User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Photo of man about to die - NY Post Cover

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Feel free to ignore this thread at any time Stifler if it bothers you so much. SC is a big site.

eta or just report it as offensive if you like
    Not an offence....just wondering why someone would post such an insensitive photo. And that's saying a lot, especially coming from ME!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:50 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Not an offence....just wondering why someone would post such an insensitive photo. And that's saying a lot, especially coming from ME!!!

Oh well keep wondering then.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh well keep wondering then.
    I will keep wondering...You do realize you're showing a picture of a person who died literally a half a second after in that picture? Why don't you find video of the incident and post that too? Unbelievable!!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    The fact is this man was dying in slow motion already, he was unemployed, a drunk, his wife threw him out of the house that morning at 11 and he had a bottle of vodka on him when he died. He was an alcoholic and let me tell you alcohol does kill, it's slow, but it's sure. So why would people go out of their way to help someone who has signed on to the slow suicide plan anyway?

If you have not chosen to embrace life then you have to deal with the consequences e.g. maybe accidentally dying stupidly or without aid from somebody
    Because maybe they're only self-medicating and not being intentionally suicidal. Because sometimes they change their lives around. Because maybe somebody out there loves them and will suffer because he wasn't given a chance. There are so many reasons why . No one had the right to take his life, regardless how he lived it. And his life wasn't less valuable than mine or any one else's .
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    See this is why people did not want to get involved: you have a dirty homeless guy on drugs vs. a belligerent drunk, who is going to step in and solve that argument? In NYC?

Even the most pure of heart would hesitate
    How do you know this is true? Just because he's homeless, doesn't make him 'dirty'.

That's a horrible picture, but, maybe something bad happening and being publicized will finally make the subway people (owners and stuff, not riders) think. I'm sure the subway people are getting their fair share of criticism for this even being possible. Just like the Amanda Todd story, what happened was tragic, but it helped jump start a lot of programs and awareness.

ETA : I don't think anyone should judge whether the photographer should've put his camera down to help, unless they'd have done it themselves. I know I wouldn't, if he was obviously drunk/out of his mind. They could be pissed off at the world (as I know a lot of drunks get) and want to hurt someone, even if the person was innocent and trying to help.

Anyone think about the other people in the subway terminal? I bet they must need extensive therapy.
    Last edited by Brandy Hunter; Thu, Dec 6th, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    How do you know this is true? Just because he's homeless, doesn't make him 'dirty'.

That's a horrible picture, but, maybe something bad happening and being publicized will finally make the subway people (owners and stuff, not riders) think. I'm sure the subway people are getting their fair share of criticism for this even being possible. Just like the Amanda Todd story, what happened was tragic, but it helped jump start a lot of programs and awareness.

ETA : I don't think anyone should judge whether the photographer should've put his camera down to help, unless they'd have done it themselves. I know I wouldn't, if he was obviously drunk/out of his mind. They could be pissed off at the world (as I know a lot of drunks get) and want to hurt someone, even if the person was innocent and trying to help.

Anyone think about the other people in the subway terminal? I bet they must need extensive therapy.
    Every major city with a metro has suicides frequently. There have been several times when the metro stops and the driver announces a delay and we can pretty much surmise what has happened. Although in Mtl they do not publish the number nor do they report them in the news at all. Whether or not this deters anyone from doing it is hard to say. With 22 bridges on to the island we also have a lot of jumpers which is not so easy for them to hide from the public with all the traffic cameras on the bridges.

As for blaming the photographer it's very easy to point the finger when no one else helped him either. People deflect blame from themselves all the time.

Experts say that witnesses to this event may suffer from PTSD.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Suspect arraigned today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspected-s...ry?id=17886112

A New York City man was charged today with murder for shoving another man onto subway tracks where he was struck and killed by an oncoming train.
    Naeem Davis, 30, was arraigned Wednesday night on a second-degree murder charge in he death of Ki-Suck Han, 58, of Queens, N.Y. Davis will be held without bail. He is due back in court on Dec. 11.
    He is charged with murdering Han "with depraved indifference" not because he intended to kill Han, but because his lack of regard for Han's life resulted in the death. Two sources involved in Davis' arrest and charging say there is a question whether he intended to kill Han or whether his death was an unintended consequence of an altercation.

Obtained by ABC
    Naeem Davis is in custody in connection to... View Full Size

Obtained by ABC
    Naeem Davis is in custody in connection to the death of Ki-Suck Han, who was allegedly shoved into the path of a Q train in New York City, Dec. 3, 2012.

Arrest in Deadly Subway Push Watch Video

NYC Man Pushed on Subway Tracks, Killed by Train Watch Video

NYC Subway Fight Caught on Tape Watch Video

Davis admitted to police while explaining the incident that he shoved Han in a way that caused him to fall onto the subway tracks, according to multiple sources involved with the investigation.
    Han struggled to pull himself up from the shoulder-high track bed and back onto the platform at the 49th Street and Seventh Avenue station around 12:30 p.m. on Monday, but was hit and killed by a Q train when it barrelled into the station.
    Davis could be heard arguing with Han before the fatal shove, according to surveillance video from the station. Davis told police that Han was harassing him and would not leave him alone, so he pushed Han.
    Detectives are investigating whether the altercation began at the subway station turnstile and whether Han had jumped that turnstile and bumped Davis.
    Police are also awaiting toxicology results on Han, who was found with an empty pint bottle of vodka on him when he died, according to sources.
    Davis has no currently known mental illness history. He has prior arrests for minor charges, although the search of his arrest record is not complete. Those arrests in New York City appear to be peddler related.
    Han death shocked New York City and the moment was frozen in the city's psyche by a photograph that captured Han with his arms and head above the platform staring at the oncoming train.
    A doctor who was standing nearby attempted to perform CPR on Han, but he was pronounced dead at Roosevelt Hospital shortly after the accident.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Feel free to ignore this thread at any time Stifler if it bothers you so much. SC is a big site.

eta or just report it as offensive if you like

If you hadn't have posted it...I would have since the story is of intereast to some of us..
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's been posted, why is everyone still beating the dead horse (so to speak).

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Every major city with a metro has suicides frequently. There have been several times when the metro stops and the driver announces a delay and we can pretty much surmise what has happened. Although in Mtl they do not publish the number nor do they report them in the news at all. Whether or not this deters anyone from doing it is hard to say. With 22 bridges on to the island we also have a lot of jumpers which is not so easy for them to hide from the public with all the traffic cameras on the bridges.

As for blaming the photographer it's very easy to point the finger when no one else helped him either. People deflect blame from themselves all the time.

Experts say that witnesses to this event may suffer from PTSD.
    Have you ever seen the show Undercover Boss? The owner of the subway in TO was on it, and she was with a subway driver one day. The driver said that it was extremely traumatic, since they're RIGHT THERE on the other side of the window. I know she commented on psychological help, but I can't remember if it was because it was paid for them, or if she wanted it to be. I don't think i'd be able to have that job.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Every major city with a metro has suicides frequently. There have been several times when the metro stops and the driver announces a delay and we can pretty much surmise what has happened.
    Exactly...I was held up several times when I worked in London(UK) due to incidents on the tube. Some were accidents, some were suicide attempts and some were delibrate either as "jokes" or murder attempts.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I will keep wondering...You do realize you're showing a picture of a person who died literally a half a second after in that picture? Why don't you find video of the incident and post that too? Unbelievable!!
    Stifler, I tried so hard to give ou many chances. The way I feel, you're a nice person but this is not the right forum for you.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Stifler, I tried so hard to give ou many chances. The way I feel, you're a nice person but this is not the right forum for you.
    Showing a picture of someone about to DIE is completely unacceptable...regardless if it's on a national newspaper. There's no need to show someone about to die...Very distasteful. That person could be related to someone here. No respect for the deceased.

Bbut, if i comment telling someone to move from there home bc a drug dealer live beside them, i'm considered a rude. The gender bias on this site is unbelievable...all bc i have a higher level of testosterone and don't live in a world of marshmallows and rainbows like everyone here pretends to be. Men have every right to be on the site and speak as MEN. We're not going to beat around the bush or hand hold....we're men. Women need to realize that this site belongs to men as well and need to accept our mentality and vocabulary. Not just complain when we state the obvious.
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Showing a picture of someone about to DIE is completely unacceptable...regardless if it's on a national newspaper. There's no need to show someone about to die...Very distasteful. That person could be related to someone here. No respect for the deceased.

Bbut, if i comment telling someone to move from there home bc a drug dealer live beside them, i'm considered a rude. The gender bias on this site is unbelievable...all bc i have a higher level of testosterone and don't live in a world of marshmallows and rainbows like everyone here pretends to be. Men have every right to be on the site and speak as MEN. We're not going to beat around the bush or hand hold....we're men. Women need to realize that this site belongs to men as well and need to accept our mentality and vocabulary. Not just complain when we state the obvious.

Well seeing that I posted the picture maybe I don't live in a world of "marshmallows and rainbows".

If Boo wants the picture down he can take it down or if he wants me to take it down I will.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information