User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: What are you going to buy for mega redemption?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

don't know exactly what ....just hoping they have nice stuff i might want ....DH is also waiting to

spend some of my points , he knows about bonus and mega redemptions
    Last edited by Mia001; Tue, Oct 9th, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
    r0c0upons likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My mom and I work off the same card (well, it's her card, I'm just the brains behind the operation I guess) and we're 18k points away from 2 $250 redemptions. If we don't make it by then, we'll have to get a BP thing with our first purchase to knock us up enough.

We're planning on staples like milk and TP and frozen foods if we can. Also christmas candy, nuts, jellybeans etc. for stocking stuffers, and gifts. Mum says I can get a Lady Gaga perfume to be put away for my christmas present, and maybe some makeup, because she figures I deserve it after doing so much to help her get these points.

Can't wait! We did ONE $250 last year and that was MIND BLOWING. This year is going to be sweet. We actually might run out of stuff we need, and in that case I'm going to hint that maybe loving daughter (moi) might be given free reign to go wild with the remainder, if she pays the tax for it. :D

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't really need anything, but I will force myself to redeem the maximum. Maybe get some blu-rays, a PS3 controller/remote, an e-reader.... we'll see what's on sale.
    trinity991 and carlyincanada like this.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

the mega redemption is like getting 32% off of SDM prices.

not bad, even if you are using the redemption to buy household and grocery staples.

to those who may judge... bah humbug.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am already planning my Gift Card promo, the 20X promo which both fall in November before the mega redemption and expect this to be my highest ever redemption.

My first year in 2009 I did $2900 (old SDM program = 14.5 redemptions); in 2010 I did 8 redemptions ($2K) and last year 7 redemptions I think (and gave my mother 95,000 points too). If I am foolish enough to buy mega gift cards then I expect to do 15 redemptions $3750.

I really don't need much and I am in the process of decluttering my home; but I do like to give nice things away, both to charity and to friends, family and coworkers. I will get myself some new fragrances for sure; maybe a new purse, new sunglasses and lots of books; will give 2 redemptions to my mother who can use it and is very thankful. Likely more video games for my son; make up items for my teenage daughter and another PS3 to replace our broken one.

Hopefully SDM will have great Christmas items again this year. Last year I got 2 Tassimos (gave one to my boss; one for me) and 2 eReaders and I am finally reading eBooks from the library.

Happy planning and shopping and again I will post pics of my finds.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This one is gonna be tough. I redeemed earlier this year and it felt like a shopping spree to get to the $200 level. We got so much TP and paper towels. Deodorants, but I got a fancy perfume worth $100!

Now that perfume isn't even half used up so I don't know what to get. Mom is stocked up on perfumes too. We don't need electronics because hubby is a computer engineer so needs to have all the latest stuff as soon as it gets out (for work purposes)
    carlyincanada likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kidsteph View Post
    I am already planning my Gift Card promo, the 20X promo which both fall in November before the mega redemption and expect this to be my highest ever redemption.

My first year in 2009 I did $2900 (old SDM program = 14.5 redemptions); in 2010 I did 8 redemptions ($2K) and last year 7 redemptions I think (and gave my mother 95,000 points too). If I am foolish enough to buy mega gift cards then I expect to do 15 redemptions $3750.

I really don't need much and I am in the process of decluttering my home; but I do like to give nice things away, both to charity and to friends, family and coworkers. I will get myself some new fragrances for sure; maybe a new purse, new sunglasses and lots of books; will give 2 redemptions to my mother who can use it and is very thankful. Likely more video games for my son; make up items for my teenage daughter and another PS3 to replace our broken one.

Hopefully SDM will have great Christmas items again this year. Last year I got 2 Tassimos (gave one to my boss; one for me) and 2 eReaders and I am finally reading eBooks from the library.

Happy planning and shopping and again I will post pics of my finds.
    wow enuff to do 15 transactions. You must spend a ton of money throughout the year to get those point values (LOL i forgot, you spend a lot on insulin, sorry edited after I posted) Myself, we are just lucky enough to do 1 transaction for $250, hope to get lots of food products, so we can spend our normal grocery budget on Christmas gifts, as money is tight.
    Last edited by coupondude2012; Tue, Oct 9th, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
    carlyincanada and Cathy_D like this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Hoping for more 20x events to get my points up for a $250 redemption. Thankfully SO is on board for it since he'll be the one spending the money to get the points after helping me shop last year during the mega & the massive amount of stuff we got.

If we get the points up, we'll be doing the same as last year & stocking up on canned goods/pantry items

~~Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk~~

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, I really wish I had jumped on the SDM bandwagon a bit earlier. This sounds pretty exciting, and the timing is so perfect for Xmas. I am not sure if I will get to the 95,000 points in time, but here's hoping!! I have about 28,000 points, and have done the purchase the gift card thing first for each of my transactions. They really do add up fast. I had never shopped at SDM before becoming an SCer because I just thought they were way too expensive. I still do, but now that i know how to use coupons to reach the minimums, it is starting to pay off!
    I think we should start a movement where every SCer wears a sticker or t-shirt with "Smart Canucks shop at SDM" to the store on Dec. 1st. Wouldn't that be a hoot??!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

I have enough for 4 Redemptions but I'll probably only do 2.

The first one I'm taking my Mom to SDM and letting her buy anything she wants/needs for a total of $250.00

The second one will be for me but I'm waiting for the flyer before deciding what to get for sure.

I will pickup some cosmetics but that will only take up about $50.00 I'm not sure what I will spend the rest on yet.
    RLF Honey Bunches of Oats $1.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

Reading everyone's plans for the redemption makes me jealous.

I've never seen an SDM in Calgary that has all these electronics and things like purses.
    flyingdutch likes this.
    RLF Honey Bunches of Oats $1.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

NOw I really hope I could get the Flyers early on that week too!!!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I'm soooo excited!! So far i have enough points for 2x 250 and 1x 125. Hoping to get enough for at least 3x 250.00. Going to buy xmas gifts for family, friends, teacher and bus driver. Hoping to get my DS something like an xbox or ps vita. Stocking up on food items as well etc etc. Dec 1 cannot come fast enough..lol.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I redeemed several times for Christmas gifts during the last 95 000/220$ promo because the items I wanted were on sale at the time. For the mega redemption, I'll be buying groceries only. Hopefully the Europe's Best frozen fruit will be on sale (we go through a bag per day) and I can stock my freezer to take us through the Winter.
    PammieD and torontogal12 like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Almost have enough points for a single $250 redemption, either a 20x points or the GC card promo should solidify it soon. Last year we had a blast, went to a SDM open 24 hours and at the stroke of midnight hit the cash and redeemed. DH got 2 video games and I got a bunch of cool stuff like magazines and make up. Also got some candy and treats.

Yes, the sale is usually pretty bad so the prices are ugh, but imo lots of fun and a good deal if you buy items that don't go on sale.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information