User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Back from NYC safe and sound!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

WHAT an adventure!!

First of all, and the reason we went: the Rockettes' Christmas Spectacular was absolutely amazing!And it's in 3D!! Yeppers...the back-screen 'meshes' with what the Rockettes' are doing, and it's in 3D so things are shooting in the audience (gifts, toys, etc...) and it's ... OH, I'd SO go again!!
    "Chicago" (the play) was fine, but someone should tell BillyRayCyrus to go home, take care of his daughter, and get some acting and singing lessons! I generally don't believe reviewers, but they were bang on! If he was one of the Rockettes' toy, wooden soldiers, he'd have fit right in! I caught one of 2 flowers tossed into the audience by 'Roxie' and 'Velma' at the end of their pretend performance...to fun!
    Another day we walked out of Rockefeller Center, and they were hoisting their famous Christmas tree!!!! We took photos, which I'll post when we get them on here. Imagine..just walking into that!
    And when leaving Lord&Taylor shopping one evening, there was a bleacher set up, and we heard the NY Junior Choir singing Christmas carols! L&T were unveiling their windows that night, but we were cold, hungry and pooped from shopping, so we took the train from PennStation back to our hotel.
    Other than that....it was all amazing!
    We're planning a return trip in the summer.

GOURMET SUE!!!!!!! AND HER HUBBY!!!!
    As many of you know, Sue and her dear hubby puppy-sat our Jenny while we were away....If you have a fur-kid, you know how difficult it is to leave her or him behind, but we sure were fortunate to have found (been found?) by Sue!
    She kept in touch every day, with either a photo or video of Jenny...letting me know everything she had been up to....and I was able to enjoy our little holiday without stopping to think "omg...she's in a kennel...sleeping on a cold cement floor..sob!"!!!
    What an amazingly giving, kind-hearted, and incredibly special couple they are!!
    Look. I'm nearly in tears typing this. It really makes it easy to love the world again with people like Sue and her hubby in it...they are the "good people" one hopes to find...and once in a while, does.
    They're blessings to us and Jenny and I'm quite certain, to a great many people, too!
    So SUE...Hubby (I'm not sure if she wanted me to name him..)...thank you for being exactly who you are, and for taking such loving care of our little Jenny. Um.....do I see a little doxie in your future??!...

I hope everyone has stayed well....that they've had the brilliant days we've had driving to and from NY...no snow, sunny days...they guys are still golfing here! I'll try to catch up with everyone...I know I've missed some birthdays...bear with me as I attempt to pull up to where all of you are stationed...

Oh. And Christmas music was being played in all the stores we were in, even before Veteran's Day...and everything is decorated for Christmas!
    This thread is currently associated with: Microsoft

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looks like you had a wonderful time!
    Andit, Lynn49 and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Welcome back, Lynn!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

welcome back Lynn! Glad you had a blast!
    Andit, Lynn49 and hollyquaiscer like this.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

oh Lynn!! Thank you for your kind words!

Jenny!!! Where do I start? She was so adorable. We could haven't asked for a sweeter, easier doggie to take care of. It's very quite in here without her snoring on the couch beside us or pulling her bed closer to the fireplace.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Welcome home!

So...is Jenny happy you`re back or annoyed that her vacation is over?
    aussie and hollyquaiscer like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time! Please share some pics

I've always wanted to visit NYC. I've heard there are so many things to do.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    oh Lynn!! Thank you for your kind words!

Jenny!!! Where do I start? She was so adorable. We could haven't asked for a sweeter, easier doggie to take care of. It's very quite in here without her snoring on the couch beside us or pulling her bed closer to the fireplace.
    You're more than welcome, Sweetie....as for Jenny...I really do think she missed having you at "her house" when she finally finished inspecting the place...she sat in the middle of the livingroom and whined! I don't blame her...anyone who provides her with so much loving attention AND a fireplace is certainly someone to be missed!
    You and your hubby are charming, and I want everyone to know that!
    So...as soon as our humungous tv dies, we'll be putting up a ginormous flat-screen and installing a "fireplace"...sigh...I think that may finally satisfy the little tyke...
    Blessings to you and your sweet hubby...Lynn

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Welcome home!

So...is Jenny happy you`re back or annoyed that her vacation is over?
    THAT'S the question, Andi!!! You hit the nail right bang on the head!!
    I think she thought she was in some sort of vacation paradise (complete with fireplace), and WE came along and yanked her out of it!!
    She slept on my lap all the way home, walked in, inspected each room, whined for Sue and her hubby, and when she determined they weren't showing up, she had her dinner, went outside to poop, and had been asleep on the sofa ever since 5pm!
    I had been "getting the look" for the past hour or so to head to bed, so I finally agreed, and we're about to snuggle together once again.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time! Please share some pics

I've always wanted to visit NYC. I've heard there are so many things to do.
    Thank you, Toban....oh, hope you get there! But ... okay, I was going to say do it in the summer, but it was so special seeing the Christmas decorations in the stores, the music, the sales (ahem!), the excitement in the people about their Christmas shopping,....a certain stirring of optimism following the destruction Sandy left in her wake.
    We'll return in the summer to 'do' Central Park, and all the summer sites, and hopefully the trains will run once again to the 911 site.....they weren't running the day we planned to go...
    I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So happy you had a great time in the Big Apple - and got to see and experience some things you really wanted to!

And yay for great petsitters; you are so very lucky!
    Lynn49 and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    THAT'S the question, Andi!!! You hit the nail right bang on the head!!
    I think she thought she was in some sort of vacation paradise (complete with fireplace), and WE came along and yanked her out of it!!
    She slept on my lap all the way home, walked in, inspected each room, whined for Sue and her hubby, and when she determined they weren't showing up, she had her dinner, went outside to poop, and had been asleep on the sofa ever since 5pm!
    I had been "getting the look" for the past hour or so to head to bed, so I finally agreed, and we're about to snuggle together once again.
    Oh, that dreaded look....you get it when you pick them up from their "holiday", you get it when it's bedtime, you get it when they want to be petted and you ignore them, oh....the look!

I'm so happy that you anfd dh are back safe and sound. I'm soooo jealous, Rockets sounds like it was surreal, darn you Lynn.....now I have to go!!!!! It sounds like you guys had ao much fun, and isn't it the best when you don't have to worry about the little one So happy your back hon. I'm anxiously awaiting some great pictures. Have a great day!
    Lynn49 and glowworm2k like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Glad to hear you're home safe and sound and had a wonderful trip

I agree with Holly and Andi; the looks you get from pets once you get back from a trip away are priceless. I was away for just 24 hours or so on the weekend, so Sprinkles was annoyed, but is not plotting my death yet (at least as far as I can tell). She did get lots of compensatory cuddles last night, so I think that helped. I'm glad to hear Jenny did so well in Sue's care... It's so nice to hear pet-sitting success stories (as there are too many of the other kind out there!)
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Welcome back, glad you had a great time!
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

welcome back Lynn!!!!! glad you had a fantastic trip!!
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information