User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Privacy, DRONES, and 1, 3 5 years down the road

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do you value your privacy? want to know what things will look like 1,3 or 5 years down the road?

Post privacy related issues here. Things are changing fast, public not even aware, media unable to grasp, FYI:

#1 Facial Recognition
    I saw a demonstration of commercial facial recognition software last month in Dallas. With it, I can take a photo of someone, enter it into software, it makes a profile of your face, and then searches pictures in the public domain that match the profile.

- If a photo (Nudie for example) enters the public domain, someone can find those photos by searching your profile, even if you are not tagged in the pic.
    - Images hosted on clouds are private. But there are high probability data stored on those will be hacked and leaked.
    - Private pics should be stored on external device. Crop your nudies!
    - Stores will use facial recognition to fight crime and customize your experience etc (utter BS)
    - Government will deploy security cameras with facial recognition, will be able to track your movements ala big brother.
    - Those nude scans airports take of you.... when they said those images are not being saved?They are...

By 2018 (or sooner) facial recognition apps will be widely available.

It is my opinion, this software will have a HUGE impact on human behaviour.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by vesper; Sat, Dec 8th, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
    Judstir, Andit, Natalka and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Well then, don't have your face in all those nudie pics you share, vesper... lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I crop my face out
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

10 years ago, no one would dare reveal their true identity online or share photos with strangers. Now today, you're in the minority for not revealing your photos on facebook. i prefer to be in the minority in this case for reason exactly why Vesper stated.

Like + Rep to Vesper
    ticul and vesper like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I don't post pictures of myself or my family on-line. That's been the first rule of our posting style since the late 1980's when I was first active on bulletin boards.

And I never went for the t!1ts oot for the lads postings either while I ws modding...
    angel_2011 and vesper like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    Well then, don't have your face in all those nudie pics you share, vesper... lol

They will still find him. They will cross reference the nudie pics with the saved data from the airport scanners....
    Judstir, CanadianBella and vesper like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I crop my face out
    It's not your face we can recognise....

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think there are any pics out there I am worried about. The lady who lives 2 doors down from me... she is going to have a problem one day

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I value my privacy, so if I do post anything, it is generally as locked down as I can make it.

I have shared the odd picture with people that I consider "friends", but I think that regardless of what we share or do not share, we are in an age where everyone is vulnerable.
    There are cameras in the stores. You get photos professionally done and those images are stored on the photographers computer. Anyone can take a picture of me anywhere with their phone and post it anywhere.

Regardless of how much we like it or not, we are all vulnerable, voluntarily or not.
    Judstir, Natalka and GoJays like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is true. There are places where we have no expectation of privacy. In other places we do.

I am curious as the whether in the future, people will be help responsible in civil court for leaking photos of people not meant for public consumption. Like an ex GF or BF uploading naughty images to embarrass the victim etc.
    Judstir likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

you are covered by law if you are a minor, though. comes under childp0rn laws.
    vesper likes this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    That is true. There are places where we have no expectation of privacy. In other places we do.

I am curious as the whether in the future, people will be help responsible in civil court for leaking photos of people not meant for public consumption. Like an ex GF or BF uploading naughty images to embarrass the victim etc.
    You can't do that today without legal ramifications!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

But if you do not know about it, there are no ramifications and people continue to do it.
    There was a video posted on YouTube and it was of people in Walmart looking what many would consider weird. How many of those people are aware of that video? Each time we view those things, we encourage that behaviour. It is humiliating for them, and YouTube doesn't do Anything to stop it unless it is something truly horrible.
    So where do we draw the line?
    How do we protect ourselves? We cannot live in little bubbles in the middle of no where, humAns need to socialize, and the Internet is a massive part of who we are today.
    Judstir and vesper like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

guess noone told a certain celebrity blogger about this lmao

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I just got back from vacation & was the lucky recipient of the extra security scan. So, in addition to the x-ray, I got a pat-down. Fun times.

As for the x-ray pics, well, after all the things I've gone through in the hospital, I have very few inhibitions left (when practically every breathing soul in a hospital - from doctors to nurses to interns to cleaning staff to their cousin's dog groomer's brother's entourage - has seen you in all your glory, a couple of nudie pics of me in a less than, ahem, enthusiastic pose hardly seems like a big deal.

And if I ever decide to run for public office, those pics will win me the exhibitionists' votes.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information