User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I ended up going to a concert last night. Psy, the singer of Gangnam Style was in Toronto. The show was short, only 3 songs, but he was pretty good.

My friend wouldn't know though. She spent the WHOLE time taking pictures of herself at the concert. And bothering me to turn around and smile for her camera. Over and over. Then bothering me to take pictures of her. It got to the point where she was asking me so much that most of the photos of me show me frowning or rolling my eyes because it was so annoying. God forbid I actually experience and enjoy the show.

I get that a couple of photos are great, but do you need to take 20 pictures of yourself at the concert? At one point she was running out of memory space and started deleting other pictures on her card. So if those photo aren't important, why did you bother taking them? Anyway, I saw this, so I gave her my camera. Then she literally started taking pictures using both at the same time! One in each hand!!! I don't see the purpose of this. It'll all be on Youtube later so why can't you just enjoy the show? What's the point of posting photos on Facebook to get a bunch of likes? What are you going to do with the likes anyway? I have used Facebook since it was students only. I think 8 years. And it now bores me and I barely log in.

I figured she is just more vain than usual, but then today on the subway I sat next to this girl who was taking pictures of herself. Going to post the riveting photo of you commuting for all your friends on Facebook to see? Bet that'll get a load of likes.

Anyway, people need to get over themselves and not bother me!
    This thread is currently associated with: Subway
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Nov 9th, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Talk about being narrcissistic! She seems to be taking it to a whole new level. Funny you posted this, the Dr Phil show today was about people who are in love with themselves, and it seems they have deeper issues, not to mention being rude. You were trying to enjoy the show, it's funny she didn't take a hint after she looked at the pics and you were rolling your eyes and frowning. Sorry you had a crappy night, but lesson learned....NEVER take that friend anywhere you want to enjoy the show!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know a couple people like that, it's pretty annoying when they are snapping pics of everything so they can fb/tweet/blog it *shrug*

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Another thing is the whole tongue sticking out/eyes looking off pictures people take of themselves and post on FB ... uhhh, yes very flattering.

Or the whole everyones foot in a circle pic. Yessss... I get it.... totally. ?????
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

duck-face....really ...why duck-face????

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It drives me crazy to see the "I'm taking a picture of myself in the mirror with my cell phone" Ridiculous! Why would you want a picture of yourself in the bathroom???
    2011 Wins: TLC "Say Yes to the Dress" Season 3 box set, Bissell Pro-Heat 2X Upright with a years worth of formula....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got so sick of that $h!t that I deleted half of the people in fb. I check bf on a regular basis so i do not miss too much, but yeah, it is terribly annoying.

I hope you did not pay too much for that show.....3 songs is nothing....
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I won a contest so it was money well spent. Zero lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I got so sick of that $h!t that I deleted half of the people in fb. I check bf on a regular basis so i do not miss too much, but yeah, it is terribly annoying.

I hope you did not pay too much for that show.....3 songs is nothing....
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Luckily I didn't let it spoil the show! Eventually I just ignored her and left her to her own shutterbuggery lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Talk about being narrcissistic! She seems to be taking it to a whole new level. Funny you posted this, the Dr Phil show today was about people who are in love with themselves, and it seems they have deeper issues, not to mention being rude. You were trying to enjoy the show, it's funny she didn't take a hint after she looked at the pics and you were rolling your eyes and frowning. Sorry you had a crappy night, but lesson learned....NEVER take that friend anywhere you want to enjoy the show!
    glenglen, Aimz, i_forget and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtpi View Post
    It drives me crazy to see the "I'm taking a picture of myself in the mirror with my cell phone" Ridiculous! Why would you want a picture of yourself in the bathroom???
    OH MY GOSH THIS TOO!!! Or when they do the whole mirror cell phone pic and the phone is covering their face. LOL!
    glenglen, Luisa_101, Qtpi and 6 others like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep. Technology is great, but sometimes I miss the good ole days when there were 24 pictures on a roll and people thought carefully before clicking.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hate it when they do poses, like one hand on their hip, and than tilt head and duck face! eek! Sorry you didnt have a good time.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks but I did have a good time! I ignored her once I saw it wouldn't stop! lol. he was pretty good and I don't even speak Korean lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jessep13 View Post
    I hate it when they do poses, like one hand on their hip, and than tilt head and duck face! eek! Sorry you didnt have a good time.
    glenglen, jessep13 and sharkie like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

These are the same people , who keep on taking pictures of their food in a restaurnt ..and posting them on FB or twitter

Why can't you jut eat the damn food and leave. .lol..its not going to taste better bcoz you took pics.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jessep13 View Post
    Or the stupid gangster poses they do with 2 fingers and making a sideways V Sign..lol
    glenglen, filza, jonesy and 6 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information