User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Question About Trading - Extra Coupons

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have a question for everyone. How do you feel about receiving extras in a trade???? I know this must seem like an insane question to be asking but I have now had people questioning me about the extras I sent. I always try to include some extra coupons when I trade, do I expect the same in return no, but I think it is a nice gesture especially after I was recently given a large number of coupons from someone who decided couponing was not for them I started making sure to always add a extra to share the great fortune of free coupons (I know they are all free but I hope you know what I mean).

I always check someone's wish list (if they have one) and try to match up coupons, if I do not have anything on their wishlist I try to send multiples of coupons they requested or send general everyday use coupons, these are never substitution coupons, these were coupons sent on top of all coupons requested. All coupons agreed to in the trade were sent as requested and these were 100% extras.

I am kind of at a loss, I enjoy sending the extras and hope others enjoy them but kind of saddened by the reactions I have received. Are extras now unacceptable?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    coupon girl likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Did someone complain about you sending extras?
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i send extras sometimes -i did today -sent what they wanted and a few dec expiry's-some send extras to me to -dont stop -i like to do it

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I always try to include extra's if I can and no one has ever been less than grateful about it. If someone complained about you sending extra's... well, they just suck! lol
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hi Fallen,
    Yes I had 2 people who got upset over me sending extras. Have to admit kind of floored, both people only coupons from their wishlist were sent. One me How they no longer needed these coupons and that their wishlist was out of date and these coupons were useless to them so they would be throwing them out. the other told me I wasn`t taking my couponing seriously and they would not trade with me again.

Even if they are no longer needed I am not sure why anything was said. Heck I don't even care if the coupons are just re traded, I understand that sometimes if a coupon is on your wishlist you find it yourself or someone sends you extras and than you have too many. It has happened to me many times, I always say thank you for the extras (I know they did not need to send them) and either give them to someone or try to re trade them.

I figured I would ask to see how others felt as it was almost like I had done something wrong with the one person.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Did someone complain about you sending extras?
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Dec 14th, 2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: added more

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I agree with above posters, extras are a nice surprise. If I can, I add in extras.

The only time I could even see someone being upset over extras is if they are responsible for paying postage.
    smileyKT likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Hi Fallen,
    Yes I had 2 people who got upset over me sending extras. Have to admit kind of floored, both people only coupons from their wishlists were sent. One told me how they no longer needed these coupons and that their wishlist was out of date and these coupons were useless to them so they would be throwing them out. The other told me I wasn't taking my couponing seriously and they would not trade with me again.
    Weird. I'm guessing it was a straight trade where you both paid your own postage?

Personally I just wouldn't trade with them again. Most people are grateful and gracious to receive extras.

Sorry you had such bad experiences but dont let it get you down. RAOK's are always a good thing.
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Fri, Dec 14th, 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Hi Fallen,
    Yes I had 2 people who got upset over me sending extras. Have to admit kind of floored, both people only coupons from their wishlists were sent. One told me how they no longer needed these coupons and that their wishlist was out of date and these coupons were useless to them so they would be throwing them out. The other told me I wasn't taking my couponing seriously and they would not trade with me again.
    That's just plain rude It's nice to receive extra's and even if you can't use them personally you can trade them or use them in trains. I think it's very wrong that anyone would complain about that
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

I try to send extras as well, it's a nice surprise! I feel good about sending and receiving them

Please don't let these negative (and rare!) reactions stop you!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I would agree with paying extra postage, but as soon as trade becomes larger than a few coupons I always make sure to weigh them (we have a mail machine at work) and the moment it says more the $0.69 I take it into the post office to have them weigh it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I agree with above posters, extras are a nice surprise. If I can, I add in extras.

The only time I could even see someone being upset over extras is if they are responsible for paying postage.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow some people are so ungrateful. I always add extra's in my trades and love receiving them as well. It was nice of you to do that and I wouldn't let anyone make you feel bad for doing so. I wouldn't trade with those 2 people anymore as it seems like there just trouble. Most couponers love extra's even though it's not necessary. In my trades I've received extra's that I was able to stack with and it helped me out a lot. Sorry you had a bad experience. I would suggest asking the person if you added a few extra's if it would be okay before you send out your trade. I know it can become very overwhelming with all the coupons and it's nice to give them away.

Good luck

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I would agree with paying extra postage, but as soon as trade becomes larger than a few coupons I always make sure to weigh them (we have a mail machine at work) and the moment it says more the $0.69 I take it into the post office to have them weigh it for me.
    Sorry, what I meant was that sometimes people agree to a trade where the receiver pays for postage. For example, I'll send you 5 stamps plus whatever amount of stamps it takes to mail to me for agreed on coupons. Under that example I may be not be overly pleased with a bunch of extras (just because I wouldn't want to waste stamps on coupons I don't need).

But even then I would still be thankful for the thought and good intention.

Hopefully that makes sense

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow that is just plain rude -hang in there other people on smartcanucks are happy to recieve extras-i am for sure

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I ALWAYS add in a bunch of extras to my trades too! Everyone has been so appreciative for the extras!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I love receiving extras as well as giving them. Especially when they are coupons you have never seen and can use

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information