User Tag List

Page 341 of 493 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 391 441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 7391
Like Tree26435Likes

Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

So my wonderful husband made me cry happy tears today, Last night my old Sewing machine finally died right in the middle of my mini train buddy's present. I was so upset I started crying and threaten to throw it in the snow bank. This morning when I walked into work after my appointment and found a brand new basic sewing machine on my desk. DH had slipped out of work and used some money he had been saving from refreeing soccer to buy me new machine so I could finish my gift.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

OMG Armygirl. maybe its the movie im watching, maybe its hormones. but im in tears after reading that.. wow.. KUDOS! to your hubby. what a wonderful gift.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    You deserve it Jez. It was unfortunate that you were the person who didn't receive your package from juliep..... IF it was any of us, you would be the first person to say "I'll send another package". I think tomorrow will be an even better day!
    Oooh.. I didn't know that either!

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Homemade soaps are a yes for me... but nothing flower scented. Or musk. I can't have musk on my body... you know how some smells change when applied to a different people? Well, I put on musk and smell like a big pair of dirty feet. Soooo not pretty. LOL!
    Lol... if it's anything like the smell of my ex-husbands feet, yikes! And BTW Princess Pumpkin, thank you for the very nice Christmas Card I received yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by nat77 View Post
    Today I got a lovely mug and some yummy Tetley Cinnamon Warmth Tea---my favourite!

Hailey got some goldfish crackers.

Thanks Mrs.Sunshine!

Attachment 150660
    Love that MUG!

OK.. so I was AWOL yesterday, celebrating my birthday by draining my bank account! Sheesh, what is it with the MTO renewals happening on your birthday! Also running errands for my work Christmas party Saturday night... finding proper costume attire (Biker Chick/Gang theme this year!) and for some reason, I had the brainwave to make our annual mystery gift exchange, mandatory homemade! Bought a new pressure canner last week and wanted to test it out. Made a sweet Guiness Barbecue sauce, and a Super Spicy Beer Mustard and tested out the canner....

Lesson #1 - Make sure you leave enough headspace... otherwise the contents will burst out of the lids!

Alright.. enough of my kitchen drama!

Day 6 - A lovely birthday card with a heartwarming message, and a personalized Hershey bar just for me!

Day 7 - Almost forgot, but had to pull the tape off before leaving the house this morning... a Glade diffuser, in my BF's favourite scent, the Pineapple Mangosteen...

Thanks Juliejolie!!! Will post photo's on Sunday.. might even include a photo of the "Biker" me... if they are PG friendly!

And THANK YOU everyone for the birthday wishes!!!!

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

I know he is really an amazing man, he has been through alot these last four years taking care of me. He just keeps telling me to join as many package trains as I want and when I walk in with bags of stuff he just kisses me on the head and ask me what I got now.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ok you better stop now girl... he sounds like a keeper.. not a whole whack of them around. many of us are still lucky enough to have one in a million
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Day 7 Pumpkin got me some yummy sounding "brown sugar vanilla" body butter!

Here's a pic of Days 1 thru 7 of the gifts Pumpkin got me! Thanks again! :D

Name:  IMG_0068.JPG
Views: 199
Size:  126.2 KB

P.S Umm she did not get my the giant gingerbread man, I just thought I'd leave him in the background because he's festive! LOL
    Jezebel, Ceren, wendyjane and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i was going to say holy crap.. that looks so yummy!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Well for various reasons I got to leave work at noon today. So I stopped at Walmart (I hate going there this time of year!!!) and picked up a few things. I found some $1 stockings and fabric paint to make my parent's stockings for when they come at Christmas I have personalized ones for Jackson and I already. Now here I am, instead of cleaning the house for Sunday (My parent's are coming!! ahh!!! and my baby turns 3 holy smokes!) I'm watching The Talk and on here... yeah I don't procrastinate much lol. I should be doing something, but of course, I'm not. 90 minutes til I have to go pick up the whirlwind.

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

So glad he came around - my hubby can get like that by Friday too. With Christmas and all the other added stresses of decorating, shopping, working, baking, cooking etc that the MEN have to do they must get to a point where they blow. (Insert BAZINGA here, that was sarcasm)

Happy Friday HUGS to everyone.

I couldn't get out of my own way today and got NOTHING done, I even took a 'sort of' nap/lay down. I think I am overwhelmed with having to reorganize and put away everything in their spot after the restoration people put everything back in the wrong places. Making a list as I go of deficiancies, scratches etc.
    They didn't:
    - secure the dishwasher when they didn't put it back so it falls forward everytime you open it
    -I can't open my bottom big drawer
    -the fridge and freezer are not where they should be or level
    -the little wine fridge is not levelled
    -pictures are not hung where they were and not level (this sent dh over the edge, he is ANAL about wall hangings and level etc.),
    -there is a big scratch in the new floor and they just put a table over it
    - there are soft spots in the floor that should have been shimmed
    - trim is missing in several places
    - forgot to re silicone between counter and backsplash

I am tired of being a nag.

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Yikes.. that's not being a nag, those are all valid issues!

I've got guys in my house right now finishing off the ceramic tile I started 2+yrs ago by myself... As funny as it is that I never got around to finishing it (ie. moving the heavy appliances and curves) I am trying not to be super critical of their work! My BF hired them (they are his friends) as a birthday gift for me, but man, they seem to take much longer than I did to do the work... Oh well, by the time I get home tonite it will be done, and grouted... whew.. Christmas this year with finished floors!

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    So glad he came around - my hubby can get like that by Friday too. With Christmas and all the other added stresses of decorating, shopping, working, baking, cooking etc that the MEN have to do they must get to a point where they blow. (Insert BAZINGA here, that was sarcasm)

Happy Friday HUGS to everyone.

I couldn't get out of my own way today and got NOTHING done, I even took a 'sort of' nap/lay down. I think I am overwhelmed with having to reorganize and put away everything in their spot after the restoration people put everything back in the wrong places. Making a list as I go of deficiancies, scratches etc.
    They didn't:
    - secure the dishwasher when they didn't put it back so it falls forward everytime you open it
    -I can't open my bottom big drawer
    -the fridge and freezer are not where they should be or level
    -the little wine fridge is not levelled
    -pictures are not hung where they were and not level (this sent dh over the edge, he is ANAL about wall hangings and level etc.),
    -there is a big scratch in the new floor and they just put a table over it
    - there are soft spots in the floor that should have been shimmed
    - trim is missing in several places
    - forgot to re silicone between counter and backsplash

I am tired of being a nag.

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

Feel Better Soon Jez (but I love your cast...my fav color )
    ArmyGirl that was so nice to read
    Julsie very happy you came to an agreement...all that matters is you are happy with the decision and Christmas will be here before you know it

With all that being said I have no idea if my buddy likes what I got her and her son

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

Bluz...you are not being a nag. Those are very vaild issues and I hope they will be coming back to fix them

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

geez bluz not nagging at all.. hmm wonder what they'd do if Mr Holmes paid them a visit.. ha!

well one by one im knocking things off my list. will probably escape tomorrow to do my shopping instead of today.. might even steal the car.. hehe.. if i can remember how to drive..

still trying to find two suits for the guys to wear.. i have a jacket.. i know they are in 'there' somewhere.. *shudders at the thought of entering a teen age boys room*
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

procrastinating when I should be: vaccuuming, doing the dishes, doing laundry, exercising, cleaning cat "treats" off the basement floor, putting toys away, putting coupons away, clearing the island of junk, getting the mail, making beds, dusting, mopping, painting the living room, shopping, organizing my crazy Saturday tomorrow, cleaning the fridge, ..... you know just the regular daily stuff. I think I'll go take a shower instead. Maybe.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

I'm currently hiding on the bedroom floor tucked in behind my bed & a suitcase. My parents came today to help pack. The move is tomorrow, and as much as I adore on Don, he has been completely underestimating a) how much we have, and b) how long it's going to take to pack. His mom/stepdad have come to 'help' a couple of fridays, but that basically involves me entertaining them. He took last friday off to 'pack' but that ended up with him accompanying me to buy more totes/boxes. So, no packing got done. I'm really frustrated. Now, it's just the odds & ends that need to be packed. Hard to do when my parents have made a bigger mess of the condo than not. My dad's been a great help packing the kitchen though. Don't get me wrong. I really need the help and it's been a great help today. But, baby was up crying all night, my mom says she wanted to take care of her today to give me free hands, but then says 'she should be sleeping' while she looks at the baby beside her crying. Like pick up the f'ing baby, and cuddle her!!! C'mon people!

K, sorry. I'm crying cause I'm tired & frustrated. Don thinks that taking care of the stereo equipment and bar supplies (ie/alcohol) is enough. Ummm...yah.

Thread Information