User Tag List

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree2781Likes

Thread: Canning Pics, Feel free to post yours!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Here is a great deal for those that don't grow their own pickling cukes and those that their cukes just didn't turn out. They are on sale for .49lb, pm at wm and you are good to go! http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada...-to-7/single/1
    harbie likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I found a even better deal on the pickling cukes. .39lb pic below... feel free to take it and use it to pm. (that is how i do my pms... i save them in a file by expiry dates in the description with the pic all in the file. It works well for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    harbie and walkonby like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yesterday I spent the day with my MIL and we jammed......actually we jellied

Left to right are apple & Cointreau jelly, crabapple and crabapple and translucent apple jelly and some delish scones
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was at RCSS today and bought the complete book of small batch preserving it was 40 % off so about $11 I thought it was by ball but now that I look at it I realize that it is not. There was also o bigger one by bernardin but the recipes looked really big and I just want to make smaller batches of a few things. Hope this book is okay. One author is a dietician and professional home economist and the other has a masters in food science, is also a certified culinary professional and consultant to government and industry so hopefully the recipes are safe! I am always afraid that I am going to poison someone.
    cheekysaver and list465 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Harbie your stuff looks fantastic!!! So yummy! Nice work!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Scouponer it is always good to have a canning book or 2 on hand. Ball and Bernardin are the same company. Remember you can always pick and choose the recipes you want to find online and create your own book of the recipes you love. Spending money sometimes help and the ball complete book of home preserving is somewhat of a canning bible. There is also a Amish canning book available on kindle. They deal with everything from game meat and more in it. In my opinion if you are new the Ball complete book has the most info you will need to start out. Just try and find one at a great price. After a few years of canning I finally started to get some books for my own reference.
    Kitty77 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Ok who is up for a canning challenge? Let me know if this interests you. I would love to do a challenge where I post a few of the good deals on cannable items. This way we have a chance to get some great prices and a wonderful stockpile of home canned goods. Let me know. I would be willing to post youtube vids I find to serve as a general guideline. The recipes you choose to use of course would be totally up to you. (I will still go camping once or twice this year too)
    harbie and Tbites like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    Ok who is up for a canning challenge? Let me know if this interests you. I would love to do a challenge where I post a few of the good deals on cannable items. This way we have a chance to get some great prices and a wonderful stockpile of home canned goods. Let me know. I would be willing to post youtube vids I find to serve as a general guideline. The recipes you choose to use of course would be totally up to you. (I will still go camping once or twice this year too)
    I am up for the challenge.

Lots of veggies are ripe in my garden so I have been canning, dehydrating and freezing like mad. But I am enjoying my time in the kitchen. (I hope I still say that in the fall when I am done all the harvesting and preserving.)
    Kitty77 and cheekysaver like this.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ladydarcie
    I made $695 on Swagbucks last year
    and $206 on Clix and I only joined this past April http://www.clixsense.com/?6397531 (if you like to do tasks, then Clix is a great site as they pay you a $5.00 bonus for every $50.00 worth of tasks you complete.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Cherries .99lb < That will probably be the best price we see this year. A 500 ml of a good brand of cherry pie filling costs about $3. This costs less and will give you some bragging rights. (remember you need 2 500ml jars for a pie.)
    Name:  aug 13 cherries .99lb.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  54.5 KB
    How to can cherry pie filling.
    harbie likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

If you don't have clear gel and you still want to can cherries to thicken later here is a recipe on plain canned cherries. Both are acceptable in my books!
    harbie likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Bread and butter pickles (this uses long english cucumbers and they are on sale 3 for $1)
    If you like sweet pickles like bread and butter pickles these will be the best you will ever eat.
    Sale valid until aug 14
    Name:  aug 14 long english cuke 3 for 1.gif
Views: 212
Size:  152.2 KB
    I did substitute the apple cider vinegar for normal 5% vinegar. (I don't like the smell of the apple cider vinegar and I am allergic)
    harbie, Angela273 and gourmetsue like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Strawberries are $1 lb (The sale got extended until aug 13!) There is cabbage 3 for $3 as well on this flyer so i will post how to make sauerkraut below.
    Name:  Josephs aug 13 strawberries 3 for 3 or buy 5 pay for 4.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  153.8 KB
    How to can strawberries in syrup. These work perfectly served over ice cream or cakes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s4Bgv8N1Tg
    harbie, gourmetsue and Tbites like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

When canning sauerkraut it is a process. It needs to lacto ferment for 2-4 weeks before canning. USE A FOOD PROCESSOR!!! Work smarter not harder!

Here is a usa government website with the canning procedure instructions.
    http://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_06/sauerkraut.html
    harbie likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

All of the above methods are water bath canning that anybody can do. If you are new to canning or if you do not have a pressure canner all of the above work for you.<br><br>If you don't have a cherry pitter some people use a chopstick or even a paper clip to get the pits out. It will take time but it is something that can be done.<br><br>When it comes to the sauerkraut it is expensive in stores. Home canning is the best way to fly. If you don't have a food processor you can use a knife and cut it very fine. Specialized equipment is not required. <br><br>This is a vid showing you how to use jar rings to make a water bath canner. If you have a round wire cake rack it works too, just put it in the pot upside down. Use a tall stock pot and make sure you only buy jars that can easily be covered by a full inch of water during the canning process.&nbsp;<br>
    harbie and Tbites like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Here is a good deal. 4L heinz vinegar for 1.99 at fortinos until the 14th. The best deal I have found was .99 cents at the beginning of the year... but you don't see that price often. (yes I stocked up!)
    Name:  aug 14 heinz vinegar 4L 1.99.gif
Views: 172
Size:  153.2 KB
    harbie likes this.

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information