorbing the B12 from your food. This is called pernicious anemia and in this case you need to take regular monthly injections (rather than pills)

The doctor will be able to fix you up completely. Don't worry too hard!
    I feel exactly word to word the first sentence you wrothe...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My mom has a B12 deficiency due to Pernicious Anemia. She has been getting a B12 injection from the CLSC once a month for about 25 years. It's no big deal to treat. A supplement usually does it. If you don't eat meat you can take it in the form of a pill or add nutritional yeast to your diet.

Many people are B12 deficient. Don't worry. You will feel better soon enough.

http://www.pernicious-anaemia-societ...ptom_checklist

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Even if I was affraid...I went today to my appoitment.My doctor wanted last time a 2 bloodtest to confim by himself the laboratory result...they are the same.Finally not a big deal and I did not have that from a long time...definatelly not 3 years because he explain to me how I would feel..So it is a little deficient...he made me a prescriptionn of 1200 mg of b12 vitamins. He think my diet is not the problem..probably my stomach dont absorb the vitamine I eat well...otherwhise it would be a bigger diffiencient...So next month I have another appointment and another bloodtest to do to see the effect.A ll my organs are in good shape so a little bump (kyste) iin the shoulder but nothing to do it will desapear by itself or stay there...The vitamins cost 5,99$ for 30...A % is paid by the assurance...but I find that expensive compared to the Jamieson bottle same mg...that I had an order. I thing they have more... I did not take any supplement in the last month.So I have this to take same moment of the day ...breakfest or bedtime..and hope it will goes off in the next month..really hope
    I prefer to stress than dont...because I care about my health...next stress...dentistry...i am sure it will not be the same price..And I renew my others prespription because I hate paying 15$ for filling those when I have not an appoitment...I meet the doctor nurse too...

Thread Information