User Tag List

Page 162 of 226 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

  1. #2416
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    23,289
    Likes Received
    52006
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyone123 View Post
    Is it too late to join in the fun??

    A little about me, about 6 years ago I dropped 70 pounds and managed to keep it off for about 4 years. Then my husband was laid off and over the next two years I managed to pack on 57 of those pounds. I'm happy to report that not only has my husband found a great job but he just got a promotion so all is good again. That's when I realized that stress was no longer a factor and I was only holding myself back so one Saturday afternoon I was flipping through the channels and came across a movie called "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead". Hubby and I watched the film and by the time it was done we both looked at each other and said..."We've gotta do this". Hubby has always been thin but he is over 35 and the weight has slowly started to creep on (although his extra weight was only about 10 pounds).

    So February 10th we started on our juice reboot. I lasted a full 10 days on juice only (hubby still ate one meal a day) and not only did I drop 12 pounds but it completely reset my system. My cravings for carbs and sweets were completely gone!! I now drink juice everyday for breakfast and as an afternoon snack and the rest of my days are filled with veggies, fruit, nuts, seeds and beans. Thats it, no sugar, no dairy, no meat and no carbs (ie pasta, rice, bread etc).

    I have never felt so good and honestly I never thought I'd be able to live like this. The 10 days of juicing completely reset my taste buds and I truly enjoy vegetables!! I plan on sticking to this until I loose the rest of my weight then I'm going to add in a little protein/dairy, but I don't ever intend on going back to carbs. They were my weakness and now that I recognize that I can be satisfied and healthier without them.

    My plan isn't low carb because I can eat any veggie I want including squash, carrots, corn and sweet potatoes and they aren't allowed on low carb plans. I've finally found my new way of eating. I don't crave the foods I used to eat at all and this is actually the first time in my life I've honestly been able to say that. I went to a party this weekend and passed up on everything I used to love including pasta, a cheese platter and cake and wasn't upset about it.

    Oh, and I'm down a total of 15 pounds as of this morning and hubby is down 7!
    Yes, absolutely, WELCOME ABOARD! That's quite the track-record you have there, congratulations! As Patty said, we each find our own way, support each other, commiserate with each other; we're all fighting the same war, skirmish by skirmish..




  2. #2417
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,376
    Likes Received
    840
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Found out tonight that the woman I have mentioned previously that I like, ended up giving me a dirty look the other day when she walked by me and wouldn't stand behind me when we were signing out. Immature but still hurts. Shows what she thinks of me. How this effects my weight this weekend.... don't know. Good chance for a gain.
    ROMEO likes this.

  3. #2418
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,871
    Likes Received
    21190
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Down 1.5

    Now this week was way easier because the kids were home and I got more sleep.I am worried that next week it will be tougher because not only back to chauffeuring to school but both kids start music lessons at the worst possible hours , rush hour and it's a 45 minute drive from here.

    This means supper on Mondays will be later than 6pm and on Fridays it will be after 7pm . Tuesdays are already screwed up because they have swimming one of them from 5-6 and the other from 7-8. so supper has to be chomped down between 6:15 and 6:30 when I bring back one from the pool and get the other one there.
    ROMEO, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

  4. #2419
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    38,497
    Likes Received
    62756
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyone123 View Post
    Is it too late to join in the fun??

    A little about me, about 6 years ago I dropped 70 pounds and managed to keep it off for about 4 years. Then my husband was laid off and over the next two years I managed to pack on 57 of those pounds. I'm happy to report that not only has my husband found a great job but he just got a promotion so all is good again. That's when I realized that stress was no longer a factor and I was only holding myself back so one Saturday afternoon I was flipping through the channels and came across a movie called "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead". Hubby and I watched the film and by the time it was done we both looked at each other and said..."We've gotta do this". Hubby has always been thin but he is over 35 and the weight has slowly started to creep on (although his extra weight was only about 10 pounds).

    So February 10th we started on our juice reboot. I lasted a full 10 days on juice only (hubby still ate one meal a day) and not only did I drop 12 pounds but it completely reset my system. My cravings for carbs and sweets were completely gone!! I now drink juice everyday for breakfast and as an afternoon snack and the rest of my days are filled with veggies, fruit, nuts, seeds and beans. Thats it, no sugar, no dairy, no meat and no carbs (ie pasta, rice, bread etc).

    I have never felt so good and honestly I never thought I'd be able to live like this. The 10 days of juicing completely reset my taste buds and I truly enjoy vegetables!! I plan on sticking to this until I loose the rest of my weight then I'm going to add in a little protein/dairy, but I don't ever intend on going back to carbs. They were my weakness and now that I recognize that I can be satisfied and healthier without them.

    My plan isn't low carb because I can eat any veggie I want including squash, carrots, corn and sweet potatoes and they aren't allowed on low carb plans. I've finally found my new way of eating. I don't crave the foods I used to eat at all and this is actually the first time in my life I've honestly been able to say that. I went to a party this weekend and passed up on everything I used to love including pasta, a cheese platter and cake and wasn't upset about it.

    Oh, and I'm down a total of 15 pounds as of this morning and hubby is down 7!

    Congrats!! Welcome to the thread here. I also tried the Joe 10 day juice fast with the same success as you ( 11 pounds lost )
    I pm'd you just now
    ROMEO, Lynn49 and jasperandchar like this.






  5. #2420
    Coupify! Granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Eastern Ontario
    Posts
    2,791
    Likes Received
    11371
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)




    Busy schedules do make it hard to eat healthy and well.

    I am net loss 1 lb for the past two weeks...this is good, since I ate barely anything last week and knew I would gain! I am right on track with my losing goals!!!
    ROMEO, Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger



  6. #2421
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    23,289
    Likes Received
    52006
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Down 1.5

    Now this week was way easier because the kids were home and I got more sleep.I am worried that next week it will be tougher because not only back to chauffeuring to school but both kids start music lessons at the worst possible hours , rush hour and it's a 45 minute drive from here.

    This means supper on Mondays will be later than 6pm and on Fridays it will be after 7pm . Tuesdays are already screwed up because they have swimming one of them from 5-6 and the other from 7-8. so supper has to be chomped down between 6:15 and 6:30 when I bring back one from the pool and get the other one there.
    And people wonder why women are such good organizers?! Sheesh, Patty! I recall those chauffering days, both swimming, our daughter at ballet almost every evening...dinners on the run; but we are "WOMAN" as the song goes, so we do it all, get through it as best we can, smiling (okay, not always) all the way! It surely is stressful and we know that stress certainly doesn't help in our weight-loss journeys.

    Granger, happy you're on track again; we're expecting great things from you! (no pressure..

    Keep up the good work everyone, and remember, weekends do not give us permission to fall off our wagons!




  7. #2422
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    23,289
    Likes Received
    52006
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)







  8. #2423
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    23,289
    Likes Received
    52006
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Granger and jasperandchar like this.



  9. #2424
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,871
    Likes Received
    21190
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Warmer weather approaching, might be a good time to get out walking again. Just wondering when I will have time lol.
    jasperandchar likes this.

  10. #2425
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    23,289
    Likes Received
    52006
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Patty, I just sat down with a coffee to check up on you all and am thinking of taking Jenny for a walk around the block; it's only -4 right now.
    I think she's as antsy as I am, avoiding that frigid weather! Yep..a walk is in order..
    Have a great day, Hon...

  11. #2426
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    23,289
    Likes Received
    52006
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    So Jenny and I went for our walk and a neighbousr were just getting ready to pull out of their driveway and I went to the car window (our hubby's taught HS together, so she and I knew each other very well), to ask about how she's doing (not those words, of course) with her battle with breast cancer, and she said she's had chemo, and is now on her way to another radiation treatment. Then, she says, Btw....he has 'it' now, too! Her husband was just diagnosed with prostate cancer and will be undergoing radiation treatments!! Honestly....we're so blessed....

    Take good care of your health, everyone; if ever there was a wake-up call needed, today was IT.
    Jenny and I continued on our way, as they went to the hospital and I was so thankful for the cold air, cold ears, the wind, because I was healthy enough to enjoy it all.

    I also weighed in today and am down 2 lbs since Wednesday. So, 2.6 lbs since Monday...and my week ends next Monday!
    I hope it's from dieting!!!

    Stay well and have a wonderful weekend, everyone!! And no feeling sorry for ourselves for what we're not allowed to eat...it's a precious little problem compared to what others have to endure. Blessings...Lynn
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Mar 7th, 2014 at 08:09 PM.



  12. #2427
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,871
    Likes Received
    21190
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    Took Kevin to his music lesson tonight and I spoke to the coordinator and an opening has come up Saturday mornings at 9:30 for Kiera . Yay!!! Much better than Mondays at 4:45. One less headache.
    Lynn49, walkonby and jasperandchar like this.

  13. #2428
    Coupify! Granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Eastern Ontario
    Posts
    2,791
    Likes Received
    11371
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)




    The sale of our new and current home are firm!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger



  14. #2429
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    23,289
    Likes Received
    52006
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    The sale of our new and current home are firm!!!
    Yay for you!! Hope you have a smoooooth move!!

    walkonby and jasperandchar like this.



  15. #2430
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,376
    Likes Received
    840
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    - 2.6 (189.4)

Page 162 of 226 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •